James Baggott

Will online car sales allow dealers back to work sooner?

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

I agree To be fair does have a good business which has been trading for a number of years I've looked at cars from her before and vans as leasing looked liked an option at one point for a non motor trade business i was involved in at the the time but Was cheaper in the long run buying cars at a year old which in the long run worked out cheaper cause after the 4 year period the cars still had as value and could be sold on as 5 years  with above average miles without paying the premium per month due to the annual on the lease .though I've a friend who leases his cars every 2 years and insists he can find better deals online than ling could match he's  had a couple of good deals so far  

in-fact we actually bought one of his return cars from bca .  

Still not convinced.

Which kind of person in their right mind would buy after looking at a site like that? 

Seems like a 1999 Teletext competition :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Still not convinced.

Which kind of person in their right mind would buy after looking at a site like that? 

Seems like a 1999 Teletext competition :rolleyes:

I agree the website is a bit wacky and out there though thats for sure . Teletext now theres a blast from the past .

Edited by Casper

On 4/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, James Baggott said:

What we know so far is in that article I wrote yesterday. We don't know if online sales will be the release for dealers to get back to work - but it certainly has been in the States.

Or was it something else definitive needed? Let me know

I think Ford of Britain boss Andy Barratt's comments in today's Car Dealer Live were interesting on this - he said when it comes to car sales lockdown should mean lockdown

Read it here https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ford-boss-lockdown-means-lockdown-no-one/189914

I understood that car dealers in the US are deemed an essential service? Maybe not?

As mentioned above there’s the moral dilemma to consider, it’s not so much the ‘could’ but rather the ‘should’? I’m an ‘extremely vulnerable’ person with a dodgy ticker and hypertension. I’m not keen to let the metaphorical drawbridge down quite yet for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Ling could be dealing in any product from central heating systems to cars,Its a commodity to her only

This is true, as i said, these are consumer goods.

My website is beautiful, it gets a lot of exposure on TV and in newspapers. If it was "standard" or boring, it wouldn't.

Here are 2 clips from Channel 4 News, who use me a lot (I'm unsure why more people don't get their businesses on TV- for free): Figure how much this was worth? £thousands.

Edited by LINGsCARS

2 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I've got signed orders for 3 x cars today, it's been a Skoda/Renault day today. A new Kamiq, a new Scala and a new Ren Kadjar. I spread them over 2 different dealers. Both franchiseed dealers are VERY chipper about these cars from heaven at this time.

People obviously order cars from me and my website. Nit.

This is the advert (on FB) I sold the Kadjar from. A bit rough at the edges, but it worked! Took 5 mins to make - can you tell? heh.

Note to JB: this is to show how "awful" marketing sells cars. I'm not trying to sell this car to visitors to your forum.

kadjar-kovid.jpg

Edited by LINGsCARS

10 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I've got signed orders for 3 x cars today, it's been a Skoda/Renault day today. A new Kamiq, a new Scala and a new Ren Kadjar. I spread them over 2 different dealers. Both franchiseed dealers are VERY chipper about these cars from heaven at this time.

People obviously order cars from me and my website. Nit.

Ling couple of questions whats your choice of daily driver apart from the tank. 

And what put the idea in you head to start your business in cars   

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

Ling couple of questions whats your choice of daily driver apart from the tank. 

And what put the idea in you head to start your business in cars   

I have a 2004 TT convertible (the old shape) 3.2. Nice little car, juicy though. 100k

BUT>>> due to the virus, and as a complete coincidence my NIG motor trade policy (any vehicle etc) was for renewal end March, I've stopped it completely and for now have insured only a 56 plate Ren Master Luton (the most useful vehicle I have), so all my cars, 1965 LR S2, 1994 RR Classic, and other various stuff and my TT are now undriveable. I slashed overheads massively 1 month ago. It's a bleeding competition, now, and I wanted to stop bleeding. Saved £6000 on that policy. But needed £300 for the master and a further £300 for stand-alone employee and public liability. Pragmatic.

==

My hubby Jon was a car salesman, and I thought "I can do better than that", so I did. I'd just finished a Master Degree at Bournemouth in... 1999? First cars I sold were £99 Daewoo Matiz and £129/mth Cit Picassos. Remember them?

Edited by LINGsCARS

2 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I have a 2004 TT convertible (the old shape) 3.2. Nice little car, juicy though. 100k

BUT>>> due to the virus, and as a complete coincidence my NIG motor trade policy (any vehicle etc) was for renewal end March, I've stopped it completely and for now have insured only a 56 plate Ren Master Luton (the most useful vehicle I have), so all my cars, 1965 LR S2, 1994 RR Classic, and other various stuff and my TT are now undriveable. I slashed overheads massively 1 month ago. It's a bleeding competition, now, and I wanted to stop bleeding. Saved £6000 on that policy. But needed £300 for the master and a further £300 for stand-alone employee and public liability. Pragmatic.

