umesh

Autotrader

Auto Trader continues support into June, with a series of new measures, including a 25% discount and its biggest ever stock offer

27th May 2020

Following the government’s confirmation that automotive showrooms in England will be able to reopen from 1st June, Auto Trader has signalled its ongoing support for its retailer partners by offering a 25% discount on all advertising packages throughout June, as well as extending its double stock offer until at least 16th July[1]. For customers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Auto Trader will remain free while retailer forecourts are required to remain closed. March payment terms for all customers have been extended by a total of 60 days and packages will also remain free for all customers for the remainder of May.

From before the lockdown began, Auto Trader has been committed to supporting retailers, providing free advertising packages and extended payment terms to help manage cash flow challenges. During the period of the lockdown, while the business has been free, it has delivered over 400 million ad views and more than 750,000 leads[2] to its customers.  

In addition to these measures, to further assist customers in their recovery, Auto Trader has invested in a consumer marketing campaign to drive awareness that retailers are back and open for business. Auto Trader is in a unique position to support the industry to get back to business with circa 1.1 million potential car buyers currently visiting its marketplace every day and through its app which has been downloaded by over 14 million UK consumers.

What’s more, to reassure anxious car buyers, Auto Trader has introduced a range of free online features to help highlight the safety measures retailers have put in place to make the car buying experience safer. The business has also accelerated the launch of AT Market Insight, an innovative tool designed to provide retailers with bespoke market analysis.

Nathan Coe, Auto Trader’s Chief Executive Officer, commented: “This recent government announcement is an important step forward for the automotive industry. We will continue to support our customers, which is now about helping them to sell as many vehicles as possible, which is the focus of everyone at Auto Trader. We understand that returning to trading will be challenging for our Retailer partners, but we are confident we can help given our scale and the unusually high levels of demand we are seeing on our platform.”

Great offer ( not).What about removing the misleading price markers,how dim are these people running AT.If they want to maintain their market share,the discount should be at least 30% and with the double stock offer lasting until next year.I think greedy Auto Trader has peaked as a business and dealers with pitches ( as opposed to doorsteppers ) and who have supported them for many years have now learnt to rely on them a lot less.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, umesh said:

Auto Trader continues support into June, with a series of new measures, including a 25% discount and its biggest ever stock offer

27th May 2020

Following the government’s confirmation that automotive showrooms in England will be able to reopen from 1st June, Auto Trader has signalled its ongoing support for its retailer partners by offering a 25% discount on all advertising packages throughout June, as well as extending its double stock offer until at least 16th July[1]. For customers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Auto Trader will remain free while retailer forecourts are required to remain closed. March payment terms for all customers have been extended by a total of 60 days and packages will also remain free for all customers for the remainder of May.

From before the lockdown began, Auto Trader has been committed to supporting retailers, providing free advertising packages and extended payment terms to help manage cash flow challenges. During the period of the lockdown, while the business has been free, it has delivered over 400 million ad views and more than 750,000 leads[2] to its customers.  

In addition to these measures, to further assist customers in their recovery, Auto Trader has invested in a consumer marketing campaign to drive awareness that retailers are back and open for business. Auto Trader is in a unique position to support the industry to get back to business with circa 1.1 million potential car buyers currently visiting its marketplace every day and through its app which has been downloaded by over 14 million UK consumers.

What’s more, to reassure anxious car buyers, Auto Trader has introduced a range of free online features to help highlight the safety measures retailers have put in place to make the car buying experience safer. The business has also accelerated the launch of AT Market Insight, an innovative tool designed to provide retailers with bespoke market analysis.

Nathan Coe, Auto Trader’s Chief Executive Officer, commented: “This recent government announcement is an important step forward for the automotive industry. We will continue to support our customers, which is now about helping them to sell as many vehicles as possible, which is the focus of everyone at Auto Trader. We understand that returning to trading will be challenging for our Retailer partners, but we are confident we can help given our scale and the unusually high levels of demand we are seeing on our platform.”

The offer is only for dealers who didn’t reduce their advertised stock levels before the 16th of March. I like many did and there is no support at all. The majority won’t increase there stock numbers with Autotrader.

Autotrader purely only exist for their shareholders and have made excessive profits off the back of car dealers for years, if they really wanted to support the motor dealers surely they would make their packages for affordable in the long term.

