Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

Car dealers, the forgotten trade ?

Surely we are key workers ? we keep the nation mobile ? spoke to a few people tonight and they were quite taken aback that we are closed, i was asked "but surely, no one is going to buy a car unless they genuinely need one" [ the odds are i think he was correct] ?

Also asked but what if a key worker needs a car, and not got the money for a big purchase that could be delivered [ they understood that delivering a car under, lets say, £5k is a big risk both for the buyer and the seller ] how true.

If the hardware shops [ b and q selling plants lol] that are allegedly supplying plumbing and electrical items to keep us safe in our homes, then supplying a key worker with transport is not "none essential" ?

Garages are open, but what if the repair for the key worker is not economical ?

Maybe some kind of restriction regarding sales only to key workers could be introduced ?

are we surely not key workers?

just thinking out loud , your opinion ?

• Like 1

I walked down the major arterial A road near me tonight on a shortcut to the drugs den (ok duff seller)

There was more cyclists than cars

I dont honestly think car sales people are key workers

I understand we are all chomping at the bit to count the lolly and see people and go off to spain next week but  we also should be lucky we are alive and live in a western country that is doing it's best to support us

Every good boy deserves favour and soon the moody blues will pass

In theory, every business is key because everything is interlinked. But they needed to draw the line somewhere otherwise Reffective would have been >1. It was a pretty obvious decision to shut most retail down. There would always be "what if" scenarios where somebody needs something they can't get, and I guess they assumed if a key worker's car broke down, its fixable and they wouldn't just buy another car!!!

Key workers? I admire your optimism.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Key workers? I admire your optimism.

I've a big box of keys under my desk, surely I qualify ?

9 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Every good boy deserves favour and soon the moody blues will pass

Now that's giving away your age!

Great album. Maybe I should invest in a turntable again and rummage through my stash of vinyl.