A & S

Predictions

46 minutes ago, metcars said:

I’m 58 with heart failure and hypertension. I’m one of those people being ‘shielded’ at home. If I catch it I will die. I’m not going anywhere near a hospital for as long as possible!

I don't blame you! I'm 62 and as a key worker I  am at risk everyday. I can't self isolate as I won't get paid. I hope you are still getting the treatment you deserve and have not been 'forgotten' by the NHS.

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

I don't blame you! I'm 62 and as a key worker I  am at risk everyday. I can't self isolate as I won't get paid. I hope you are still getting the treatment you deserve and have not been 'forgotten' by the NHS.

Heart problems and high blood pressure are part of the job? How on earth did you end up on a car dealer forum?

23 hours ago, metcars said:

Heart problems and high blood pressure are part of the job? How on earth did you end up on a car dealer forum?

As far as I'm aware this is still a free country, and, I have a vested interest as my new car is sat in the showroom, and, I thought this would be a good place to get information as to when dealers would open again. If me being here upsets your sensibility then this will be my last post.

19 minutes ago, Roberto said:

As far as I'm aware this is still a free country, and, I have a vested interest as my new car is sat in the showroom, and, I thought this would be a good place to get information as to when dealers would open again. If me being here upsets your sensibility then this will be my last post.

so we got there in end ! he has a car waiting in showroom ! well, let me give you some news then as you think we have the answer ? and not your supplier ?

● Opening non-essential retail when and where it is safe to do so, and subject to those retailers being able to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidelines. The intention is for this to happen in phases from 1 June; the Government will issue further guidance shortly on the approach that will be taken to phasing, including which businesses will be covered in each phase and the timeframes involved.

please note the above underlined part ...........

goodbye :wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

If you want to bitch and moan you’re better off on mumsnet?

I too have a vehicle waiting for me in a showroom, evans halshaw, they are delivering used cars but not new ones?? And showrooms are closed to the public, no one is saying they cant operate behind closed doors.

32 minutes ago, metcars said:

If you want to bitch and moan you’re better off on mumsnet?

Not very helpful are you?

42 minutes ago, Nick. said:

I too have a vehicle waiting for me in a showroom, evans halshaw, they are delivering used cars but not new ones?? And showrooms are closed to the public, no one is saying they cant operate behind closed doors.

Dealers showing their true colours. They wouldn't be this salty if we were in THEIR showroom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick. said:

You don’t deserve it?

I dont deserve it?? My car that I paid for?? While I am risking my life doing my essential work while you are sitting on your arse?? Bit of a prick you are.

I’ll get the popcorn :lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ll get the popcorn :lol:

Me too, and the Beer ;)

How to win friends and influence folk :rolleyes: ......................................................

13 hours ago, Nick. said:

I dont deserve it?? My car that I paid for?? While I am risking my life doing my essential work while you are sitting on your arse?? Bit of a prick you are.

No I’m a big one, or at least I’ve never had any complaints. You must be feeling mugged off over your car! Shame?

PS I understand cleaners are essential workers too, yes.

Cleaner haha. 50k a year with no pressure or high blood pressure which all you cunts moan about. I know car dealers have two personalities but I think on the whole you are letting your industry down. And even If I was a cleaner would it matter?? I would never job shame someone, just shows the type of person you are. You have probably ripped so many people off and have had countless CCJ's haha. Waster.

32 minutes ago, Nick. said:

Cleaner haha. 50k a year with no pressure or high blood pressure which all you cunts moan about. I know car dealers have two personalities but I think on the whole you are letting your industry down. And even If I was a cleaner would it matter?? I would never job shame someone, just shows the type of person you are. You have probably ripped so many people off and have had countless CCJ's haha. Waster.

You started the job shaming! Please let us know what car you’ve had trapped at the dealership? I’m guessing BMW or Mercedes, don’t ask me why.

Edited by metcars

Haha neither. Not a German car, Korean actually. Look I am not here to be a dick, i came here to see if there was any one in the know how, i really need my car, if the dealership can deliver a used car why not a new one?? I know that's not your problem and believe me i have raised it with the dealership but to no avail. From what I can gather is you cant open to the public but clearly you can operate behind closed doors and offer delivery, totally understand this might not be for every dealer but the big franchise places this should not be a problem. Stay safe mate.

12 minutes ago, Nick. said:

if the dealership can deliver a used car why not a new one??

Worldwide pandemic?

Causing supply chain problems?

Perhaps your car hasn't been built yet?

Have you spoke with KIA/Hyundai or dare is say it.......... SSSANNGYLONGDELIVERYTIMES :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Worldwide pandemic?

Causing supply chain problems?

Perhaps your car hasn't been built yet?

Have you spoke with KIA/Hyundai or dare is say it.......... SSSANNGYLONGDELIVERYTIMES :lol:

KIA, as I said the dealership are delivering used vehicles but not new ones. I was supposed to get mine a week after they closed. My car is in the showroom locked away they said with lots others. Just cant see a massive problem if they can already deliver used cars. Not asking anyone to do anything they are not already doing.

Edited by Nick.
Fault

1 hour ago, Nick. said:

Haha neither. Not a German car, Korean actually. Look I am not here to be a dick, i came here to see if there was any one in the know how, i really need my car, if the dealership can deliver a used car why not a new one?? I know that's not your problem and believe me i have raised it with the dealership but to no avail. From what I can gather is you cant open to the public but clearly you can operate behind closed doors and offer delivery, totally understand this might not be for every dealer but the big franchise places this should not be a problem. Stay safe mate.

I appreciate that, but the dealers were closed because of government guidance not to be bloody minded to you. To be honest I’d reckon they are champing at the but to get your car to you! Makes sure they replace the battery!

Do you think the battery would need replacing? Would a jump start then a run not charge it? Bearing in mind it's a new car. Just called them 5o escalate the matter. If they can sell and deliver used cars then I want my new car.

Find it strange they're not delivering new cars yet delivering used ones , personally I would have said they wouldn't have staff in to prepare the new cars , but that would also be the same as used cars unless all their stock is prepped and ready to go so the customer can drive away within the hour . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick. said:

Do you think the battery would need replacing? Would a jump start then a run not charge it? Bearing in mind it's a new car. Just called them 5o escalate the matter. If they can sell and deliver used cars then I want my new car.

Nothing will need changing, many new cars sit for months at a time, we still have access to some new and unused BMW’s registered June 2019.

Before you ask the warranty starts from registration date but do check the service countdown is reset if it’s had an early PDI.

Some larger fleet dealers are delivering cars but most smaller retail outlets have furloughed staff and would need individual people to do the following to make it happen, PDI, Valet, Invoice, Register / RFL, Hans over.

In most cases main dealers are just taking holding deposits on used cars rather than delivering them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Contracts said:

Nothing will need changing, many new cars sit for months at a time, we still have access to some new and unused BMW’s registered June 2019.

Before you ask the warranty starts from registration date but do check the service countdown is reset if it’s had an early PDI.

Some larger fleet dealers are delivering cars but most smaller retail outlets have furloughed staff and would need individual people to do the following to make it happen, PDI, Valet, Invoice, Register / RFL, Hans over.

In most cases main dealers are just taking holding deposits on used cars rather than delivering them.

Excellent advice. Thank you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Contracts said:

It's a pity there weren't a few more of you on here.

• Like 1