Nevillec

When will auctions reopen?

9 minutes ago, craigpughcars said:

I know it's a change of subject from the auctions , noticed a few hand carwash buinesses are operating with one claiming to had approval to do so from trading standards and even selling cars from the forcourt which they've been doing for a few weeks now 

Mate, if fucking B&Q can open so can we.

The only reason I'm not is I'm waiting on the auctions

2 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Fair point that , it's a shame they can't provide us all with a clear playing field of whats essential and whats not , to some a vehicle is essential to get to their essential job and to other having a clean vehicle is essential for their essential work , personally I think Boris needs a barber :D

44 minutes ago, craigpughcars said:

I know it's a change of subject from the auctions , noticed a few hand carwash buinesses are operating with one claiming to had approval to do so from trading standards and even selling cars from the forcourt which they've been doing for a few weeks now 

car washes cannot be open unless part of a petrol station

36 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

see video this afternoon re wessex garage and trading standards

All of the local Polish/Russian/Alanian car washes are back open today I notice. 

26 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

any link to the video?

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

It's all very reasuring to tell us that car washes can't open, but they are.

Sytner Auction is selling again.

They are allowing collections. 

Are you going to tell us that they shouldn't be?

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

The car wash near me has just opened, he says he has had an email from the council saying he can but no valleting and no opening the doors to do the door jorms!

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

It's all very reasuring to tell us that car washes can't open, but they are.

Sytner Auction is selling again.

They are allowing collections. 

Are you going to tell us that they shouldn't be?

So what did trading standards says when you reported the car washes ? as you are obviously concerned :huh: ?

3 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

So what did trading standards says when you reported the car washes ? as you are obviously concerned :huh: ?

I've just read what I posted and I can't see where I said I was concerned. 

I'm sure you can enlighten me.

The car washes can do what they want, it's up to them.

If you want to act like the Daily Mail sitting on here all day saying who should be doing what, you carry on.

Personally, I am going out and keeping fit, so my immune system is ready to fight off the 'deadly' virus.

I'm not sure what powers you think Trading Standards have? 

It will be interesting to see if anyone gets prosecuted for 'illegal' trading while they are meant to be closed.

My local garden centre never closed, perhaps the owner will get a 5 stretch when he goes to court?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Motore said:

No idea who they are i tried to register to have a looksie and was told i didnt fit there dealer profile so still have no idea.

Or any idea what profile / dealer there looking for what ever it was it wasnt me :lol:

Edited by justina3

9 hours ago, justina3 said:

No idea who they are i tried to register to have a looksie and was told i didnt fit there dealer profile so still have no idea.

Or any idea what profile / dealer there looking for what ever it was it wasnt me :lol:

I wouldn't bother, the business model is based on consumers having their car valued online and then listing it in an online auction in front of a claimed 2500 dealer audience (2500 is utter bull).

so basically it's a bun fight for a car that motorway have not seen, and has been appraised by the customer - yeh good look with that one, 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

I wouldn't bother, the business model is based on consumers having their car valued online and then listing it in an online auction in front of a claimed 2500 dealer audience (2500 is utter bull).

so basically it's a bun fight for a car that motorway have not seen, and has been appraised by the customer - yeh good look with that one, 

Laughable that isn't it 

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

Laughable that isn't it 

I could say it's just another well funded e-commerce parasite company trading out of an office who think an established industry need this, but i won't in case i get told off by james:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, awc1000 said:

I could say it's just another well funded e-commerce parasite company trading out of an office who think an established industry need this, but i won't in case i get told off by james:ph34r:

How can the public appraise a car when many so called professionals cant you only need to look at some of the auctions reports to see that this is the case .

Edited by Casper

3 hours ago, awc1000 said:

:lol:  Straight from the horses mouth; Motorway are not just the fastest way to a great deal but also the safest too. I’m glad they also didn’t miss a trick & climbed straight onto the Covid19 bandwagon and keeping everyone safe and compliant with govt regulations. 

I’d love to see some of these govt regulation compliant deliveries take place. It’s similar bollocks being spouted as the supermarkets being the safest places on Earth & they’re selfless continuing of trading in adverse conditions. Is anyone taken in by this bullshit?

