Hi Guys, Just to introduce myself..

We are a new small independent Trader in the Midlands. Will be dropping by occasionally to pick your brains.

Hope business is being kind to you all.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

Thanks Guys

Started in November doing ok until the lockdown. Had 6 weeks off but just started buying cheapies 1-2k and managed to move them. I think next year is going to be the test!

Steve

16 minutes ago, S & J Trading said:

Thanks Guys

Started in November doing ok until the lockdown. Had 6 weeks off but just started buying cheapies 1-2k and managed to move them. I think next year is going to be the test!

Steve

Hi and welcome.

Next year will be your best year :)

Welcome, what a bad time to start but at that end of the market there’s always customers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Welcome, what a bad time to start but at that end of the market there’s always customers! 

Think that end of the market will really do well soon honestly I do . Hope you and the good lady amen extended family are all good mark . 

8 hours ago, Casper said:

Think that end of the market will really do well soon honestly I do . Hope you and the good lady amen extended family are all good mark . 

Getting the stock is the problem. Actually, it’s not just the buying, it’s also the preparation & then getting a half-decent margin across them. Plenty at the lower end will manage to buy but their prep levels will be even lower than usual (if that’s possible). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Getting the stock is the problem. Actually, it’s not just the buying, it’s also the preparation & then getting a half-decent margin across them. Plenty at the lower end will manage to buy but their prep levels will be even lower than usual (if that’s possible). 

your 100 percent correct. Mate  buying good cars at that level has always been  difficult as are the margins for prep etc  especially if like most of us here you care about your customers 

although any good trade ins etc always fly out the door we took an old focus in before lockdown 07 plate with 45k miles one owner auto full ford history nice blue metallic had it up at £1695 and could have sold it 10 times over but as you say what's the chances of finding another slim  . 

Edited by Casper

1 hour ago, Casper said:

your 100 percent correct. Mate  buying good cars at that level has always been  difficult as are the margins for prep etc  especially if like most of us here you care about your customers 

although any good trade ins etc always fly out the door we took an old focus in before lockdown 07 plate with 45k miles one owner auto full ford history nice blue metallic had it up at £1695 and could have sold it 10 times over but as you say what's the chances of finding another slim  . 

you should have phoned the police when they drove that away

because they nicked it

:)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

you should have phoned the police when they drove that away

because they nicked it

:)

Lol :lol: gave a grand for it so got wages and saved it taking up a space hope your well 

21 hours ago, Casper said:

Same to you Casper! I’d of had that focus and stuck it up for £2995 though:lol:

17 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Same to you Casper! I’d of had that focus and stuck it up for £2995 though:lol:

Haha cause you have a wedding to pay for 

It's wasn't the cleanest one I've ever seen if I'm honest mechanically sound and well looked after but you know the elderly driver type the odd bumper scuff etc give it a valet and a few touch ups it's didn't need anything for a test apart from a couple of bulbs and the usual bits so was happy to tidy up a bit and get it gone . And the buyer was happy enough with what it was for a cheap run about due to the low mileage and service history was a nice colour though and probably with a bit paint could have been a really nice old thing as my mate and business associate often says it had the potential to make a good car out it 

Edited by Casper

On 5/20/2020 at 7:20 PM, S & J Trading said:

Hi Guys, Just to introduce myself..

We are a new small independent Trader in the Midlands. Will be dropping by occasionally to pick your brains.

Hope business is being kind to you all.

Regards, Steve

Welcome to the Forum Steve, all the best with your new venture.

Ashley

• Like 1