Wheelerdealer1

Trader pretending to be private seller, but where is the stock from ? (Pics inc)

4 hours ago, BHM said:

By my calculation the next post here should be in July 2023.

fiat stilo, post probably still active, just coming up to 1000 days in stock:D

53 minutes ago, tradex said:

Your friend is misinformed, at least for states I'm familiar with.

......traders have to jump thru hoops, very litigious society remember, but in fairness the courts use a lot more common sense.

Sell a dangerous car, you will suffer, sell a 10 year old car good at point of sale and the box drops out 2 weeks on, then 'risk and reward' come into play. 

Oh...I'd almost rather jump through hoops and have common sense used in court.

Facebook is a weird one for me. It auto feeds from CD5 but I no longer respond to the millions of questions offering 50% of asking price. Instead, those interested call me.

That said, I answer the calls and all they say is "I am interested in your car." When I say which one, they seem taken back and don't realise I am trade, so perhaps it doesn't clearly show a difference between trade and private?

21 hours ago, tradex said:

Your friend is misinformed, at least for states I'm familiar with.

......traders have to jump thru hoops, very litigious society remember, but in fairness the courts use a lot more common sense.

Sell a dangerous car, you will suffer, sell a 10 year old car good at point of sale and the box drops out 2 weeks on, then 'risk and reward' come into play. 

Don't they have to buy licence to trade and lodge a 'substantial deposit'. There local government are way stricter than ours and more proactive, even in small towns. They are all 'dobbing' each other in too! "The land of the free and the home of the brave" my arse

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Facebook is a weird one for me. It auto feeds from CD5 but I no longer respond to the millions of questions offering 50% of asking price. Instead, those interested call me.

That said, I answer the calls and all they say is "I am interested in your car." When I say which one, they seem taken back and don't realise I am trade, so perhaps it doesn't clearly show a difference between trade and private?

Mark, I stopped the CD5 autofeed almost immediately because it simply didn't work, but continued manually. I've sold quite a few through FB now, but the general quality is very low. The pre-set, lazy question "is it still available" annoys the frig out of me BTW...

31 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mark, I stopped the CD5 autofeed almost immediately because it simply didn't work, but continued manually. I've sold quite a few through FB now, but the general quality is very low. The pre-set, lazy question "is it still available" annoys the frig out of me BTW...

I agree completely. The quality of leads is very poor but they do work occasionally do work and decent sales come of it.

I think Facebook massively depends on how you use it and your stock profile.

Over 50% of our sales this month have come from Facebook..

But you do get a lot of time wasters amongst them

2 hours ago, RJEauto said:

I think Facebook massively depends on how you use it and your stock profile.

Over 50% of our sales this month have come from Facebook..

But you do get a lot of time wasters amongst them

50% you’re doing very well!

I wanted to hate Bookface, and resisted it for a long time. 
It does produce sales, but it’s a slow burner & takes a while to build it. I don’t think the quality of punters/questions is any worse than from elsewhere. In fact, I think they trust you more. 

(Rory has 12 thousand followers or something heroic, so I guess that takes a long time? We have a 1500 ish, so a way to go yet.) 

The difficultly for me being SO anti-social in general, is bringing myself to come up with content to keep the interest. And finding interesting content to post is a challenge. 

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

The difficultly for me being SO anti-social in general, is bringing myself to come up with content to keep the interest. 

Try posting pictures of your dinner or a lass’s mingepiece. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BHM said:

Try posting pictures of your dinner or a lass’s mingepiece. 

Or that your on a round the world cruise . And by the way your neighbours at the two sides are with you leaving the houses empty for the local burglars lol ..

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

The pre-set, lazy question "is it still available" annoys the frig out of me BTW...

Me Too :angry: 

My answer is usually " why would I pay to advertise it if its not here " 

13 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

50% you’re doing very well!

I wanted to hate Bookface, and resisted it for a long time. 
It does produce sales, but it’s a slow burner & takes a while to build it. I don’t think the quality of punters/questions is any worse than from elsewhere. In fact, I think they trust you more. 

(Rory has 12 thousand followers or something heroic, so I guess that takes a long time? We have a 1500 ish, so a way to go yet.) 

The difficultly for me being SO anti-social in general, is bringing myself to come up with content to keep the interest. And finding interesting content to post is a challenge. 

Thanks NOA.

We have a small audience on our page (1800ish) but do well out of our sponsored posts. 

We do best with Facebook with our lower value stock, although that could come down to area etc