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Like 1

Notice a lot of thank you comments on social media like Autotrader done you any favours from the goodness of there hearts, they responded to a massive reduction in customers like they have never seen before they had to do something to try and keep dealers.

When the going was good give they give two hoots about price markers ? did they hell as like. 

Still say Ebay motors missed a massive opening they may never get a similar chance. 

I thought this thread must have been started by AT judging by the large font emblazoned at the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Notice a lot of thank you comments on social media like Autotrader done you any favours from the goodness of there hearts, they responded to a massive reduction in customers like they have never seen before they had to do something to try and keep dealers.

When the going was good give they give two hoots about price markers ? did they hell as like. 

Still say Ebay motors missed a massive opening they may never get a similar chance. 

All of this. They missed a huge chance when the goal was gaping, not it's just got smaller. Very silly.

I think EBay are selling their classifieds business which includes motors and gumtree.

I suspect this is because they’re expecting a decline in revenues (due to FB marketplace?)

2 hours ago, BHM said:

I thought this thread must have been started by AT judging by the large font emblazoned at the start.

Umesh only posts on here when its about Autotrader. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

He needn’t bother on my account. Hasn’t the IMDA got its own forum for AT propaganda?

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BHM said:

He needn’t bother on my account. Hasn’t the IMDA got its own forum for AT propaganda?

I think he said he had ditched AT ?

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I watched his zoom and liked him but dont understand why he would promote autotrader,now go back to 1988 and I would have held the semi automatic for them as they broke the local paper monopoly

frightening to believe they now take this position and in my opinion abuse it

now we have President Trump saying twitter is abusing its position

I agree

after I'm dead I firmly believe big business is going to override government 

be afraid

19 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

The offer is only for dealers who didn’t reduce their advertised stock levels before the 16th of March. I like many did and there is no support at all. The majority won’t increase there stock numbers with Autotrader.

We reduced our slots on 6th March so don't benefit from extra support either. Dropped from 100 last year down to 60 and now on 35.

Our latest decision to drop slots was nothing to do with Coronavirus though - it was purely to do with their price markers. I saw absolutely no point in spending money with a company to advertise my cars, only for them to advise prospects with a bright red  banner that many of my cars were high priced and by how much. Why would I want to do that???

The only cars we advertise with Autotrader now are ones which attract Fair, Good or Great markers.

Edited by Charlie Chopper

14 hours ago, CCC said:

I think EBay are selling their classifieds business which includes motors and gumtree.

I suspect this is because they’re expecting a decline in revenues (due to FB marketplace?)

You heard that important bit of info from ? selling to whom cant see marketplace making a dent on anything its a very poor platform and has even added its own form of price markers so not even worth looking at.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Not all all guys, I saw it early on on social media and thought it was worth sharing for those who might not have spotted it :)

15 hours ago, BHM said:

The IMDA has its forum ... you'll be dissapointed to hear that AT is rarely discussed and what i've said myself is always open and up front, I don't have an agenda against AT or any other platforms. I say things as they are! 

11 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I watched his zoom and liked him but dont understand why he would promote autotrader,now go back to 1988 and I would have held the semi automatic for them as they broke the local paper monopoly

frightening to believe they now take this position and in my opinion abuse it

now we have President Trump saying twitter is abusing its position

I agree

after I'm dead I firmly believe big business is going to override government 

be afraid

Wasn't promoting simply posting what their PR dept has posted.

14 hours ago, trade vet said:

Cancelled - retracted- cancelled- retracted whilst the free offer during lockdown was happening and did take 3/4 reservations from AT in that time, it was a no brainer to keep the cars on there with the free advertising. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, umesh said:

Not all all guys, I saw it early on on social media and thought it was worth sharing for those who might not have spotted it :)

The IMDA has its forum ... you'll be dissapointed to hear that AT is rarely discussed and what i've said myself is always open and up front, I don't have an agenda against AT or any other platforms. I say things as they are! 

Wasn't promoting simply posting what their PR dept has posted.

Cancelled - retracted- cancelled- retracted whilst the free offer during lockdown was happening and did take 3/4 reservations from AT in that time, it was a no brainer to keep the cars on there with the free advertising. 

Umesh is a good guy, and I can vouch for the fact he does not promote or spout on about  Autoraper more than anyone else, on the IMDA forum or on here from what I see.

