James Baggott

Wheeler Dealer's Mike Brewer on Car Dealer Live today

Don't tell ling . I don't mind Mike maybe didn't like the way he handled the Edd China thing just my opinion and there's two sides to every story  but who doesn't make mistakes . Wish him and his family all the best in health wealth and business from casper and the crew . And ask him if he needs a co presenter for the new wheeler dealers .. 

Edited by Casper

I watched Edd China's Youtube channel video response to leaving Wheeler Dealers and I'm still kinda neutral on that whole aspect, its a shame it had to happen and its clouded a good show. But its clear that Mike is passionate about cars and Wheeler Dealers. It was also interesting hearing his opinion on secondhand prices and CAP. Sure, they can try hold the prices but if the demand simply isn't there to sell them at the price they want..........interesting times are ahead!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul C said:

I watched Edd China's Youtube channel video response to leaving Wheeler Dealers and I'm still kinda neutral on that whole aspect, its a shame it had to happen and its clouded a good show. But its clear that Mike is passionate about cars and Wheeler Dealers. It was also interesting hearing his opinion on secondhand prices and CAP. Sure, they can try hold the prices but if the demand simply isn't there to sell them at the price they want..........interesting times are ahead!

Yeah I agree  watched it also just watched a few of Mikes responses on there too but suppose it would get to you if people kept asking the same questions I think personally he's actually an ok guy I think remember asking him a few question years back on twitter when I was working with a car dealer company that was being set up years ago he always replied and even got some off the guys from mike brewer motors To send some merchandise which I though was decent of him 

I actually like ant also on wheeler dealers and you can see he has a lot of skill and still follow a lot of ed stuff too 

guess it happens to everyone I've had fallouts over the year with suppliers mechanics etc it's just has to worst if your in the public eye . 

Edited by Casper

CAP, Glasses might like to think that they 'set' prices. They do not, they report prices. I am not sure exactly how their 'valuation experts' work, but if they try to 'support' the industry by 'filtering' the data then they will lose all credibility.

Hey James, have you heard from Mr Glasses? 

Does anyone know where Ritchie/Richard  Sutton is these days or what he is doing or become of him Mikes  co presenter on deals on wheels remember asking mike years back but he had only heard from him a handful of times over the years 

21 minutes ago, Casper said:

Does anyone know where Ritchie/Richard  Sutton is these days or what he is doing or become of him Mikes  co presenter on deals on wheels remember asking mike years back but he had only heard from him a handful of times over the years 

Good call, i remember that show. 

Enjoyed these so much I joined the forum!! 

All of the Car Dealer Live’s have been good and really enjoyed watching both of you today.

I really appreciate all you have done James to keep us all informed, entertained and keep our spirits up! 

I’ve been lurking for years and since lock down have been here more than ever so I thought I’d join!! 

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Bmx Bandits

Interesting video, I like Mike he seems to get a lot of flack but he seems a decent genuine chap to me. 

56 minutes ago, Bmx Bandits said:

All of the Car Dealer Live’s have been good and really enjoyed watching both of you today.

I really appreciate all you have done James to keep us all informed, entertained and keep our spirits up! 

I’ve been lurking for years and since lock down of been here more than ever so I thought I’d join!! 

Cheers

Ben

Welcome to the forum Ben and yes they have been good .

Edited by Casper

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

Welcome to the forum Ben and yes they have been good .

Thanks for the welcome Casper! 

Very good interview. Enjoyed watching that.

• Like 1

Me too. First one I’ve watched. Thanks James-MB what a great guy to be able to call a friend (and how tidy is your flat(?)btw? !)

Edited by NOACROSS

@James Baggott following on with the car shows James speak to fuzz town-send from car sos i know he's more practical than sales but i met him once at a car show  he's a lovely guy spent time with everyone and down to earth guy with an interesting story to tell might be worth a watch for those here who have workshops  as well as sales . 

12 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

I’ve been lurking for years and since lock down have been here more than ever so I thought I’d join!! 

Cheers

Ben

welcome  Ben,   from other  recently joined newbie.   I agree it is a very informative site.  Good work James

18 hours ago, metcars said:

Hey James, have you heard from Mr Glasses? 

They haven't spoken to us since 2018 

12 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Me too. First one I’ve watched. Thanks James-MB what a great guy to be able to call a friend (and how tidy is your flat(?)btw? !)

It has to be! Gives me an excuse to keep it clean these live shows haha! 

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Interesting video, I like Mike he seems to get a lot of flack but he seems a decent genuine chap to me. 

He is a great guy. I get very annoyed by people who give him grief. He's the most genuine and lovely person you'll ever meet

• Like 1

Just now, James Baggott said:

What did you do to them? 

Enjoying these, I like Mike Brewer never understood why he gets a lot of hate.  

+1 for How clean James keeps that flat, you have kids don't you how on earth you manage that is a mystery :lol:

17 minutes ago, James Baggott said:

Not sure. They have gone very quiet on us. I am trying to find a contact to talk to

Wow, ok. They know that Mr CAP has given his opinions?

1 hour ago, James Baggott said:

It has to be! Gives me an excuse to keep it clean these live shows haha! 

He is a great guy. I get very annoyed by people who give him grief. He's the most genuine and lovely person you'll ever meet

You find in life that most people are genuine good people if you treat others how you like to be treated . Reminds me off being in a small local pub years ago and got chatting with a guy and his fiancée who had been in few times bought a round of drinks etc a friend of mine was also in the pub and didn't get along with the guy he was this that and the other and they had had previous arguments and why you talking to that guy he's this and that .anyway turns out the guy I mentioned that I met with his fiancee was to quote @James Baggottone of the most genuine lovely person you could ever meet that was about 10 years ago and the guy has never passed me in the street since always stops for a 5 minute chat etc if I meet him at that shop or supermarket 

however the other friend who was putting him down has long since shown his true colours and I never heard a peep from him in years . Even when I went through a spell of ill health  

Edited by Casper

Liked Mikes and his interview, Straight talking no nonsense car sales person rather than the sharp suit PLC brigade, Obviously passionate about what he does a real breath of fresh air

Reference the comment on CAP and Glasses. It is a bit of a two-way thing, there is no doubt a drop in the guides makes buyers more cautious over what they pay but, yes, ultimately the market will decide. The bigger issue though is that banks, finance companies, stocking loans etc. use these guides to value stock held by a dealer. If 10-15% gets taken off the values then they depreciate that sock value by the same amount and businesses who had a positive balance sheet on Friday have a negative one on Monday. That makes banks nervous about overdrafts, makes it more difficult to borrow and makes stocking companies very worried.

If you're a bank sitting on a stock loan book of £1bn, or a leasing company expecting 30,000 end of lease cars back in the next 6 months seeing 15% taken off the value of it all overnight in terms of book price is not good news. Of course what ultimately matters is what they actually realise in terms of cash but short term it makes the financials look suspect.

• Like 1