==

My hubby Jon was a car salesman, and I thought "I can do better than that", so I did. I'd just finished a Master Degree at Bournemouth in... 1999? First cars I sold were £99 Daewoo Matiz and £129/mth Cit Picassos. Remember them?

Thanks ling yeah remember them well bought a few . Same with the matiz  

20 minutes ago, Casper said:

Thanks ling yeah remember them well bought a few . Same with the matiz  

F@£/!?& Picasso. Years ago I took one over to Calais to get some food shopping and the cooling fan seized! Spent most of the day trying to get a spare using my grammar school French. Golden days!

Edited by metcars

5 minutes ago, metcars said:

Fucking Picasso. Years ago I took one over to Calais to get some food shopping and the cooling fan seized! Spent most of the day trying to get a spare using my grammar school French. Golden days!

Careful. Baguette will have you.

3 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Careful. Baguette will have you.

Whoops!

I’m sure he’ll cut me some slack, we’re all dealers close to the edge! :)

4 minutes ago, metcars said:

Whoops!

I’m sure he’ll cut me some slack, we’re all dealers close to the edge! :)

Or agree with you lol

Is ling that guy who had a lot of money and went in partnership with that old boy who got ill / died? 

He used to talk some dreamland stuff... My guess is he is ling..

19 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Is ling that guy who had a lot of money and went in partnership with that old boy who got ill / died? 

He used to talk some dreamland stuff... My guess is he is ling..

Such a police officer thing to say. Way off the mark though detective.

Lucas is a man, in the south in business for a year / 18 months who soaked everything up and was doing really well. Polite, grateful for the advice and took things on board. 

Ling is a lease company owner, very successful in her own field but definitely not Lucas she has been going much longer and completely different field. 

Ling - direct question does posting here improve your business ranking via google / keyword etc as its relevant to motor trade or are you here to participate and get involved. 

4 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Ling - direct question does posting here improve your business ranking via google / keyword etc as its relevant to motor trade or are you here to participate and get involved. 

No, I'm just bored with the virus thing. Sat glued to my PC at home, taking car orders and answering customers. I thought there might be some "real" car dealers on here that may have marketing tips... :)

12 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

No, I'm just bored with the virus thing. Sat glued to my PC at home, taking car orders and answering customers. I thought there might be some "real" car dealers on here that may have marketing tips... :)

No, we’re all losers!

Back to the OP topic...

Look, here's a BMW dealer trying to get me to shift 12 of his stock cars. Just sent this email to me, now. Notice there's no corporate BMW brand bullshit, here. Car is car. Could be Kia Picantos. Consumer goods. "Sun Pro" = that Corsa-type tinted cling film from Halfords. BMW call it Sun Protection.

These are for delivery after lockdown, but no reason they can't be sold, now.

I just upsell to increase commission, add VAT and resell. Easy. No reason any of you lot couldn't move new BMWs (or any car) like this...

...I would think online is the way to go, at the moment.

The trick is web-traffic, get eyes-on the deals. It's a numbers game.

bmw-stock.jpg

Here's  a funny page;

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/14045/ling-and-buy

I am officially a Honest John HAT award winner

I know you would all be impressed :)

hat-award-large.jpg

ling-blood.png

Edited by LINGsCARS

Is this any different to someone else coming on offering driving licenses or counterfeit money?

It looks like spam to me......

I think Rory is right.... its just to boost her google rankings.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Such a police officer thing to say. Way off the mark though detective.

Lucas is a man, 

For the record, young man, he did talk dreamland. He used to get laughed at on here. He had something like £200k and it was like he is going to chuck it away...hence i remembered him. 

Excuse me for using clues to recall stuff... Memory loss

i have visited other leasing sites on google to see if they are delivering.

one rather large one quotes home deliveries will resume post-lockdown

another quotes =" our major lenders have bent over backwards to assist. And although they are unable to collect any vehicles currently, they are taking the details of people wishing to off-hire and will make arrangements for collections as soon as they are able"

and a third "we are closed" 

this was just a simple stab at leasing on google,

interesting, and we even have ford saying, as i have, LOCKDOWN IS LOCKDOWN, and given my point of view of how, by carrying on trading, putting the nhs at risk, bedblocking i call it !

yet, we continue to see, and admire ? someone who, up to  2 week ago, a lot of people on here, have never even heard of, boasting 1 taking orders, 2 delivering cars and 3, bombarding us with tacky advertising, and obviously not a seller of used cars .