I was pleased to see he’d dumped the robbers, then not pleased, then pleased, then..... :0) Hopefully he’ll see sense and cancel again.  ‘Vive la revolution!’ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, justina3 said:

You heard that important bit of info from ? selling to whom cant see marketplace making a dent on anything its a very poor platform and has even added its own form of price markers so not even worth looking at.

It’s in the FT but that might be behind a paywall, here’s the same story.

https://tamebay.com/2020/05/axel-springer-submit-bid-for-ebay-classifieds.html

• Like 1

It’s a quarter off my bill at a time when I’m doing good. 
nearly everything is selling via AT at the moment (free) and to get it for less is very much welcome whilst everything builds back up. 

I think may might be a record breaking month for us, in March I was a bit worried if we would actually sell a car.

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

It’s a quarter off my bill at a time when I’m doing good. 
nearly everything is selling via AT at the moment (free) and to get it for less is very much welcome whilst everything builds back up. 

I think may might be a record breaking month for us, in March I was a bit worried if we would actually sell a car.

Go Smash it @Rory RSC ! well done 

I think AutoTrader have been fantastic throughout this, if you don't like them and you cant make it work for you then fair play, no ones forcing you to use them. Car gurus have been charging 50% whilst we've been closed and not selling, they've pulled out of load s of European markets, laying off staff, whilst not paying a penny in UK tax, but I don't hear anyone complaining about them.  

My sales like everyones took a massive hit in April but May I've done 23 sales so far,  still about 10 behind last May but every single one has come from the Auto Trader and without it costing me a penny. I for one want to thank them for what they've done because I really believe without them I'm not sure I'd have managed to get through this. and the double stock will be most welcome for the coming weeks. I 've never been a massive fan but the facts and evidence prove that I  get the best ROI from them by far than any other website Ive ever used. 

this wont be a popular post as everyone hates em but seriously I couldnt have survived without them and am really grateful of their support in the past couple of months, my rep of 15 years even posted me a load of disposable steering wheel covers. 

We ditched autotrader nearly two years ago they kept ringing saying we would regret it, kept motors and ebay (which now includes gumtree) car gururs hassling us every month to upgrade no interst AT cost us nearly £30k per year plus va,t motors etc £12k per year inlc gumtree and ebay, and has been free for the last few months, profits have not altered since binning AT 

23 sales so happy you made the click and collect/ deliver work for you, never happened for us can you share some tips 

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

I think AutoTrader have been fantastic throughout this, if you don't like them and you cant make it work for you then fair play, no ones forcing you to use them. Car gurus have been charging 50% whilst we've been closed and not selling, they've pulled out of load s of European markets, laying off staff, whilst not paying a penny in UK tax, but I don't hear anyone complaining about them.  

My sales like everyones took a massive hit in April but May I've done 23 sales so far,  still about 10 behind last May but every single one has come from the Auto Trader and without it costing me a penny. I for one want to thank them for what they've done because I really believe without them I'm not sure I'd have managed to get through this. and the double stock will be most welcome for the coming weeks. I 've never been a massive fan but the facts and evidence prove that I  get the best ROI from them by far than any other website Ive ever used. 

this wont be a popular post as everyone hates em but seriously I couldnt have survived without them and am really grateful of their support in the past couple of months, my rep of 15 years even posted me a load of disposable steering wheel covers. 

Wow Autotrader have an operating profit margin of 70%, they’ve given you two free months over 15 years  (while you’ve given them - circa £360,000.00 I’d imagine) and oh and some plastic steering wheel covers and you think they are fantastic?! 

I find it hard to believe that every one of your enquirers has come purely from Autotrader. Do you not have a forecourt, website or advertise anywhere else? I’m opening up again on the 1st June and list about a quarter of my stock on Autotrader, less then 10 percent of my booked appointments have come from Autotrader. 

I am really pleased you’ve made click and collect/delivery work that well for you and it’s not that Autotrader doesn’t work, its just that you have to be cost effective and there’s are many other ways to drive customers to your stock.

5 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Wow Autotrader have an operating profit margin of 70%, they’ve given you two free months over 15 years  (while you’ve given them - circa £360,000.00 I’d imagine) and oh and some plastic steering wheel covers and you think they are fantastic?! 

How much have they enabled him to make in that time though. What might not work for you is obviously working for him and he's happy with it.