JDM1983

Accounting Software

Using this downtime to do my first years accounts, I never imagined what a confusing job it would be. I thought I’d kept decent records in excel, but they just aren’t fit for this purpose.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any accounting software, needs to be something fairly cheap, like an app, as I don’t have pockets for a proper dealer system at the moment. Any recommendations would be appreciated 

Ones that offer the margin vat scheme are far and few between and mostly then there just bolt on's have you priced the basic service with your accountant ? it shouldnt cost the earth and they can wiz through it.

Try motor trade assistant MTA I love it has margin and qualifying on it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratt101 said:

Try motor trade assistant MTA I love it has margin and qualifying on it 

Yes, been using this for years, Rod is always on the end of the phone too if you need any help with the package. Not cheap, but does the job really well 

On 5/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, JDM1983 said:

Using this downtime to do my first years accounts, I never imagined what a confusing job it would be. I thought I’d kept decent records in excel, but they just aren’t fit for this purpose.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any accounting software, needs to be something fairly cheap, like an app, as I don’t have pockets for a proper dealer system at the moment. Any recommendations would be appreciated 

Hi JDM, 

Blatant self promotion, and i sincerely apologise in advance if i'm breaking any forum rules or if i'm stepping on any toes but you could give www.virtualyard.co.uk a shot. 

We are a DMS offering basic book keeping for margin and qualifying schemes. We also export to Xero. 

On top of that:

- Virtual Yard is Free for any motor dealer with retail stock worth under £100,000

- We have a Mobile app to control 90% of your DMS from a phone of tablet.

- We offer Automated advertising feeds and Free Facebook Marketplace ads for registered users.

- We are a simple cloud based software you can access from anywhere on any connected device.

- We also do Website design with automated feeds

Since we are still in the process of launching in the UK we are always keen to hear customers feedback. If we don't have a feature you are looking for, of if something isn''t working the way you'd like it to then we will do everything we can to make it work for you as it strengthens our software in the process. 

Free trial -> www.virtualyard.co.uk

Thanks, Pete.

4 hours ago, Pete - Virtual Yard UK said:

Hi JDM, 

Blatant self promotion, and i sincerely apologise in advance if i'm breaking any forum rules or if i'm stepping on any toes but you could give www.virtualyard.co.uk a shot. 

We are a DMS offering basic book keeping for margin and qualifying schemes. We also export to Xero. 

On top of that:

- Virtual Yard is Free for any motor dealer with retail stock worth under £100,000

- We have a Mobile app to control 90% of your DMS from a phone of tablet.

- We offer Automated advertising feeds and Free Facebook Marketplace ads for registered users.

- We are a simple cloud based software you can access from anywhere on any connected device.

- We also do Website design with automated feeds

Since we are still in the process of launching in the UK we are always keen to hear customers feedback. If we don't have a feature you are looking for, of if something isn''t working the way you'd like it to then we will do everything we can to make it work for you as it strengthens our software in the process. 

Free trial -> www.virtualyard.co.uk

Thanks, Pete.

Thanks Pete, I’ll have a look