JobDone

A little Introduction

Hi Guys an Gals,

Just wanted to show my face. Ive been poaching information from here for 6 months or so and have found it a very inciteful place. I hope your all doing well and have got through this lockdown intact.

I am just starting my car trader journey. Ive been fleet maintenance controller for a large accident managment company for many years but now feel the time is right to do something ive always loved. Ive always brought and sold, whether it be mountain bikes or antiques(i dealt for 2 years) and nothing sems to come close to the buzz of closing a deal. So im now in a position to go at this part time initially but hopefully moving fulltime in the next few months.

I spoke to Ashley on here at UKGlobal who was very helpful and very competetive so it looks like ill be taking him up on his trade insurance quote in the next few days. Once thats done i will be applying for my first set of trade plates, something im really looking forward to for some strange reason....

I will be trading from home initially and curently have space for 4 vehicles to get me started.

Whats the biggest piece of advice you would give someone in my postion?

I hope to get to know you all a little better over the coming months as i pick your brains on new situations that may arise.

Paul

Edited by JobDone
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum and good luck nice introduction by the way 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JobDone said:

Hi Guys an Gals,

Just wanted to show my face. Ive been poaching information from here for 6 months or so and have found it a very inciteful place. 

I think you mean 'insightful' ;)

Anyway, welcome. You've certainly picked a very challenging time to start out.....best of luck..

1 hour ago, JobDone said:

Whats the biggest piece of advice you would give someone in my postion?

Get your head down and get stuck in and never give up, the only way is up from here.

Welcome by the way.

• Like 1

Hi

You will get plenty of good advice on here especially if you get into the private lounge.You will need that because you might face problems you had never thought about.

If you have a good source of stock ( other than auctions ),friendly workshop and paintshop,that would be a good start.

Also,noting you are in fleet management,if you get the opportunity to buy ex fleet stuff,that would be good.

• Like 2

Best bit of advise from me would be not to listen to every bit of advise you receive. 

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

so you will be able to get the lightly scuffed old duffer motors before they are scooped by copart?

Those were the days 

Edited by Casper

6 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

my local bodyshop used to get all the coop ones before pas125 kicked that in the nuts

Those were the days certainly the local garage used to buy some direct from the insurance company before I started  working there but remember them when going in with. My dad he was pals with the owner who has sold up about 10 years ago and bought a holiday home in Spain says he did alright out them I said you bloody must have :lol: 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi and welcome

Not the best time to start your new business,  but good luck,  hope is works ok for you

On 5/21/2020 at 8:29 PM, justina3 said:

Best bit of advise from me would be not to listen to every bit of advise you receive. 

:lol: Too true! 

16 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol: Too true! 

my comment clearly struck a chord with lots of people, i wasnt being funny just some of the advise given on here would be a money pit if followed.

Good morning Paul, well come to forum.