XDR

BCA BUY IT NOW

Good Afternoon All,

Firstly I hope you are all keeping well? And hope business / enquiries are up? 

I can’t help but notice, there’s a large amount of “Multivendor Online Only” cars.

Just as we went into lock down, these cars Were entered with actual vendor names  / AA reports with them, and now they don’t. Instead have comeback for sale as multi vendor.

I’d have a guess at saying some people got tempted with the price, and got their pants pulled down upon seeing / hearing the car? 

for example: LX64 ETR & LB15 EKO

There’s some bargains to be had, but things like this make me approach it with caution.

Edited by XDR

1 minute ago, XDR said:

Good Afternoon All,

Firstly I hope you are all keeping well? And hope business / enquiries are up? 

I can’t help but notice, there’s a large amount of “Multivendor Online Only” cars.

Just as we went into lock down, these cars actually had actually vendors / AA reports with them, and now they don’t. Instead have come back on as multi vendor.

I’d have a guess at saying some people got tempted with the price, and got their pants pulled down upon seeing / hearing the car? 

for example: LX64 ETR & LB15 EKO

There’s some bargains to be had, but things like this make me approach it with caution.

If you have big enough pockets or balls to buy a merc auto with no report at all crack on, he who dares rodney and all that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justina3 said:

If you have big enough pockets or balls to buy a merc auto with no report at all crack on, he who dares rodney and all that.

Me personally? Definitely not! - But the question does arise to, do you think that others may have?

Call me old fashioned, but I’d rather see & hear the cars in person, before parting with my money.

From past experience when buying online, the Assured report / grading doesn’t mean jack sh*t.

• Like 1

Some cars have suddenly popped up on Manheim's site with buy-it-now and they seem to be scheduling auctions into the calendar again so something happening there despite them being "closed".

As far as I can work out all the cars with buy-it-nows are left overs from the last few physical auctions which couldn't get bids or in a couple of cases I know couldn't even make it through the ring.

In fairness, the first car does is £4K under book and clearly says EML light so you know you are buying a fixer upper. A CLA with a pan roof wouldl usually do over book.

Thee second car has an AA report but looks a shitter with a load of fault codes. I would expect to buy a 640GC for about £1500 under book all day and thats grade1/2 off BMW so theres no hope for that car.

Auctions are still open for collection anyway so send in your own people and dont take cars off site unless you are happy with them.

I noticed this to, I was watching a car that sold then went back on as multi vendor. 

I’d imagine your bang on, buyers have been stung by buying an online risk and trying to claw their money back. 

Something I’ve noticed at BCA and try to watch is cars going through in dealer groups with a report that’s basically telling you it's knackered on week 1, then going through on week 2 with no report.

I put one through the blocks with BCA days before lockdown and it didn’t make reserve, it’s not on the ‘online only’ multi vendor listings so I called to ask why and had it sold. They told me that they don’t do online only for ‘private sellers’, I’m a platinum card holder so wonder who else’s do they list? Dealer groups listing in multi vendor?

Edited by J.B

11 minutes ago, J.B said:

Something I’ve noticed at BCA and try to watch is cars going through in dealer groups with a report that’s basically telling you it's knackered on week 1, then going through on week 2 with no report.

I put one through the blocks with BCA days before lockdown and it didn’t make reserve, it’s not on the ‘online only’ multi vendor listings so I called to ask why and had it sold. They told me that they don’t do online only for ‘private sellers’, I’m a platinum card holder so wonder who else’s do they list? Dealer groups listing in multi vendor?

I would argue the point that your not a private seller . 

I noticed a few of the multivendor ones have an outstanding stocking finance marker on the experian checks on Autotrader. I've bought a few multivendor ones over the last couple of days, collecting next week. He who dares :lol:

1 minute ago, Mikey360 said:

I noticed a few of the multivendor ones have an outstanding stocking finance marker on the experian checks on Autotrader. I've bought a few multivendor ones over the last couple of days, collecting next week. He who dares :lol:

This time next year we will be millionaires .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I noticed this to, I was watching a car that sold then went back on as multi vendor. 

I’d imagine your bang on, buyers have been stung by buying an online risk and trying to claw their money back. 

I’m glad you’ve noticed this too. 

I’d hate to be one of those people who are now trying claw black money - with a Multivendor label, it will never allow the car / bidder to get their money back. 

I’d say get ready to lose at least 15-20% of what they paid to the auction.

As for the original vendors, I guess they’re happy because it’s one less knackered car that they have to worry about.

Bid with caution! :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

I’ve noticed some of them have that too. 

