Its one of the few cars I remember from the era (the other being Golf GTI). I drove a Vauxhall diesel, I honestly thought it was broken. It wasn't.

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Some of the early vecta used that same isuzi engine I'm sure , 

cant remember casper, was it a 1.7 engine that also sat in the isuzu piazza ?i left vauxhall in 95, calibra was the best one,we did a few of the 2.0 4x4 turbos in 94, thats a very rare car these days.

8 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

cant remember casper, was it a 1.7 engine that also sat in the isuzu piazza ?i left vauxhall in 95, calibra was the best one,we did a few of the 2.0 4x4 turbos in 94, thats a very rare car these days.

Yeah the 1.7 td the cavalier and the vectra the corsa had a 1.5 td I'm not 100 percent but think some of the corsa /combo van had a 1.7 straight diesel but unsure if it was an isuzi think it. Might have been 

Edited by Casper

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yeah the 1.7 td the cavalier and the vectra the corsa had a 1.5 td I'm not 100 percent but think some of the corsa van had a 1.7 straight diesel but unsure if it was an isuzi 

thats the one, i remember a lot of the diesel cars back then were non turbo, that 1.5td started life in the nova, mid 90's was a sweet spot for some brands - some great cars that went on to replaced by uter shite later on, first laguna in 92 was a great car, peugeot 205 306 and 405 were great cars - all replaced by shite!

23 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

we gave him a frontera LWB 2.3 td, easily one of the worst cars of the 90's, registered as a demo we couldnt give it away, forever in the workshop for warranty.

i was at vauxhall stanley county durham, happy days, it was like on the buses never a day without something mental going down, apart from shite fronteras the rest of the range was very good news in the mid 90's, used nova, new corsa, astra, cavalier, tigra, calibra, omega, all winners and network q used cars were still good news.

Can’t remember a Vauxhall Dealer in Stanley.Good punters from Stanley,Craghead and even South Moor ( I wonder if they still eat raw meat up there )

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Can’t remember a Vauxhall Dealer in Stanley.Good punters from Stanley,Craghead and even South Moor ( I wonder if they still eat raw meat up there )

john wheeler of stanley, just out of town on the chester road, site is still there but i think is a used pitch these days.

7 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

thats the one, i remember a lot of the diesel cars back then were non turbo, that 1.5td started life in the nova, mid 90's was a sweet spot for some brands - some great cars that went on to replaced by uter shite later on, first laguna in 92 was a great car, peugeot 205 306 and 405 were great cars - all replaced by shite!

It was a road tax thing

Under 1500cc was middle roadctax so that's why they were good sellers

Used to sell a lot of 999cc fiestas too but only after the rings had been replaced by 50,000 miles because otherwise they were a death trap to drive with absolutely no go yet a fiat uno with the 999 cc fire engine in was superb

Edited by Thestalker

3 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

1.7d Cavaliers were bombproof.I remember one we sold several times,the last time it had done 350k ,same engine .

8 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

john wheeler of stanley, just out of town on the chester road, site is still there but i think is a used pitch these days.

Got it.

7 minutes ago, trade vet said:

1.7d Cavaliers were bombproof.I remember one we sold several times,the last time it had done 350k ,same engine .

yeh good car, and the earlier mk2 was good for a lot of miles, thats the version that the well known "trade expert" got done for clocking during the late 80's lol.

18 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

yeh good car, and the earlier mk2 was good for a lot of miles, thats the version that the well known "trade expert" got done for clocking during the late 80's lol.

Mk2 good car but heavy steering

Mk3 a great car but mk2 drove better sri

Cough cough one of 8 offences cough........

Edited by Thestalker