Sign in to follow this  
OneCarefulOwner

BCA no V5 due to DOCUSAFE being shut??

HI all bought a few BCA cars from various locations last few weeks, one of the few that are still selling cars and allowing collections. 

My question is description says V5 present but we have found many missing not ticked on envelope only to be TOLD docusafe have been shut and they hold them all for the whole group.  BCA are pretty unhelpful once the car has left the building it seems. BCA users is there a way of accessing docusafe saved files?  I did get sent one scanned V5 for a jag we bought but the rest I guess NO CHANCE?

any light would be great :D, being an online seller we have had a few cars sell fast to NHS workers and armed forces. but no V5 is causing issues. 

Cheers all & stay safe 

how many Russian hackers do you know on the onion?

with regards dvla Mary who does the v62 applications is on furlough but I guess you know that?

the answer that I've told myself so far is unless I want to be bothered with buying them and parking them up once the revolution is over then unless you are knicking them or expect the market to go skywards what's the point in lifting your left leg whooping like a banshee and organising deliveries of unsaleable very large paper weights?

well done by the way of finding a way to sell legally and safely

• Like 1

I just don’t know how anyone is selling, even online. I haven’t had a call since lockdown and I wouldn’t want to buy. I have a lovely tan though and 14 unsold cars. 
I usually deal with the MD and auctions but this is near impossible

• Like 1

I had a load of V5s to follow from BCA. Manchester,Measham and Nottingham have been available on phone and email and have now forwarded on all the missing books. Blackbushe are the only ones that haven't been on the ball. I still expect them to send them on eventually but I've re-applied just in case. 

• Like 1

If they are sold and you need to tax why not V62 at a post office.  I know it’s not great for the buyer not seeing a V5 but is a solution (as long as they have passed to trade).

20 minutes ago, Contracts said:

If they are sold and you need to tax why not V62 at a post office.  I know it’s not great for the buyer not seeing a V5 but is a solution (as long as they have passed to trade).

problem being how do you know they are in trade unless you go to post office and try to tax then abort 

are dvla answering calls or web chat at this time?

Don't ask me why but we are selling, I'm not personally buying from BCA my boss is but i get to safely organise collections and then take the grief for missing V5's or to follow / to be confirmed. 

New to BCA just had the idea maybe docusafe would be available without trawling through emails and phone calls to no avail. as for sun tan also coming on very nicely along with bike and running legs strength. 

Might just stick to the easy life #CovidLife 

On 5/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

problem being how do you know they are in trade unless you go to post office and try to tax then abort 

are dvla answering calls or web chat at this time?

Check the vehicle status online and it should show as untaxed. 

10 hours ago, Contracts said:

Check the vehicle status online and it should show as untaxed. 

hi

this is often wrong though 

I had a case with dvla before lockdown where they wouldn't tell me due to gdpr ,I think I might have mentioned it on here where I kicked all the toys out of the pram and told them they are still accountable to the great unwashed

I got my result  but my cards probably marked 

• Like 1

I've washed my hands with the whole system,  getting BCA to reply to an simple email is hard work. I'm amazed how good there prices are but I guess they have so much stock and debt they need to shift it fast. 

Collections have been easier than getting a V5 :-) 

Case closed bored with BCA already 

11 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

hi

this is often wrong though 

I had a case with dvla before lockdown where they wouldn't tell me due to gdpr ,I think I might have mentioned it on here where I kicked all the toys out of the pram and told them they are still accountable to the great unwashed

I got my result  but my cards probably marked 

Its realtime....

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.204624984.937146301.1574888656-442130928.1574888656

16 minutes ago, Contracts said:

you can only take out what is put in,

ie

if the log book was not put into trade

Swansea will still be showing the details pre p/x

trust me that site is only as good as mandy in the back office

:)