Nevillec

When will auctions reopen?

They can only reopen if the can adhere to the rules. I still can’t see how they can with so many people in a small space. They won’t want to limit numbers as it may lose buyers.

Only option I can see is they limit it to the account holder only. No private buyers and no bringing your mate or your cousins. 

21 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

They can only reopen if the can adhere to the rules. I still can’t see how they can with so many people in a small space. They won’t want to limit numbers as it may lose buyers.

Only option I can see is they limit it to the account holder only. No private buyers and no bringing your mate or your cousins. 

• All businesses have to limit customers from the local paper shop to IKEA, it's the new world we will have to get used to unfortunately :(
5 hours ago, Row said:

But are they retail?

Well anyone can walk in and buy so yes?

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Think it could be a while many auctions probably don't know there self heard from the owner of a large local building company thats he's unsure as it keeps changing he has.been given dates twice . so i guess it will be the the same for auctions and larger dealer groups 

Well the new guidance is quite clear and comprehensive, as was the old, who can open, when they can open, and how to run a business that complies with the regulations, if he does not know this or studied the latest guidance should he be running the company?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:
  • All businesses have to limit customers from the local paper shop to IKEA, it's the new world we will have to get used to unfortunately :(

Well anyone can walk in and buy so yes?

Well the new guidance is quite clear and comprehensive, as was the old, who can open, when they can open, and how to run a business that complies with the regulations, if he does not know this or studied the latest guidance should he be running the company?

I think what has happened was not just with that company but as with many companies up here they had geared the staff to the return when boris had lifted some of restrictions but only for up here Nicola to said we had to remain in lockdown  . Well reading between the lines its all i can think of . 

On a slightly different note I noticed at the local asda tonight they were just letting everyone in to do there thing the social distance and queuing to get in wasn't happening this surely cant be treated as  part -time when they have available staff etc  or simply cant be bothered or it not just never going to work .

its only as good as the people running the show most of the local paper shops and smaller shops only  have a sign up here saying adhere to social distancing please with only 1 having the floors etc marked out 

the problem we have is many people don't know how to use common sense in the isles in asda tesco etc are clearly marked by mainly not policed so people do what the what they want and think it its ok to invade space and just have a free for all which in turn causes arguments due to no consideration 

so as for auctions workplace etc theres always going to be the minority who wont comply and it got to be policed by members of staff etc then we are going to see the people who get less and less compliant and making excuses up which will cause problems 

as have a word with the wife says this is going to be our new world for some time now .     

Buy not only do we have to social distance etc we have to also work with the additions that come with it .

Edited by Casper

6 hours ago, Casper said:

On a slightly different note I noticed at the local asda tonight they were just letting everyone in to do there thing the social distance and queuing to get in wasn't happening

Our local Asda, and all other shops, are rigidly policing the numbers shopping. At the local Asda they've erected barriers for queueing, you're instructed to sanitise your hands on entry (hahaha) and anyone caught not following the arrows is given 50 lashes with the cat o' nine tails. I believe they've also applied for planning permission for a gun turret so any transgressors of 2mtr distancing will be shot without warning.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BHM said:

Our local Asda, and all other shops, are rigidly policing the numbers shopping. At the local Asda they've erected barriers for queueing, you're instructed to sanitise your hands on entry (hahaha) and anyone caught not following the arrows is given 50 lashes with the cat o' nine tails. I believe they've also applied for planning permission for a gun turret so any transgressors of 2mtr distancing will be shot without warning.

Told you, it's a new world :lol:

aldi has got traffic lights !

red, no entry

amber get the wheels spinning on your trolley,

green go !:wacko:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Told you, it's a new world :lol:

aldi has got traffic lights !

red, no entry

amber get the wheels spinning on your trolley,

green go !:wacko:

Your Aldi must be better at enforcing the rules. My Aldi is like a moshpit at an Iron Maiden gig !

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how the auctions enforce any/many rules if they allow anyone in bearing in mind most of them still haven't managed to prevent people smoking.

• Like 2