James Baggott

Ford of Britain chairman and MD live at midday today

Mr Barratt maybe a nice guy but come on,how can you keep a straight face and say Ford will continue to look after all their dealers and to support the British economy .In reality his boss,the current President of Ford who is from the office furniture business and gets paid $13m is terminating half the dealers,stopping production of many models,closing engine manufacturing plants everywhere and throwing thousands out of work to bet the company future on electric vehicles.

Ford are always tight as hell.

A paramedic customer (Andy, who is had a new Focus from me) noticed last month (March) that Ford had changed policy on Breakdown Cover for its new Ford cars.

Ford had scrapped it completely for cars on Ford Lease documents, unless the customer took an overpriced IMHO full maintenance contract.

Well, I made swift contact with my pal EDMUND (the President of the AA) and just 2-days later, Ford UK magically make the change to their penny-pinching policy. (Except for Motability customers, they still have to get out of their frukin' wheelchairs and PUUUSSSSH!)

It's nice to have friends like this, and the customer ANDY (and many others) is REALLY pleased.

Glad Ford saw sense. And EDMUND deserves his OBE 1f642.png

edmund-ford.jpg

edmund-word.jpg

9 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Ford are always tight as hell.

A paramedic customer (Andy, who is had a new Focus from me) noticed last month (March) that Ford had changed policy on Breakdown Cover for its new Ford cars.

Ford had scrapped it completely for cars on Ford Lease documents, unless the customer took an overpriced IMHO full maintenance contract.

Well, I made swift contact with my pal EDMUND (the President of the AA) and just 2-days later, Ford UK magically make the change to their penny-pinching policy. (Except for Motability customers, they still have to get out of their frukin' wheelchairs and PUUUSSSSH!)

It's nice to have friends like this, and the customer ANDY (and many others) is REALLY pleased.

Glad Ford saw sense. And EDMUND deserves his OBE 1f642.png

edmund-ford.jpg

edmund-word.jpg

Surely thats not going to help ford win much motability customers . If i was in a disabled persons position id be looking elsewhere   

Edited by Casper

I think ford are just slashing costs left right and centre. As ever. It would be better if their engines stopped blowing up. That's why I was concerned re the breakdown stuff.

14 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I think ford are just slashing costs left right and centre. As ever. It would be better if their engines stopped blowing up. That's why I was concerned re the breakdown stuff.

I get why you would be concerned ling 

off-topic but I've bought a few ex lease cars vans and on the log book for example some will say motabilty finance c/o job blogs others will simply say motabilty finance 

same with business/personal lease cars i have had arval c/o a furniture renovation company and have had just ald automotive with no name 

seems no right nor reason i guess it just depends who sends the document application off  in the first place .. 

@Contracts you will maybe know the answer also 

Ps can tell im getting bored lol never thought of it before 

Edited by Casper

There might be some technical reason, like the contract type. 

I never see the V5, so never know (and don't really care) :) heh

3 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

There might be some technical reason, like the contract type. 

I never see the V5, so never know (and don't really care) :) heh

Doesn't really affect me either was just curious as i say getting bored :lol: can only count some many imperfections on the wall and ceiling lol 

so i guess lingcars act as an agent for various lease companies .?

Edited by Casper

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Doesn't really affect me either was just curious as i say getting bored :lol: can only count some many imperfections on the wall and ceiling lol 

so i guess lingcars act as an agent for various lease companies .?

casper, in fact no. I have no relationships with any lease companies. They hate my marketing, sex, profile etc (!) I'm on that secret blacklist. I market deals from franchised dealers, give them the orders. Easy, peasy, but less margin than dealing direct with finco. 

2 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

casper, in fact no. I have no relationships with any lease companies. They hate my marketing, sex, profile etc (!) I'm on that secret blacklist. I market deals from franchised dealers, give them the orders. Easy, peasy, but less margin than dealing direct with finco. 

Good business strategy so the car then gets delivered direct from the main dealer through there lease company ford leasing for example 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Good business strategy so the car then gets delivered direct from the main dealer through there lease company ford leasing for example 

Yes, or even better not touching the main dealer. So a Citroen would go direct from Sandtoft (M180, Scunthorpe way), on a GEFCO truck. Never ever seeing  main dealer. Cheaper, faster, simpler. And customers love big trucks turning up at their house :) hahaha

3 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Yes, or even better not touching the main dealer. So a Citroen would go direct from Sandtoft (M180, Scunthorpe way), on a GEFCO truck. Never ever seeing  main dealer. Cheaper, faster, simpler. And customers love big trucks turning up at their house :) hahaha

Thanks best wishes for the future 

34 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I market deals from franchised dealers, give them the orders. Easy, peasy, but less margin than dealing direct with finco. 

franchised dealers are closed?

Edited by have a word with the wife

All Motability Contract hire vehicles come with breakdown/assistance cover as part of the scheme, a long with insurance and maintenance, so no need for any cover for them. 

3 minutes ago, MAP said:

All Motability Contract hire vehicles come with breakdown/assistance cover as part of the scheme, a long with insurance and maintenance, so no need for any cover for them. 

That makes more sense ..