Sign in to follow this  
David M

How was quarter 3 for you then?

I work in a Volvo franchise and we had a great Q3.  Did over target with no self registration.

Not sure if this is actually an indication that the recession is over or there are just mad deals about.  People are getting lots of PPI payouts which I'm sure some are using as deposits.

How was it for you? :rolleyes:

We've heard some great things about Q3 and September especially. The next issue of the mag, which we're sending to the printers today has a lot of detail about this very topic in it.

We also asked Twitter on the day the sales figures came out and produced this post:

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/september-registration-figures-what-does-this-mean-for-the-motor-trade/76663

The sentiment is that the market slowed in the first week or so of October, as dealers took a breath; however, normality seems to be recovering.  Concerns remain over high-mileage, poor-quality  vehicle, albeit volumes have increased.  

Reports of high percentages of PCP business, with 80% declared from a single brand. 

I won't mention the dreaded Pre-Reg/Tactical registrations too early on here, needless to say - yes, the usual suspects.

Doing some analysis around total cost of motoring at the minute and the relative association to the individual models registered in 2013 compared with previous years; reactive to the economy impact.
  • Like 1

We are hopeful for the year ahead.  You can honestly never tell though.  There has been a lot of pcp and 0% written in the last 3 months certainly. 

Assuming manufacturers are still as competative and interest rates stay low 2014 should be OK.  <crosses fingers>

• Like 1