are you still actively trading ?  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. are you still actively trading ?

• yes
    • no
    • taking orders
    • delivering cars

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/20 at 11:00 PM

10 hours ago, awc1000 said:

not me, after 4 weeks at home l'm so fat i cant fit through the door:blink:

Not currently trading here . Closed as are the other businesses i do some work for 

Think Im losing weight having to eat home cooking most the takeaways are shut and the sit down greasy spoon cafes and Chinese Indian world buffet places are all closed 

saying that the biscuit barrel is going down as well as the crisps multipacks 

think ill have a yoghurt or 2 for lunch bit more healthy 

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

Mainly answering calls and emails from people who think they can still pop down for a test drive and px valuation :rolleyes:

I have taken a couple of deposits though.

Mobile mechanic is still working so he’s going in to sort a few jobs and mots which I’m hoping will help things along when they let us out to play again.

11 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I just concerned that because I'm not running round all day I wont be able to hack it if I ever go back

You will be fine auld yin :lol:

Showroom and workshop closed, however taking deposits from customers and they all fully understand collection won't happen until we're open after we're told to do so. 

4 Deposits so far as they've all seen the video of cars and happy with they see. 

4 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I just concerned that because I'm not running round all day I wont be able to hack it if I ever go back

I have the same concern.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

I have the same concern.

Think we are all the same . Getting bored now all the same theres only so much you can do around the house and so many car shows you can watch esp repeats as well as the old classics minders only fools snd horses the professionals the sweeney etc    

Edited by Casper

I can’t buy my stuff online, so I’ll have to wait for them to open up the auctions again. Can’t see that happening any time soon? I’m guessing the auctions must be losing shed loads of cash. Because correct me if I’m wrong but only proper trade can buy from BCA online. Privates, blue and silver cards can’t buy. Auctions make huge amounts out of that group from the mental buyers premiums?

32 minutes ago, metcars said:

I can’t buy my stuff online, so I’ll have to wait for them to open up the auctions again. Can’t see that happening any time soon? I’m guessing the auctions must be losing shed loads of cash. Because correct me if I’m wrong but only proper trade can buy from BCA online. Privates, blue and silver cards can’t buy. Auctions make huge amounts out of that group from the mental buyers premiums?

BCA online auctions are up and running tomorrow , will be interesting to see which way prices head...north or South ? Good observation re that only proper traders can bid ...

• Like 1

I'm sure BCA would hand out login credentials to anyone that sends them an email at the moment. 

They had a few sales last week, another three tomorrow, Mostly UK Car stuff and a lot of no reserve crap they are trying to clear out. 

I'm still after stock but its hard to find, A lot of the nice fresh stuff on BCA is on Buynow above Cap clean which is a joke.

Aston Barclay have been running the best online sales so far and stock is on sale at realistic prices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I have the same concern.

I've had my brother drop me off a push iron today,I'm surrounded by countryside so I'm going to start using  it, defo no lycra or those stupid hats mind,I would rather die old:D

Are Bca charging the online fee? 

They shouldn't be. 

The online fee needs scrapping as it is but during lockdown it should be suspended.

7 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I've had my brother drop me off a push iron today,I'm surrounded by countryside so I'm going to start using  it, defo no lycra or those stupid hats mind,I would rather die old:D

I actually bought a bike off Facebook marketplace today. Hounded the guy like a Bradford punter on an RS3 for a week for best price kesh and got a steal something that would have been 1200+ 3yrs age and used maybe 3/4 times for £250. 

Think we are a good few weeks before back May aswell make the most of the downtime.

We are still operating mainly through delivery options but Have done a couple of on site deals for key workers following a strict procedure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Highlinev8 said:

I'm sure BCA would hand out login credentials to anyone that sends them an email at the moment. 

You still have to be ‘proper’ trade. So if I were you I’d take advantage of the lack of competition and fill yer boots!

12 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

BCA online auctions are up and running tomorrow , will be interesting to see which way prices head...north or South ? Good observation re that only proper traders can bid ...

I imagine there’s a lot of guys with orders to fill from the last few weeks of lockdown. So my prediction is strong prices. And as I’ve mentioned before, with online auctions only for proper trade you won’t have any ‘hero’s’ bidding you up, at least at the moment until the auctions sort that out. Because they make a lot of money out of the private’s. Not only from high fees but bidding up prices for everything. Private’s and amateurs are the gift that keeps giving for auctions

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:44 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

Just come back from going on the push iron

Gee I forgot how much hard work it was

Theres a part of my body hurting now

I only managed to fall off once when I tangled the chain

So many old brambles to avoid,I might have 100 punctures now

Much easier driving cars:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Baggott said:

Lawgistics said: ‘Selling online is considered running an organised distance selling scheme, so customers could have the right to cancel the contract for UP TO A YEAR after delivery if they are not advised of the right to cancel the contract. Car dealers can also be prosecuted by Trading Standards.’

When they say (I'm including Cazoo) "You have 7 days to try the car out"..........shouldn't that be "You have 14 days to try the car out"? If not, then does it expose them to the risk that someone might cancel up to a year, if the 7 days is prominent and even if the 14 day DSR figure is mentioned somewhere else in the small print?