Nevillec

Anyone buying much online?

Have been watching Aston Barclay online auctions.   They had a motobility sale yesterday,  prices  seemed  well below  cap clean,  on average about £1500 below, some more.

They appeared to sell about 80% of the vehcles on offer  ?

Bca just seem to be moving there stock around nothing fresh arrived, never bought from Aston opened an account tried to get prices of fees and delivery and was told I had to buy ten cars before they told me the price I was going to pay.......hmm maybe not 

And watching bca this morning seems some dealers 50k is burning holes in there pockets 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, justina3 said:

And watching bca this morning seems some dealers 50k is burning holes in there pockets 

With the government telling everyone to go back to work but not to use public transport you’d think there would be an opportunity to sell some cars? But looks like walking/e-bikes are the preferred options? Or at least round these parts? 

I've been on a few auctions some stuff is cheap but then I've seen grade 1 stuff doing book or more.

2 hours ago, Nevillec said:

Have been watching Aston Barclay online auctions.   They had a motobility sale yesterday,  prices  seemed  well below  cap clean,  on average about £1500 below, some more.

They appeared to sell about 80% of the vehcles on offer  ?

Aston Barclay are the only auction thats had some reasonable stock for sale and as you say its been selling well under cap which is where it should be.

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Bca just seem to be moving there stock around nothing fresh arrived, never bought from Aston opened an account tried to get prices of fees and delivery and was told I had to buy ten cars before they told me the price I was going to pay.......hmm maybe not 

BCA are doing a spring clean of there yards and trying to get rid of grade 3/4 stock. The couple of sales they have had with fresh stuff that I would be interested in buying they are still trying to get close to cap clean. Cap needs to bite the bullet and slash their values because the market is waiting for them.

Suprised you had trouble with Aston Barclay, I've always found them good to deal with, maybe try them again. For the record I have a BCA platinum account and only buy about one a month off Aston Barclay and Aston Barclays fees are slightly cheaper than BCA.

46 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

Aston Barclay are the only auction thats had some reasonable stock for sale and as you say its been selling well under cap which is where it should be.

BCA are doing a spring clean of there yards and trying to get rid of grade 3/4 stock. The couple of sales they have had with fresh stuff that I would be interested in buying they are still trying to get close to cap clean. Cap needs to bite the bullet and slash their values because the market is waiting for them.

Suprised you had trouble with Aston Barclay, I've always found them good to deal with, maybe try them again. For the record I have a BCA platinum account and only buy about one a month off Aston Barclay and Aston Barclays fees are slightly cheaper than BCA.

Thank you that’s very helpful 

Bca has seamed pricey to me considering the current situation. Although I’m not sure how many are actually “selling” as I’ve seen a few coming back through over and over again. 

Aston Buckley never replied to my request for charges so I've never been seen or used them

We’ve bought everything online this month about 20 units or so, some great some bad but it’s just a gamble with BCA, I don’t like Mannheim as an auction but there grading system and reports are much better!

3 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

We’ve bought everything online this month about 20 units or so, some great some bad but it’s just a gamble with BCA, I don’t like Mannheim as an auction but there grading system and reports are much better!

Funny that I feel the same about manhiem bca just seems to be an easier place to buy from. 

manhiem needs an app to match bca. 

31 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Funny that I feel the same about manhiem bca just seems to be an easier place to buy from. 

manhiem needs an app to match bca. 

I was collecting 3 from manheim today and was discussing this with the branch manager. We both agreed their site is fine on a laptop or desktop pc but woeful from a tablet or mobile. If they had a decent app I think I would use them a lot more as they are closer to me than any BCA sites.

Im not a fan of manheim either now buy from them sometimes but no where near as much as we did a couple of years ago .  

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Im not a fan of manheim either now buy from them sometimes but no where near as much as we did a couple of years ago .  

BCA make it far too easy to get drunk and buy cars :D 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Totally agree, odd manhiem doesnt try and duplicate there clear success with there on line buying app

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

14 hours ago, justina3 said:

Totally agree, odd manhiem doesnt try and duplicate there clear success with there on line buying app

Lucky i don't drink much lol just the odd pint at funerals and weddings or the odd time on holiday or Christmas or new year 

i do a bet of betting on the lottery's and that so do have some bad habits though lol