Dave2302

V8 SLK R170 Beastie

2 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

wait they are at work  and dvla wouldn't let me sorn them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

50 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I once cleaned a radiator with the steam cleaner back in the day on a car

Boy I didn't do that again spent all day straightening the bugger:lol:

Nice to see you have the pre war trade plates like mine,I need to paint them again though as theres not much red left,wait they are at work  and dvla wouldn't let me sorn them

Hang on they are modern plates.,....... you youngurn

Remember the old plates well. First garage job i had had 2 sets .

the entertainment system was pre war also an old analogue tune radio  connected to a scrap car aerial on the shelf with a couple of old speakers and twelve volt car bettery under the bench to power it  then some one treated us to a hand me down hi fi and wired speakers in the workshops it was good workshop very large with plenty space and a massive scrap yard  but going to wreck and ruin was ex railway site when the mines and pits operated theres about 8 houses and 6 flats on the full site now inc what was the shop fuel station  wasn't there long  the owner was a selfish git the workshop boss and body shop boss were good men . Still in contact with the bodyshop boss but sadly the workshop  boss got the big c and passed away still miss a catch up with him . Was only in his fifties and the best mechanic id ever seen coincidence or not his cousin is also a good mechanic but in ill health. Now 

Edited by Casper

34 minutes ago, Casper said:

Hang on they are modern plates.,....... you youngurn

LOL, I am officially an old git ya know, ;) Not long until I get me Bus Pass :lol: 

I had the old metal ones with the Rubber Triangle and Paper insert, left 'em with my old firm when I sold up and moved up here ...........

Got the "New" ones when I got bored with semi retirement and started Trading up here a few years ago ;) 

14 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, I am officially an old git ya know, ;) Not long until I get me Bus Pass :lol: 

I had the old metal ones with the Rubber Triangle and Paper insert, left 'em with my old firm when I sold up and moved up here ...........

Got the "New" ones when I got bored with semi retirement and started Trading up here a few years ago ;) 

Im still young too was new year that mentioned it hes old lol 

13 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Ok I will let you off,I've still got the triangle because the queen says I cant damage her regal property:lol:

Dont want her coming out of isolation and a corgy nipping me legs:unsure:

Just now, New year revolutions...... said:

Ok I will let you off,I've still got the triangle because the queen says I cant damage her regal property:lol:

Dont want her coming out of isolation and a corgy nipping me legs:unsure:

What year do the old plates date from out of interest late 70s early 80s the garage i mentioned had them right up to he retired in 2006 but i reckon he would have had them from mid 70s before my time . 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

What year do the old plates date from out of interest late 70s early 80s the garage i mentioned had them right up to he retired in 2006 but i reckon he would have had them from mid 70s before my time . 

When did they come out you mean?

60,s I think,sure the wagons with chassis and a seat and steering wheel used to pass me in 1960's with trade plates on and the blokes with goggles on their heads

Taken me half an hour to find a picture:lol::lol:

BusChassis.jpg

5 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

60,s I think,sure the wagons with chassis and a seat and steering wheel used to pass me in 1960's with trade plates on and the blokes with goggles on their heads

BusChassis.jpg

Nice Pic wouldn't see anything like them good old days now :)

Yeah but no but lol ...............

Might have been 60's IDK, but that pic is at least 70's as there is an Austin Maxi, Austin Princess or Ambassador plus a Sherpa-derpa and a Ford Mk III Cortina in it ;)

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

Might have been 60's IDK, but that pic is at least 70's as there is an Austin Maxi, Austin Princess or Ambassador plus a Sherpa-derpa and a Ford Mk III Cortina in it ;)

Yes but it's all I could find

If I was at work I could have cutnpasted some model t's in:D

Just now, New year revolutions...... said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Yes that what i was meaning  when do they date from what decade year the came out at a guesstimate 

13 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

BusChassis.jpg

Thanks for going to effort . Much appreciated 

Just now, Casper said:

Yes that what i was meaning  when do they date from what decade year the came out at a guesstimate 

Thanks for going to effort . Much appreciated 

No worries

I'm not too busy here:lol:

3 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Yes but it's all I could find

Or took a photo of the one on the forecourt rumour has it you sold a few back in day lol :lol: or was that @trade vet

1 minute ago, New year revolutions...... said:

No worries

I'm not too busy here:lol:

Same lol :lol:

Edited by Casper

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

when do they date from what decade year the came out at a guesstimate 

IDK, I was 8 years old in 1970 ;) 

They were definitely issued by 1976 as my first weekend job in a garage was at 14 ;)

So we now need an even older git than me ;)

Edited by Dave2302

3 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

IDK, I was 8 years old in 1970 ;) 

They were definitely issued by 1976 as my first weekend job in a garage was at 14 ;)

Thanks dave my earliest memory of trade plates i can remember is around 1986 in the garage i mentioned when i went there with my dad toddling behind as a kid  before i worked there years later 

Edited by Casper