Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

Auto trader stay at home !!!!!!!!

Hi Chaps 

Auto trader states on there website stay at home, on the home page.

they would be more  helpful to us traders by changing that to dealers able to sell and 

deliver cars !!!!!!

not sold a car now for a month..

hope everyone is well.

COVID-19 update: Dealership forecourts are closed until further notice to help stop the spread of coronavirus. They may still be able to help you remotely.

2 hours ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

IMHO the demand just isn't there. There may be a "built up demand" once things fully re-open but I think it will be difficult to sense it, amongst the drop due to other factors.

For example, PCP deals - the FCA have ruled that finance firms need to be flexible and have even gone as far as spelling out, in a reasonable amount of detail, that punters can have a payment holiday for 3 months if they want it (and are affected). So any momentum from maturing PCPs has been squished out too. They are very busy at the call centres etc extending terms left right and centre.

Car a day for the last week demands returning for definite 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Car a day for the last week demands returning for definite 

Interesting, what would you say it is as a % of normal?

I agree with Rory plenty of noise coming in now from advertising got three viewings firmed up for next week already, there are far to many people who talk themselves into misery these days. 

top tip I have discovered during this carnage is that reading constant negative news will make you negative and you won’t even know it has done it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justina3 said:

got three viewings firmed up for next week already

How are you working these Justina3, viewings at your premises or viewings at the customers home?

Edited by Row

5 hours ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

Hi Chaps 

Auto trader states on there website stay at home, on the home page.

they would be more  helpful to us traders by changing that to dealers able to sell and 

deliver cars !!!!!!

hope everyone is well.

Really

I cant find where it says that

I'm guessing if you follow the link they put up at the top it follows government guidelines on what you need to do if you must buy a car at this time

Now let me think on my shopping list

Buy sunday paper

Get 4 points of milk

Get a loaf of bread

Tin of cat food

Buy car

Think that basically covers it

Back in an hour dear:lol:

Edited by New year revolutions......
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Row said:

How are you working these Justina3, viewings at your premises or viewings at the customers home?

At ours and just applying common sense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justina3 said:

At ours and just applying common sense. 

Probably not the best place to post this

16 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Probably not the best place to post this

I don’t see what rules are being broken, we have a fully prepared workshop opened to service and repair any front line workers vehicles so far we have changed a battery hardly a money spinner but hey ho, now we have people wishing to view a car via a click and collect type system who is to say there not front line workers I didn’t. Two of the customers have already asked could we hold onto the cars should they like them until lockdown is over. 

And to be honest if anyone moans about it just have a look outside your local b&q or corner shop our local corner shop has now added outdoor bbq,a and compost outside his shop and is doing a great trade, hardly essential purchase yet nothing is said to them. 

• Like 1