James Baggott

Breaking News: Car dealers could be allowed to open as soon as May 11

If B&Q can open I cant see why a car dealership can not open.

• Like 1

I think they’re all getting ready as it is - many big dealer groups have had a couple of skeleton staff in this week.

Had an email from Drive Vauxhall today to say they are reopening. Interestingly saying that Sales Dept are shut but you can have an unaccompanied test drive..

The construction and building site are the same here guess there trying to get everyone back will have to wait and see 

13 minutes ago, metcars said:

Are the auctions open?

I know a girl who works for BCA and there's no info yet as to when they are re opening any time soon. 

My thoughts are its going to be online only , cant see how a physical auction can operate , but who's going to buy 60% of the stock without hearing it or seeing it  , Cheaper stuff will be a nightmare for most people . 

Rules will have to change to sell 100% online in my opinion , no good return it , but who pays that bill 

28 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I know a girl who works for BCA and there's no info yet as to when they are re opening any time soon. 

My thoughts are its going to be online only , cant see how a physical auction can operate , but who's going to buy 60% of the stock without hearing it or seeing it  , Cheaper stuff will be a nightmare for most people . 

Rules will have to change to sell 100% online in my opinion , no good return it , but who pays that bill 

Although my question was rhetorical these are my thoughts too

I can’t help thinking that there are going to be huge chunks of the population returning to work from lockdown scared of public transport and looking at purchasing a cheap used car not a new/nearly new one? But for those of us that purchase our stock at auction, how can we do that without playing Russian roulette with BCA descriptions?

its going to be an issue. Guys like me sell cars to ordinary low paid workers to get them to work not so there wives can showboat for the neighbours. Who gives s crap about contactless selling if I can’t source my stock?

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

That’s my stock profile & there’s no chance at all for me. 

When the world first went tits up Manheim tried it for a week. They ran up everything - to my mind showing they have no comprehension of the issues buyers face buying blind based on their totally inadequate descriptions.

They think the likes of me are interested in a few scratches & wheel scuffs when, quite frankly, I couldn’t give a toss about them. It’s the mechanical aspect that concerns me which they don’t cover.

• Like 1

I’ve always wondered this say you buy a car online with no report and when you get it delivered or go to collect the bottom end is knocking its pan in can you reject it with them if it’s a blatant issue?

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

I’ve always wondered this say you buy a car online with no report and when you get it delivered or go to collect the bottom end is knocking its pan in can you reject it with them if it’s a blatant issue?

Have a guess :lol:. A fellow trader asked similar; “What if we come to collect & the car’s knackered?”

Manheim’s response was “Don’t worry, we’ll sort something out”!!!! Would you trust them #+*^s? 

• Like 1