A & S

Predictions

3 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

A few of the people at the dealer I used to work at (large plc) are saying 11th for workshop and early June for sales.

Some the local auctions here are hoping to open for the end of may I'm told know a local lady that works in the office and met her at the local shop the other day no sure how it will go with social distancing though .

I’m still half way through a house move. Still not sure how that will work? Our sellers are pushing for exchange on 18th of may. Don’t really want to commit to a potential breach of contract.  

Could really do with it going through as we are releasing capital which I will use to start up.

15 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

I’m still half way through a house move. Still not sure how that will work? Our sellers are pushing for exchange on 18th of may. Don’t really want to commit to a potential breach of contract.  

Could really do with it going through as we are releasing capital which I will use to start up.

Sure I seen it on the news you could. Carry out a house move if it couldn't be helped and was absolutely essential no 100 percent but might be worth asking agents or lawyers the question . 

Edited by Casper

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

Sure I seen it on the news you could. Carry out a house move if it couldn't be helped and was absolutely essential no 100 percent but might be worth asking agents or lawyers the question . 

I think if you had exchanged before then it could be possible. No is a bit more tricky. Apparently there are some Solicitors writing covid clauses in the contracts...but to me those are kind of like how long is a piece of string 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCS01 said:

I think if you had exchanged before then it could be possible. No is a bit more tricky. Apparently there are some Solicitors writing covid clauses in the contracts...but to me those are kind of like how long is a piece of string 

All the best in your new home when you finally get there

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

All the best in your new home when you finally get there

Thanks.

its been a long Arduous process and has  made me realise that (most of) the motor trade should be able to hold its head up high when compared to the incompetence and general f*ckwhittary of estate agents.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCS01 said:

Thanks.

its been a long Arduous process and has  made me realise that (most of) the motor trade should be able to hold its head up high when compared to the incompetence and general f*ckwhittary of estate agents.

You do often wonder sometimes how some people in business get by don't you . 

My guess we will be allowed to open for sales on 18th May

I’m sure that more will become clear on Sunday when Boris give us his road map.

I know of one large dealer group that is getting set-up to have a large part of their work force back in from the 11th of May. 

Would image that a huge number of big groups are hemorrhaging money and need to re-open before they can’t afford to.  

As a smaller dealer I’m happier to wait longer until it’s safe for my staff and customers.

I think larger dealerships will be allowed to open but believe mine which has small office space and workshop for prepping cars may not be 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ratt101 said:

I think larger dealerships will be allowed to open but believe mine which has small office space and workshop for prepping cars may not be 

Guess it a waiting game welcome to the forum by the way . 

12 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

really

lovely bloke I know died from it last week

do you not understand the bigger picture

Maybe show some balls agree with Nicola ( something i don't often do ) and keep the lockdown for a few weeks and watch the numbers save Peoples Life's before money economy and getting the country up and running .  

12 hours ago, Roberto said:

Come on Johnson! Show some balls and get UK rolling again.

Come on Johnson! Show some balls and get UK rolling again.

Easy tiger!! Slow and steady wins the race. I’d like nothing more than to see the uk get rolling again but there is little point rushing into a second wave of this shocking disease.

If we don't  get rolling there won't be an economy. UK will be a nation of neurotics. Things can progress if proper safety is in place such as masks in public, and, yes I have lost friends to this too but we can't go on being afraid of our own shadow just in case it's infected. 

22 minutes ago, Roberto said:

If we don't  get rolling there won't be an economy. UK will be a nation of neurotics. Things can progress if proper safety is in place such as masks in public, and, yes I have lost friends to this too but we can't go on being afraid of our own shadow just in case it's infected. 

i alright :rolleyes:

it is not the decision of "boris" by the way, let me put it simple, if the 5  conditions are not met, and the hospitals cannot cope, and  YOU cut your hand bad, then you will simply bleed to death, or, heart attack, for example.

3 hours ago, Casper said:

Maybe show some balls agree with Nicola ( something i don't often do ) and keep the lockdown for a few weeks

Looking at ‘her’ I’d guess ‘she’ has a pair of knackers already.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BHM said:

Looking at ‘her’ I’d guess ‘she’ has a pair of knackers already.

:lol::lol: 

They’re investing a lot of money into walking and cycling? I might start selling ebikes if I can find a decent wholesaler?

1 hour ago, metcars said:

They’re investing a lot of money into walking and cycling? I might start selling ebikes if I can find a decent wholesaler?

Don't worry everyone will want cars again when it turns wet and cold, as in inevitably will, being the UK.

46 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Don't worry everyone will want cars again when it turns wet and cold, as in inevitably will, being the UK.

It appears that they would rather people return to work on a bike rather than use their car. I’m guessing it’s ok to buy a new car though?

2 hours ago, metcars said:

I looked on ebay today the best ones have all sold out

I wanted to change all tubes last year for led as theres about 30 of the things,all the 5 foot ones had gone for 3 months probably because they were probably recommended on a Charlie dimmuk programme

I used to buy white eggs for pennies till some tart on cooking programme mentioned them

Edited by New year revolutions......

9 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

i alright :rolleyes:

it is not the decision of "boris" by the way, let me put it simple, if the 5  conditions are not met, and the hospitals cannot cope, and  YOU cut your hand bad, then you will simply bleed to death, or, heart attack, for example.

Mmmm is that why doctors and nurses are on social media platforms dancing? My missus has Asthma, diabetes and other health issues and has appointments cancelled because of this. It seems everybody elses health issues can go spit. Johnson is "guided by the science" and this is the science that advised the government to make 50 to 69 year olds self isolate like over 70's. Even the WHO recommended that this be the case as that was where most deaths were occurring. Don't tell me it's not his decision.

Mmmm is that why doctors and nurses are on social media platforms dancing? My missus has Asthma, diabetes and other health issues and has appointments cancelled because of this. It seems everybody elses health issues can go spit. Johnson is "guided by the science" and this is the science that advised the government to make 50 to 69 year olds self isolate like over 70's. Even the WHO recommended that this be the case as that was where most deaths were occurring. Don't tell me it's not his decision.

I’m 58 with heart failure and hypertension. I’m one of those people being ‘shielded’ at home. If I catch it I will die. I’m not going anywhere near a hospital for as long as possible!