Sign in to follow this  
JDM1983

Building Facebook Following

For those of you into social media, and Facebook particularly, how do you grow your following on there (get page likes)? I see dealers on there with 1,000’s of likes, but just can’t see how you build that in any reasonable timeframe.

It isn’t amassed quickly, I don’t think it would be easy if you sell normal run of the mill stuff Either. We post either nice stock or funny things.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t have a clue but I’m told by someone who does it that it’s almost a full time job posting ‘things’ (whatever that means), organising regular draws (sounds like the raffle at a church fete) to get his posts passed around and also interacting with the general public (fine if you like that sort of thing). 

I get the impression it can yield results but only on nice stock - for bread n butter stock you’ll probably just be laying on entertainment for watchers & likers - not buyers. 

It probably depends on how enthusiastic you are engaging with Joe Public & whether or not you like social media.

You can buy Facebook likes from Asia etc, the same with Twitter followers etc. So if you see someone jump up in a short space of time that is probably how they are doing it 

Rome wasnt built in a day as they say, and bread and butter does sell on there you have a fair amount of dreamers the block button is great with dealing for those type of customers, study your demographics well create an add that reaches the customers pointless just letting it go for 100,s of miles if its a billy basic fiesta people wont travel that far so set your distance wisely. 

As with all forms of advertising its a trial and see and fine tune what works for you.

My page has almost 2000 organic likes with little page activity and I haven't bought any. What grew the numbers fastest was boosted (paid) posts with nice photos of supercars and some sort of a game, question etc to engage viewers and make them tag other people. Like a close up post of a Lamborghini wheel asking them to guess what car this is etc... Targeting your boost to a specific area gives you more valuable local likes. Hard work. 

12 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

My page has almost 2000 organic likes with little page activity and I haven't bought any. What grew the numbers fastest was boosted (paid) posts with nice photos of supercars and some sort of a game, question etc to engage viewers and make them tag other people. Like a close up post of a Lamborghini wheel asking them to guess what car this is etc... Targeting your boost to a specific area gives you more valuable local likes. Hard work. 

I have been on facebook for like 3 weeks now and I've got a badge apparently 

it's a bit like TripAdvisor I guess I used to report on there purely to help fellow travellers but I soon got bored of their constant emails to report where I went last week

maybe it's just me?

Edited by New year revolutions......