Where would I find the link for this please. 

That is the best yet.What a character,makes the other interviewees look like amateurs,works round the clock,doesn’t sleep much,these type of guys are very brave and they have rhino skin.What impressed me is that he does all that and he is off 5. !

• Haha 1

Excellent interview. A very dedicated man. Im feeling a little more positive about the future trading now!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trade vet said:

That is the best yet.What a character,makes the other interviewees look like amateurs,works round the clock,doesn’t sleep much,these type of guys are very brave and they have rhino skin.What impressed me is that he does all that and he is off 5. !

Off 5 you say. Think I'll have to break my cherry and give this a listen.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Full of himself :blink:

Is he or is he at the front of the pack for what he does and has done for many years ?

• Like 1

Ordered the book but anyone seen there online reviews? Surprisingly awful

54 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

You waiting to next week to order The Bugatti Mark :lol: lol 

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

I suspect they try to "vet" their potential customers to save time, so those with £70k budget looking at £80k cars are going to be somewhat frustrated.

Some of his answers to James' questions were incredible too!

I sense James has a soft spot for supercars (which is great). Personally for me, these kinds of dealers and interviews are good entertainment but somewhat irrelevant to day-to-day life.

11 hours ago, Billy Joe Public said:

Thank you

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Is he or is he at the front of the pack for what he does and has done for many years ?

Hes done well, but I dont like his persona. His reviews agree. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Hes done well, but I dont like his persona. His reviews agree. 

Perhaps true but he obviously doesn’t give a toss about reviews & why should he?

Buyers buy. Simple. Only arseholes with too much time on their hands & sellers pathetically obsessed with social media who don’t know any better take any real notice of reviews.

• Haha 1

As great as the success story was he was obviously extremely fortunate to have grown up with a wealthy family which I’m sure would have been a massive help for start up capital, but I’ll reserve all my opinions till I have read the book.

10 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

As great as the success story was he was obviously extremely fortunate to have grown up with a wealthy family which I’m sure would have been a massive help for start up capital, but I’ll reserve all my opinions till I have read the book.

I don’t think he was from a wealthy family.I will get the book,but the kindle edition is a tenner at the moment,so being tight I will wait for it to drop.

I have just read an interview he gave to autocar magazine.....

It’s interesting to discover that among Hartley’s business heroes are Philip Green and Mike Ashley (of BHS and Sports Direct respectively) and that he considers Donald Trump a genius.

Speaks volumes.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/britains-most-controversial-car-dealer-tom-hartley-selling-supercars

Edited by beenaroundtheblock

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I don’t think he was from a wealthy family.I will get the book,but the kindle edition is a tenner at the moment,so being tight I will wait for it to drop.

He was a Gypsy wasn't he who started out in Glasgow?   

Owns a lot of park home sites aswell which are good money as far as I know.

39 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

He was a Gypsy wasn't he who started out in Glasgow?   

I think he said he is prepared to blow a 7 figure sum on his present stock when the virus is over ! 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Basically a licence to print money.

He's a grafter, good luck to him I say.

7 hours ago, trade vet said:

I just got that impression when he was talking about selling a range rover at 12, I know he said it was a friend of his family but when I was wee my friends families had old Renault scenics:D

Glaswegian schoolboys must of got good pocket money, my parents couldn’t afford a Range Rover in 1971. 

28 minutes ago, BHM said:

Glaswegian schoolboys must of got good pocket money, my parents couldn’t afford a Range Rover in 1971. 

I think a Range Rover then cost about 2 grand.I think he said he started in Glasgow auctions.If you could be successfull as a teenager using Glasgow Meat Market car auctions,he was going to be a star player.It was unbelievable.

• Like 1