TangoVictor32

Finding the exact part size

Hi guys got a Jag xf and the discs need doing. 

Looking at the factors sites there are two sizes - 322mm and 356mm.

How do i find out which size mine are without taking them off and measuring them? I rather buy myself and save the discount as the mechanic says he doesnt get any. 

Obviously I would have rang the dealer up but they're closed. 

Ring your local parts supplier and ask them to look at the OE site from the reg. failing that they send me both options and charge for the ones I require

13 minutes ago, Lucky13 said:

Ring your local parts supplier and ask them to look at the OE site from the reg. failing that they send me both options and charge for the ones I require

35 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Hi guys got a Jag xf and the discs need doing. 

Looking at the factors sites there are two sizes - 322mm and 356mm.

How do i find out which size mine are without taking them off and measuring them? I rather buy myself and save the discount as the mechanic says he doesnt get any. 

Obviously I would have rang the dealer up but they're closed. 

Im the same as lucky with my main parts suppliers or the ones i dont use much credit me the ones i dont use 

my main parts supplier alliance have the dealer link computer give that a try 

Edited by Casper

I would just take a wheel off and measure them in situ, should be quite easy to see a 34mm difference without stripping further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

check by reg on the blueprint site. https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/

usually accurate

I find the euro omnipart site better because you can use the chassis no or reg,I've just tried logging in though but cant remember the password:unsure::lol:

To the OP be very careful buying off the internet there are many copies on there

7 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I find the euro omnipart site better because you can use the chassis no or reg,I've just tried logging in though but cant remember the password:unsure::lol:

To the OP be very careful buying off the internet there are many copies on there

Europart site will give you every available fitment for that car so usually give you two or three options which is not great.

Blueprint usually will display only the right part and give you all the possible oe part numbers.

Best way to be 100% certain is find what looks like the right part off one of the big warehouse ebay sellers.

send them an email with your reg and they will confirm the parts they have are correct or direct you to the correct listing. You can then buy off them or use the part number that you now have to find the best value.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

Europart site will give you every available fitment for that car so usually give you two or three options which is not great.

Blueprint usually will display only the right part and give you all the possible oe part numbers.

Best way to be 100% certain is find what looks like the right part off one of the big warehouse ebay sellers.

send them an email with your reg and they will confirm the parts they have are correct or direct you to the correct listing. You can then buy off them or use the part number that you now have to find the best value.

Yes thanks for that but let's be honest

His mechanic should be able to get them delivered at a good price from a decent factor when times are normal within an hour usually depending where you are

It's possible hes nailed the mechanic so far down on price that mechanic has chosen to let him order the parts then when they dont fit he can charge again:D

To the mechanic read this

https://iaafnewsletter.co.uk/2017/05/05/customer-supplied-parts-are-you-fitting-them/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Yes thanks for that but let's be honest

His mechanic should be able to get them delivered at a good price from a decent factor when times are normal within an hour usually depending where you are

It's possible hes nailed the mechanic so far down on price that mechanic has chosen to let him order the parts then when they dont fit he can charge again:D

To the mechanic read this

https://iaafnewsletter.co.uk/2017/05/05/customer-supplied-parts-are-you-fitting-them/

No apparently the mechanic doesn't get any discount i heard them on the phone. You get more discount as joe public with online discount codes. 

2 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

Problem with euro wrong parts is they always send the wrong ones and due to everything being delivery only I dont want to delay. 

Also the dpf light came on the other night and i went for a run in it and it went off. I am going off guard with this lockdown :lol:

1 hour ago, Row said:

I would just take a wheel off and measure them in situ, should be quite easy to see a 34mm difference without stripping further.

I would do that... But am too fat and I might not get up. Missus doesn't know how to use a jack to lift me up... She'll end up dropping the jack that's holding the car... So I'll end up under it :lol:

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

No apparently the mechanic doesn't get any discount i heard them on the phone. You get more discount as joe public with online discount codes. 

Problem with euro wrong parts is they always send the wrong ones and due to everything being delivery only I dont want to delay. 

Also the dpf light came on the other night and i went for a run in it and it went off. I am going off guard with this lockdown :lol:

I would do that... But am too fat and I might not get up. Missus doesn't know how to use a jack to lift me up... She'll end up dropping the jack that's holding the car... So I'll end up under it :lol:

I always find alliance automotive better than euro for getting parts correct ive only even had the wrong parts once for a  corsa and it was my fault cause i presumed it never had abs and it. Did  

The easiest way to tell what type of brakes are fitted is to get a torch and peer in through the wheels at the calipers.  If they have an oblong panel visible with 2 dimples on it then its the performance brake system - 355mm.  If the caliper has an "arch" in the middle then they are standard brakes 322mm.
R models have a coloured "R" in the centre panel - 380mm. 

All rears are the same.

But, honestly, it only takes about 10mins to wizz a wheel off and measure. I'd want to do that anyway to inspect the calipers\hoses etc before ordering parts.

Edited by Halfpenny