Sign in to follow this  
Bmx Bandits

A sign of things to come?

Today, I’ve found the phone has been much busier with enquiries than its been in the last week or so.

But what I found was more significant, was that I had two old customers asking “Do you buy cars?”

I didn’t go into detail, but both customers where needing to sell their cars for financial reasons.

Just wondered if people were experiencing similar and if so what’s it going to be like when we actually re-open?

• Like 1

i have noticed on my "daily exercise" where the old peoples bungalows are, the majority have not been moved / washed in at least 2 month, so yes i can see this coming, so if anyone goes out to buy them take a footpump, a jump pack and a hammer ...........

• Like 2

I had a similar call last week,  but from a  van customer,  he bought a Mercedes Sprinter from us, about 6 months ago,  he  does  rubbish/ garden  clearance,   but has not had any business for 7 weeks.

• Like 1

Won’t of helped with WBAC etc being closed. I’d imagine they’ll begin to reopen soon though as social distancing will be easy enough for them.

3 hours ago, Nevillec said:

I had a similar call last week,  but from a  van customer,  he bought a Mercedes Sprinter from us, about 6 months ago,  he  does  rubbish/ garden  clearance,   but has not had any business for 7 weeks.

Some trades must be really hurting by now. Do you think van sales will be as badly hit as car sales post lockdown? 

3 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Won’t of helped with WBAC etc being closed. I’d imagine they’ll begin to reopen soon though as social distancing will be easy enough for them.

Forgot about them being closed, I’m sure they will be back soon and hitting people properly hard!

3 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

well if they phone and they want a kicking why not,you could probably even leave it up their drive as free parking for the next 4 weeks if you wanted

win win chicken dinner

The question is how hard to kick them? Its hard when you know them and some are going to be in proper trouble.

Have got a few lumpy sports cars coming in SOR including a 69 plate Bentley.  

As for commercials, we are down a bit on renewals but it was heading this way before C19.  This is partly due to the list prices of new vans increasing so much in the last 12 months

Certainly got very busy my end. 4 since Saturday which is what I expect to do prior to C 19

On 5/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, Bmx Bandits said:

Some trades must be really hurting by now. Do you think van sales will be as badly hit as car sales post lockdown? 

Forgot about them being closed, I’m sure they will be back soon and hitting people properly hard!

The question is how hard to kick them? Its hard when you know them and some are going to be in proper trouble.

Plead poverty, tell them the cheque book is closed, perhaps offer sale or return if you need the stock and ,If you are on good terms with your customer(s), get a 'third party' involved who can make them a low ball offer without the wrath of the customer directed at you. Just be careful how you mark the car up on site if he's local.

• Like 1