James Baggott

Small firms that missed out on £10k grants could get help

15 minutes ago, Paul C said:

You know the adverts which are served are determined on a per-user basis, based on their typical browsing history?

My offer still stands

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Ok, I’ll take the bullet and sign up to lonely Asian ladies!:rolleyes:

seriously, thanks James, we are all hugely grateful for your efforts. 

You're very welcome - it's keeping me busy...

• Like 1

Just subscribed to the magazine before James puts the price up :P

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:25 AM, James Baggott said:

I’ve been promised an official comment this morning. It’s happening. Will make a huge difference to my business!

any update on this ?

16 hours ago, J.B said:

Just subscribed to the magazine before James puts the price up :P

I've just realised I am still autosubsribed from last year, so now having subscribed again, I will have two copies. I am happy paying £100 a year anyway, well worth it.

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I've just realised I am still autosubsribed from last year, so now having subscribed again, I will have two copies. I am happy paying £100 a year anyway, well worth it.

Are you sure you don't want a refund? 

9 minutes ago, James Baggott said:

Are you sure you don't want a refund? 

Positive

38 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Positive

Very decent of you mark . It comes in handy to have 2 copies  anyway as we get older we forget where was left the 1st one lol 

21 hours ago, Casper said:

Very decent of you mark . It comes in handy to have 2 copies  anyway as we get older we forget where was left the 1st one lol 

I only read Big Mike's column and see whether I have made printed forum fame. It's not about having a mag to read for me, it's about paying something for this forum.

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I only read Big Mike's column and see whether I have made printed forum fame. It's not about having a mag to read for me, it's about paying something for this forum.

It's deffo worth the £50 a year going to subscribe myself soon 

james, in your very recent article= https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/small-businesses-missed-10k-government-grants-may-get-cash-june/192558

thanks for the update incidentally, it states that, and i quote =

They must also not have received any other government grants – including the help announced for self-employed people"

Well please correct me if i am wrong but the self employed income support scheme that went live this week with many millions making the claim is, described as a grant !

Have the self employed people who have not got the help with the original rates grant been deceived ?

I think i read that 95% of self employed can claim the self employment income support scheme 

@have a word with the wife When the local council called me - which is how the update was produced - they specifically said the self employed grant scheme that went live this week would exclude those businesses from getting this help. It is important to note this new round of funding is to be handed out at the local authority's discretion too, so not everyone will get it.

I am still hopeful that we will be included, hence the calls to my council

• Like 1

A friend of my daughters is self employed and has 2 zero hours contract jobs which are suspended.She does have an accountant submit her tax returns.She has applied and has been informed she is eligible and will be paid from next week.!

22 minutes ago, trade vet said:

A friend of my daughters is self employed and has 2 zero hours contract jobs which are suspended.She does have an accountant submit her tax returns.She has applied and has been informed she is eligible and will be paid from next week.!

are you talking about the self employed income scheme or the fact she shares a property and thus is claiming the business grant as she doesn't directly get billed for business rates?

30 minutes ago, Thestalker said:

are you talking about the self employed income scheme or the fact she shares a property and thus is claiming the business grant as she doesn't directly get billed for business rates?

Self employed scheme ,the point being if freelance zero hours contract workers are eligible for help,people operating from premises and paying business rate inclusive rents should be more than eligible.

it,s scandalous ! i have just also read that there is no "either / or " choice ! in other words if the self eiss is claimable, and  you have not claimed it then your still not allowed to claim ?

as of todays date

i have wrote to the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

i have made them aware of my concerns that this scheme only applies to less than 5% of self employed and asked them for a rethink, if you wish to write too here is the link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-business-energy-and-industrial-strategy

Edited by have a word with the wife

On 5/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, Mark101 said:

For all forum members who don't subscribe to the magazine, I think we all should. Many of us pay thousands a year to advertise our cars and this is something like £50 a year a no brainer.

I'd go with this. I'm sure we could get it organised.

Obviously those that pay get an award and a VIP night out which includes hookers, columbian marching powder and dwarfs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Obviously those that pay get an award and a VIP night out which includes hookers, columbian marching powder and dwarfs.

there can only be 6 dwarfs:huh:

sneezy is self isolating

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, sparky said:

At the risk of being ‘judged’, does the dwarf video include a certain cigar? :D

On 5/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, have a word with the wife said:

it,s scandalous ! i have just also read that there is no "either / or " choice ! in other words if the self eiss is claimable, and  you have not claimed it then your still not allowed to claim ?

as of todays date

i have wrote to the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

i have made them aware of my concerns that this scheme only applies to less than 5% of self employed and asked them for a rethink, if you wish to write too here is the link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-business-energy-and-industrial-strategy

nice to see a mp has added his concerns in a open letter to the business secretary  [ tim finn]