Sign in to follow this  
LINGsCARS

GOOD NEWS FOR CAR DEALERS WHILE NOT TRADING...

Have you had to stop trading for a while? Look on the sunny side!

You can become a "key worker", still qualify for your 80% furlough or self-employed 80% Covid TOP-UP, plus your rates relief or grant... and also your kids get to go to school! And you'll get clapped!

Plus you'll get fit and have the time of your life!

"the government has classified workers under ‘food and other necessary goods’ as key workers. This includes people involved in the production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of food. This means as a key worker you are able to travel to and from work, and your children may still be able to attend their local school."

So, stop moaning about not being able to sell cars, get out there and do something useful instead!

COVID19 CAR DEALERS CLICK HERE

fruitjobs.jpg

Edited by LINGsCARS

I seriously cannot be the only one here that thinks you're a fake spammer surely? 

I still do own a pair of handcuffs... Fluffy ones that the Mrs uses... I might have to cuff you... 

• Like 1

Funnily enough I was thinking about volunteering for fruit and veg picking but there’s not a lot of opportunities in east London. But I needn’t have worried because there appear to be plane loads of Albanians being flown in to help farmers, so that’s good news!

I know there are more important things going on, but the lack of moderation on this site is concerning. If they can't be moderated then put some systems in place to stop attention seekers like the OP from starting thread after thread.

If it was my forum I'd be having a word  or doing something before folk leave and don't come back.

• Like 1

Moderation:

Hang on,  the forum is full of posts saying "bored" or "at a loose end" and people moaning about financial impacts. I'm pointing out this will cure all those things, and keep you fit, and sort out schooling if you have kids.

What's the moderation issue? You have topics started saying "tired of beans and toast" or "week 4 lockdown".

This is very valid! If you're not working and are fit enough, why not get off your fat arses and do something useful and in the national interest?

Even car dealers can pick some fruit. My raspberry canes are coming on a treat, the rhubarb is a metre tall and I might need some itinerant workers soon, on my farm.

I’m just more upset I can’t seem to find this ignore button whilst browsing from a phone.

In fact, picking fruit would be a FANTASTIC month's R&R for most car dealers. It will do you good.

And you get paid! £15 an hour isn't fantastic, but £600 for a week's enjoyment and exercise is not to be sniffed at. £2400 for 4 weeks = as much as the max furlough amount. 

PLUS, you still get your furlough amount, or your self-employed payment.

What's not to like? Have a month without a polyester suit on. In the fresh air. Entirely legally. The weather is lovely. GREAT!

Edited by LINGsCARS

2 hours ago, LINGsCARS said:

Moderation:

Hang on,  the forum is full of posts saying "bored" or "at a loose end" and people moaning about financial impacts. I'm pointing out this will cure all those things, and keep you fit, and sort out schooling if you have kids.

What's the moderation issue? You have topics started saying "tired of beans and toast" or "week 4 lockdown".

This is very valid! If you're not working and are fit enough, why not get off your fat arses and do something useful and in the national interest?

Even car dealers can pick some fruit. My raspberry canes are coming on a treat, the rhubarb is a metre tall and I might need some itinerant workers soon, on my farm.

Its a car dealer forum not a covid 19 things to do forum 

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I’m just more upset I can’t seem to find this ignore button whilst browsing from a phone.

:lol:

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

You can, but its not easy

1. Open you account settings

2. Open Ignored Users

3. Add persons you wish to ignore

4. Select the content types you wish to ignore

5. Click Add User

Its done :)

32 minutes ago, Catalyst Auto said:

You can, but its not easy

1. Open you account settings

2. Open Ignored Users

3. Add persons you wish to ignore

4. Select the content types you wish to ignore

5. Click Add User

Its done :)

Who said that? :P

5 hours ago, metcars said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about volunteering for fruit and veg picking but there’s not a lot of opportunities in east London. But I needn’t have worried because there appear to be plane loads of Albanians being flown in to help farmers, so that’s good news!

I’m volunteering for the Norfolk Mountain Rescue Team?

35 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I'm not volunteering for anything I'm the wrong age

I did try and volunteer to fight the argies at the falkland islands mind

39 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Put me down for that!:P

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

i used to belong to the Lincolnshire one, we had to disband when the pub shut down.

51 minutes ago, Screenman said:

i used to belong to the Lincolnshire one, we had to disband when the pub shut down.

I hear the Birmingham inshore lifeboat is recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Ayers said:

I hear the Birmingham inshore lifeboat is recruiting.

Can you swim a width? in your pyjamas.