Dave2302

V8 SLK R170 Beastie

Hi Guys, long time no speak,  hope ya' all OK and surviving this crazy time.

For the last few weeks I been busy, used the shut down time to crack on with this project ...........

It's now running and performing just like it should have when it came from the factory ..................

146268280_sam_3436.jpg

146268278_sam_3162.jpg

146268279_sam_3130.jpg

146268276_sam_3389.jpg

Up there with some of the fastest Supercars, and I've driven a fair old few in my 42 years behind a Steering Wheel, and it's ready to drive and enjoy now  ;)

"Brutal Savage" is the only way to describe it, and it's only mildly tuned right now, plenty more to give ;)

Weather is glorious up here and the roads are empty :D :D :D

• Like 3

Love the colour

Glad to see you are well and mad as ever:lol:

From .... ........@boringdave aka JasonDoyleMotors....

keep in touch and more importantly keep safe it must be a long wait if you need a blood wagon up there

Edited by Thestalker
I dribbled......

Welcome back dave, you have been missed forums are full of dribble attention seekers. 

1 minute ago, justina3 said:

Welcome back dave, you have been missed forums are full of dribble attention seekers. 

:-)))))

Thanks guys, I'll try and get here more regular ;)

Workshop was Crazy up until 5 weeks ago ;)

Something had to give and sadly it was my forum time :(

Ended up with a 5.0 M113 from W220 S Class, also V8 Trans and 2.87 C Class Diff .............

So far it's just got 76mm Air Intakes and removed secondary Cats, plus a 76mm Exhaust System with "emotion" butterfly which opens for 5 seconds upon start, then only on full kickdown ;)

I've got a 400 Bhp Tune Flash File and a pair of Kleeman Cams for later on, shaking it all down atm ;) 

I'll tune it once I can get a few dyno runs first for a baseline ;)

I fitted the Engine and Trans over a long weekend, then China Virus hit, so I canceled all work and just cracked on.

It was the Engine and Trans ECU's that took the time, I had to solder in some extra drivers and bits to the Engine ECU, and then loads of Programming work on Trans and Engine, that took around 3 weeks of head scratching and swearing, just got it right 2 days ago :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Thanks guys ;)

Welcome Dave been in the trade years bur Only been here since July last year but read a lot of your post always interesting and sensible . And glad to see your posting again today

Cheers Casper & NOA,

Hope you and yours are all good ............

Yup Mel and I both good ;)

Edited by Dave2302
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Cheers Casper & NOA,

Hope you and yours are all good ............

Yup Mel and I both good ;)

Yes all good 

22 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Weather is glorious up here and the roads are empty :D :D :D

Good to see you back mate hope you are well and that Hot tubs had a clean if you had some free time :lol:

I was meant to do a Cuillin traverse up your way it had been booked for last week. The one time there is good weather and not a cloud in the sky and its cancelled.

Cheers buddy, yeah, it's nice weather, and deserted roads, makes for great fun stretching the SLK's legs ;)

I'm gonna try this Car with the ESP off soon, I just been out with a Stopwatch, half a tank of Fuel, and did 5 runs to 60 and 5 to 100 ..........................

0-60 = 3.8 ave , Best 3.5

0-100 = 9.6 ave , Best 9.2

But even going a little easier on the Throttle sometimes the Traction still cut the Torque, it may well be I actually need a Wavetrac Diff or an ATB ................

Dunno :rolleyes: .................

It's early days yet, I'm still learning the Car and still shaking it down ;)

There is a definite technique to launching it from standing start, and that IS NOT just mash the Throttle :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

LOL, no midge yet, perhaps the China Virus got the bastards :)

Plenty bugs stuck on my usually immaculate Trade Plates Headlamps and Front Bumper tho ;) ...................

146771505_sam_3651.jpg

146771509_sam_3652.jpg

On a local long uphill straight It's already claimed it's first victim ......................

Absolutely eaten some guy in a nice looking 2009 Porsche, as I caught up behind him I heard him go down a couple of gears and floor it, I pulled out to the right and mashed the SLK, about a half second along side him while the ESP sorted it out and then left it for dead, my SLK just fucked off into the distance :lol:

LOL, you got me thinking ..................

A/C Condenser and Radiator were both Brand New items, yeah, especially down low there's a few bugs, not as many as the Plates and Bumper etc, but I'll need to clean it every now and again after a good long thrash ;) ................

Have to buy one of those little Rad Cleaning comb thingies ;)

11 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, no midge yet, perhaps the China Virus got the bastards :)

Plenty bugs stuck on my usually immaculate Trade Plates Headlamps and Front Bumper tho ;) ...................

146771505_sam_3651.jpg

146771509_sam_3652.jpg

On a local long uphill straight It's already claimed it's first victim ......................

Absolutely eaten some guy in a nice looking 2009 Porsche, as I caught up behind him I heard him go down a couple of gears and floor it, I pulled out to the right and mashed the SLK, about a half second along side him while the ESP sorted it out and then left it for dead, my SLK just fucked off into the distance :lol:

LOL, you got me thinking ..................

A/C Condenser and Radiator were both Brand New items, yeah, especially down low there's a few bugs, not as many as the Plates and Bumper etc, but I'll need to clean it every now and again after a good long thrash ;) ................

Have to buy one of those little Rad Cleaning comb thingies ;)

I once cleaned a radiator with the steam cleaner back in the day on a car

Boy I didn't do that again spent all day straightening the bugger:lol:

Nice to see you have the pre war trade plates like mine,I need to paint them again though as theres not much red left,wait they are at work  and dvla wouldn't let me sorn them

Hang on they are modern plates.,....... you youngurn

Edited by New year revolutions......