Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Highlight of 2015

What has been the highlights of the year 2015 for you all?  Focus on the high's not the lows.

• Like 3

Career & Industry Highlights :-

• Winning Car Dealer Magazines 'Dealers Dealer award' in London in November
  • Winning- Highly Commended 'Used Car Dealer of the Year Award' (50-100cars) for the 2nd year running
  • Meeting so many nice people in the trade over the last 12 months
  • Managing to turn this year around despite the NE of Scotland experiencing once its biggest declines in recent years due to the collapse of the oil & Gas Industry resulting in 70,000 job losses.Increasing turnover and profit!
  • Cracking Facebook- which has now resulted in almost 90 cars sold via this Social Media
  • Retaining all my staff for another 12months, including taking on a new Apprentice Technician
  • Opening a Sports & Prestige Car Sales area within Jim Reid Vehicle Sales , under the banner 'ReidLine Performance'
  • Being interviewed for MotortradeRadio.com Podcast 3 times
  • Busting our Finance turnover target again!!!

All this achieved without advertising a single car on Autotrader!

Jim

• Like 7

For me would be simply be, for 6 years I have traded and cut my teeth with partners, and for a couple of years as part of trio.

Well 2015 I was able to break away and set up on my own 100% - make my own decisions and also my mistakes :)

Yes I owe the bank some dosh but it's been a good year overall and hopefully will be a better 2016 for us all!!

• Like 7

Decreasing my average days to sell from 75 in January to around 45 now, all without sacrificing profit - its made a massive impact on bottom line,. But the best thing has to be being able to bring my grandson into the business as an apprentice, seeing him grow and putting the hours in, is the best reward, means its all been worthwhile as it'll all be his sooner or later.

Merry Christmas all and here's to a great 2016

• Like 7