Do you reckon, it’s stock which was bought via stocking loan and now taken back in? So BCA can recoup money? 

but surely if that’s the case, they would give it a better vendor section then “multivendor”

Then again, with so many dealers getting paid grants, bounce back loans etc, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if everyone puts their hands up in the auction halls - bidding with their bank balances and not brains 

Edited by XDR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, XDR said:

Then again, with so many dealers getting paid grants, bounce back loans etc, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if everyone puts their hands up in the auction halls - bidding with their bank balances and not brains 

Sensible would be to sit on your hands and see which way the market goes. Pay of stocking loans if it’s flat, invest in stock if it’s bouyant.

I can see many people spending money on stock at existing price levels then getting burnt even worse when the likely drop in demand comes. 

I just can’t see demand going back to where it was, higher unemployment and tightening credit availability as a result. 

16 minutes ago, CCC said:

Sensible would be to sit on your hands and see which way the market goes. Pay of stocking loans if it’s flat, invest in stock if it’s bouyant.

I can see many people spending money on stock at existing price levels then getting burnt even worse when the likely drop in demand comes. 

I just can’t see demand going back to where it was, higher unemployment and tightening credit availability as a result. 

Spot on mate! 

Not going to lie, I’ve got a slight itch to buy stock at the moment... but I’m holding tight until I know what’s Borris’s plans & if there is a lifting in the lockdown.

my belief is that the first week of the auctions, will be tough.... cars prior to the auction were fetching  above cap clean... don’t even want to imagine what they will in after all this <_<

I imagine all of these current online ‘opportunities’ have been there since lockdown.

Plenty of the older items I invest in will be the broken biscuits that weren’t tempting when rattling their way past the rostrum 2 months ago. Imagine buying blind & paying up in advance then going to collect these gems smoking their tits off, crawling up the road bouncing off the rev limiter as the clutch gives up the ghost, dual mass flywheels trying to punch their way out of the bellhousing and oil slicks like the Exxon Valdez. 

As Duncan Bannatyne often said, “I’m out!”.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I imagine all of these current online ‘opportunities’ have been there since lockdown.

Plenty of the older items I invest in will be the broken biscuits that weren’t tempting when rattling their way past the rostrum 2 months ago. Imagine buying blind & paying up in advance then going to collect these gems smoking their tits off, crawling up the road bouncing off the rev limiter as the clutch gives up the ghost, dual mass flywheels trying to punch their way out of the bellhousing and oil slicks like the Exxon Valdez. 

you love it really:D

Looking at the forecasts on unemployment and finance in the FT today. It’s not pretty and starts at the top. No more including bonuses for city bods in the mortgage calculations as likely there won’t be any. Property takes a dip, etc.

If asset prices hold up its going to be due to the inflation caused by money printing. There will be opportunities but best sit tight and let things work themselves out first. 

6 hours ago, BHM said:

I had a skim through manheims stuff today, your description is apt?

I do think we might have to get used to online bidding for a while yet anyway. Even if dealerships/wbac etc are allowed to reopen and stock starts coming back in there’s no way social distancing will work in auction halls, especially on busy days.

A quick scan through buy-it-nows at Manheim Colchester reveals them all to be the cars which they couldn't get a bid on the week before lockdown in March. In fact of the cheaper cars I spotted at least 3 which failed to make it even through the 'ring on the last Thursday night (the very last auction they had). All yours for a bargain few hundred quid above March CAP Clean if you're tempted....

Take some jump leads and some K-Seal when you collect.

Edited by poor-trader

46 minutes ago, poor-trader said:

A quick scan through buy-it-nows at Manheim Colchester reveals them all to be the cars which they couldn't get a bid on the week before lockdown in March. In fact of the cheaper cars I spotted at least 3 which failed to make it even through the 'ring on the last Thursday night (the very last auction they had). All yours for a bargain few hundred quid above March CAP Clean if you're tempted....

Take some jump leads and some K-Seal when you collect.

And having stood for two months are now likely to also need a battery, brake caliper or two + pads and disks after you got them nice and red hot on the drive back to the site :blink:

33 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

dont forget the tyre blower upper

bet you wished you'd replace the crocodile clips now after ramming the wires down the side of the battery again:lol:

that’s if I can remember which car I left it.........2 months ago:wacko: 

6 minutes ago, Bmx Bandits said:

that’s if I can remember which car I left it.........2 months ago:wacko: 

it's the one with the biggest spider in it you've ever seen and its saying 

• come on if you think your hard enough:D
  • Haha 1