2 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I would expect a longer experience than one hour if I paid €12.49 for it

how much are hookers these days?

Hookers mate you pay a minimum of an hour generally which I find a bit unfair as I only need about 4 minutes on a good day and that includes getting dressed after :lol:

• Haha 1

I've spent a fair few £100k's on hookers and fast cars over the years. The rest, I just wasted.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about Hartley and SOR are you familiar AWC?

yes i know the company , my father traded with tom in the late 70s - 80s,the traders around the midlands in those days would all congregate at the old measham auction, i would get dragged up there as a teenager loved it, you could roll up in a lumpy trade car and drive straight in and park up next to the main hall in those days, much trading was done in the car park, tom was a good buyer of range rover, merc 's especially TE wagons, and anything rolls royce, for lumpy cars it would be measham tuesday's and northampton on a thursday, some trader at northampton would do a collection with his hat - sign a £20 quid note and they would have a draw for the pot, proper arthur daily stuff...

iv'e bought a few swappers off them in recent years through autotrademail when it was in its prime 2004-2010, his sales manager was a nice fella, tom will probably say different but thats understandable as he left and set up a similar company up the road with one of toms customers, they are - kaaimans international, nottingham.

rory - not sure about SOR, its not toms style and that industry is currently in chaos due too a few high players going under owing multi millions to customers, , one of the reasons why tom jnr went his own way, the high end clients expect brokerage sor and zero exposure, 

going back to the tom senior interview - the record price for a car that he touched on, that was sold through tom jnr, the car being the ex 1937 mercedes w125 gp car - ex bernie ecclestone who is one of juniors customers, the same place that juniors recent gp cars came from, ex lauda ferrari, and the ex james h.unt mac m23

• Like 1

Richard Branston?  King of Pickle

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Casper said:

Let us know if it any good . Will pass an hour for you 

4 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I would expect a longer experience than one hour if I paid €12.49 for it

how much are hookers these days?

Ill wait to one gets listed on eBay theres one coming soon  :lol:

Edit just looked its cheaper to buy it new ..

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Hookers mate you pay a minimum of an hour generally which I find a bit unfair as I only need about 4 minutes on a good day and that includes getting dressed after :lol:

:lol:

Edited by Casper

On 5/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, Paul C said:

I suspect they try to "vet" their potential customers to save time, so those with £70k budget looking at £80k cars are going to be somewhat frustrated.

Some of his answers to James' questions were incredible too!

I sense James has a soft spot for supercars (which is great). Personally for me, these kinds of dealers and interviews are good entertainment but somewhat irrelevant to day-to-day life.

Suggest me some others - always looking for interviewees

3 hours ago, James Baggott said:

Trade Vet! Tradex. 

Chris from flipping cars there a few others a few motor related you-tubers etc who would be an interesting watch and deffo trade vet 

4 hours ago, James Baggott said:

Well trevor finn of course:lol:

Look up his current business and then look at Tom Hartleys

(Clue, derby :ph34r: ) then the chat with the new new man in town :rolleyes: could be very interesting ;)

16 hours ago, James Baggott said:

At the polar opposite end of the market, Dodgy Duncan would have made for a brilliant interview! A very affable Irishman who was the master of yarns. He's been retired for some 15 years now but memories of DD linger on. A right craic!

Dodgy Duncan.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Chopper said:

At the polar opposite end of the market, Dodgy Duncan would have made for a brilliant interview! A very affable Irishman who was the master of yarns. He's been retired for some 15 years now but memories of DD linger on. A right craic!

Dodgy Duncan.jpg

love it

you say hes retired but his old property is selling mobility scooters, maybe he still has a finger in the pie?

• Like 1

Something from the low end of the market - eBay and Facebook seller - would be very interesting at this time. The combination already-established remote selling and <£2000 price cars are both factors which will see an increase in demand in these current times, it would be interesting to hear how they deal with the issues etc. But a good one, someone who's been doing it for a number of years.

The one that sticks in my mind I really enjoyed was when Rebecca interviewed Jamie Caple (Car Quay). He is a character, but also he's down to earth and relates strongly to car dealers. The big bosses of the big groups, inevitably, are a little "detached" from the front line so whilst they offer insight, its a different kind of information than eg a dealer who spends a lot of time interacting with the general public.

Tom on form today on twitter, "if your not in the leisure industry and not back at work today your'e a lazy b..stad", must be wonderful being on his pay roll....

• Like 1