Have an account with them.  Have seen a couple of cars in the past that would have liked but not managed to buy from them as outbid on one last minute and the other the seller changed their mind prior to purchase.

Used Tootle but they disappeared.  Probably because both times they never invoices for the introductions 

As far as I remember about half the cars on cartotrade was motorway stock being offered by some dealer. One of the reasons why I didn't renew my subscription, I don't trust the general public and I certainly don't trust their ability to self appraise a used car.

Auctions are going to struggle to re open in the way they used to operate. Its not going to be feasible to drive hundreds of cars through a hall for example.

Some of the Manheim Mercedes sales and BCA BMW sales(Bruntingthorpe and Brighouse ?) leave the cars in the halls unlocked. If they can do that and make the sales registered/invited dealers only then that will work for me. Not sure how they are going the run the old and out of warranty stock though. They will definitely have to up the inspection game, some kid walking around dirty cars doing an ipad appraisal is just not going to get the job done. 

10 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

As far as I remember about half the cars on cartotrade was motorway stock being offered by some dealer. One of the reasons why I didn't renew my subscription, I don't trust the general public and I certainly don't trust their ability to self appraise a used car.

Auctions are going to struggle to re open in the way they used to operate. Its not going to be feasible to drive hundreds of cars through a hall for example.

Some of the Manheim Mercedes sales and BCA BMW sales(Bruntingthorpe and Brighouse ?) leave the cars in the halls unlocked. If they can do that and make the sales registered/invited dealers only then that will work for me. Not sure how they are going the run the old and out of warranty stock though. They will definitely have to up the inspection game, some kid walking around dirty cars doing an ipad appraisal is just not going to get the job done. 

Exclusivity for certain buyers online i think will be unlikely, the vendors are watching closely and will be in no mood for cars coming up £short due to a limited audience, some vendors are already looking to dispose of stock elsewhere and the auctions know that achieving the expected returns for vendors in the next few months is crucial , so expect the likes of bca and manheim to drop their guard and allow jo-po to buy online too, they are well aware that the multi vendor crap is reliant on a certain customer so a change in rules is inevitable.

As for actually being at an auction, don't be surprised if certain group / supermarket buyers get an invite to attend pre-sale to inspect stock and leave bids, the ones that hoover up in volume the better stuff at the better sales.

• Like 1

Auctions are open 15th June, with all the obvious restrictions, discouraging touching stock (no bonnet lifting no door opening ?) Amount of people allowed in dependant on floor space minus the floor space a vehicle takes up, no doubt the cafe will be takeaway only, marshalls to stop rule breaking and control in/out customers, so have fun balancing a pot of tea in one hand keeping 2 metres from jo public, not being allowed to look under bonnet but there is one good thing with the distancing, you can see who is bidding against you ? That's if you can get in to begin with "SORRY MATE WE ARE FULL" :lol:

10 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Auctions are open 15th June, with all the obvious restrictions, discouraging touching stock (no bonnet lifting no door opening ?) Amount of people allowed in dependant on floor space minus the floor space a vehicle takes up, no doubt the cafe will be takeaway only, marshalls to stop rule breaking and control in/out customers, so have fun balancing a pot of tea in one hand keeping 2 metres from jo public, not being allowed to look under bonnet but there is one good thing with the distancing, you can see who is bidding against you ? That's if you can get in to begin with "SORRY MATE WE ARE FULL" :lol:

Where have you seen this ? I dont see any notice of physical opening coming from the big auction groups.

All retail that isn't currently open (or will be on June 1st), can do so June 15th onwards. I guess its up to the individual auction houses if they don't re-open though.

24 minutes ago, Paul C said:

All retail that isn't currently open (or will be on June 1st), can do so June 15th onwards. I guess its up to the individual auction houses if they don't re-open though.

But are they retail?

Think it could be a while many auctions probably don't know there self heard from the owner of a large local building company thats he's unsure as it keeps changing he has.been given dates twice . so i guess it will be the the same for auctions and larger dealer groups