I fully fully understand that some of you on here will be delivering cars, maybe one car, might be two, but, you will have realised this can not continue, there will be various reasons, can not get stock, painter is closed etc, and i forgive that, honestly do.

we also see quoted that car dealerships are "absent without leave" so obviously struggling to get stock.

If i was trading and on furlough ? would not other dealers of cars be a little upset that i was taking the bread from there mouths, blatantly ignoring government advice, and help i must say ! [furlough].

can i quote what ford man said on dealer live = 

‘Reputations will be won and lost through the lockdown and consumers have incredibly long memories. The population as a whole are so concerned with what’s going on that if we’re seen to be showing little regard for what is something in everyone’s interest, then shame on us.’ 

and how bloody true is that ?

you see, and i do not care if you take this wrong, and james feel free to delete this post if you wish, no problem no offence taken, i remember the miners strike, i remember the hardships, the suffering AND THE SCABS, and ling is a SCAB.

The usual Facebook suspects are busy selling as usual I see? A lot of people seem to be interpreting the rules of the lockdown in a way that suits themselves. 

I wonder if the companies that pay to advertise on this forum are happy for ling to do it for free?

Edited by metcars

Nowt wrong with what ling has been doing for many years,  the new lease trade does not really affect what the majority of dealers on here are doing anyway - selling used cars.

you could even be controversial and say in the 20 odd years since lings rocket launcher appeared on the side of the A1 she has contributed a lot of tax and vat into the coffers - enough to keep a few of the members on here in an inflated early pension so that they can come out of retirement and play at being car dealers............:lol:.

regards supplying lease cars during lock down - bad morals? well yes maybe, but the way lease supply is going i understand if business is still being done, a recent example (pre lock down) i witnessed which shocked me how slick it can be these days - new citroen van sold, van landed/  entered country at portbury docks and was pdi'd at dock and delivered direct to the customer in cornwall from the dock (look up GEFCO portbury). bmw are even having lease stock pdi'd in transit on the boat.

regards the current rules, well gov.co.uk currently list storage and distribution facilities as exempt from lock down,so maybe there is some business currently being done legit? 

Car showrooms are closed, ...because you'll kill the customers. Obviously, everyone knows car salesmen are sweaty and their breath can be putrid even pre-virus. These days, it can kill. You may as well mainline Covid19 via IV injection if you visit a car dealership. May as well boil the virus up on a used teaspoon and jab that sucker in, between your customer's middle toes.

Online car sales aren't banned ...because the virus can only go via 5G and you ain't got 5G at home yet. Or something. You don't catch Covid from your home PC.

Storage and distribution facilities are exempt from lock down... there is no rule saying WHAT is in the storage or distribution. Could be Amazon crap - being sold like mad, pet food (I got some delivered yesterday), sex toys, newspapers, digestive biscuits... or it could be new cars. ALL ARE ALLOWED. 

you see, and i do not care if you take this wrong, and james feel free to delete this post if you wish, no problem no offence taken, i remember the miners strike, i remember the hardships, the suffering AND THE SCABS, and ling is a SCAB.

A SCAB?? Really?? Because I'm selling online? There is no chance of killing customers, online. Nit/Idiot (choose your insult). You are online NOW, reading this... and are you being infected? Only being infected with common sense, so keep on reading. Maggie Maggie Maggie!

Indeed the Government says, if you can work from home, you should do so. ...So I am. ...I am STAYING AT HOME >>> PROTECTING THE NHS >>> SELLING CARS. Just because I don't have a dinosaur model of a car pitch which relies on VICTIMS (usually in person) rocking up at physical cars doesn't make me a scab. Or should I be NOT WORKING out of sympathy with car dealers with pitches? Oh, ...hang on... I'm NOT a car dealer! That's the popular vote I think.

I am NOT "trading and on furlough". I am not on furlough, me. Sometimes people can really talk out of their ass.

===

And finally Rory/Stalker if you think this very sparsely populated forum boosts Google rankings, you don't get the online thing at all. The stuff I did at the weekend, the Daily Mirror item, The Sun item, all the backlinks from them, THEY boost Google rankings. In fact Google ranking isn't my main route to market. I spend £0 on SEO. Idiots.

bombarding us with tacky advertising

HOW DARE YOU! My advertising is very tasteful and of the highest quality.

kuga.jpg

weight.jpg

mercpickup.jpg

CHEAP.jpg

bmw-218.jpg

Surely *someone* here has a sense of humour?

Edited by LINGsCARS
  • Like 1