James Baggott

Will online car sales allow dealers back to work sooner?

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

Thanks ling yes and you do very well at it .and do it well 

ive always liked the way you advertise website etc and if i ever need or have a reason to lease vehicles or any friend or customer who does i would recommend your company to them ( if i get you a customer you can send me a badge or a mug lol )  

Exactly what your saying in my point that i was saying to the dealer principal Every job is different and i believe it would be easier to sell a new car or even a used car in a main dealer setting than working for home or for a used car forecourt . 

Take care and may you and your family and staff stay well and take care . 

Still waiting for my mug!

Casper, I'm unused to the politeness and kind remarks :)

My staff are fine, my family out of hospital, back home in China and I'm stuck in my bloody farm in luxury (loads of space, food, 5 acres) What's not to like apart from the slow sales rate and franchised car dealers absent without leave. :)

1 minute ago, metcars said:

FFS hahahaha, I need to break the lockdown to draw a cock on a mug and post it to you... do I even have an address?

9 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Casper, I'm unused to the politeness and kind remarks :)

My staff are fine, my family out of hospital, back home in China and I'm stuck in my bloody farm in luxury (loads of space, food, 5 acres) What's not to like apart from the slow sales rate and franchised car dealers absent without leave. :)

My dad always said to me that manners cost nothing Ling. he has dementia and Alzheimer's now  but his words always stick in my mind that and its nice to be nice and treat others how you like to be treated  so i try to do that . 

11 minutes ago, metcars said:

Sure it will be there after lock down talking of mugs ive a mike brewer motors one somewhere that he sent me years ago 

Edited by Casper

Casper, that's nice. I often type things with a smile but people take it wrongly. I guess everyone here is rough-tough car dealers, but in fact there seem to be many more sensitive souls.

1 minute ago, LINGsCARS said:

Casper, that's nice. I often type things with a smile but people take it wrongly. I guess everyone here is rough-tough car dealers, but in fact there seem to be many more sensitive souls.

:lol:

20 minutes ago, Casper said:

My dad always said to me that manners cost nothing Ling. he has dementia and Alzheimer's now  but his words always stick in my mind that and its nice to be nice and treat others how you like to be treated  so i try to do that . 

Sure it will be there after lock down talking of mugs ive a mike brewer motors one somewhere that he sent me years ago 

Snap! But mike didn’t draw a cock on mine?

3 minutes ago, metcars said:

Or mine lol just remembered when mugs came up actually thought it was decent of him at the time . 

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

Ling

Your business is not remotely comparable to the that of the rest of us on here.  You are basically acting as a go-between - an agent, you are not 'selling' cars.  I suspect you seldom see the cars or the customers.  I also suspect that most of your customers visit franchised dealers to inspect and test drive potential purchases. Once they have taken delivery of the car you are out of the equation and unless something very very untoward happens then they won't interact with you again until the lease comes to an end.

The guys on here, like me, are buying used cars, preparing/repairing them, taking customers on test drives, explaining features, trying to stop them buying the 'wrong' car, negotiating on price and then dealing with all the aftersales issues - possibly servicing the car subsequently.

We need to know what our market will buy, how to evaluate a car, estimate preparation costs.,  what to buy and what to avoid, how to structure a P/X-finance deal. How to calm an irate customer.... the list goes on and on.  

In my view (and I don't mean this in a nasty way) you are not a car dealer.

thankyou..............

15 minutes ago, metcars said:

Perhaps he’ll let you draw a mug on his cock. Mr. Baggott could ask on your behalf  on the webinar.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Perhaps he’ll let you draw a mug on his cock. Mr. Baggott could ask on your behalf  on the webinar.

That’s one webinar I’d have to watch! :D

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I’ve got his signature somewhere indoors. I don’t even like him?:D

10 minutes ago, metcars said:

That’s one webinar I’d have to watch! :D

I’ve got his signature somewhere indoors. I don’t even like him?:D

You win i don't have that lol 

6 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

@LINGsCARS

What is your model? Do you not buy stock like the rest of us? 

Do tell me am bored. Need something to read :lol:

:)

38 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

@LINGsCARS

What is your model? Do you not buy stock like the rest of us? 

Do tell me am bored. Need something to read :lol:

My model is 

1) get lease deals on new cars

2) sell the deals to customers

3) place car order with the dealer

4) do finance paper

5) get dealer to deliver car.

6) dealers pay me commission

===

Why would I want to buy stock? That's a mug's game. No stock, no overheads, no advertising, no pitch, just a website.

I never see

a) the customer

b) the dealer

c) the cars

But, I move 800-1000 new cars a year, so unless i am a magician, I think I'm a car dealer.

======

And Brewer? Hmm, don't mention him, we have history. He was 100% horrible to me, threatened to shut me down (on Pistonheads). So I was horrible back. I have all the screen grabs some where... he was trying to undercut my deals by forgetting to add VAT on his website (to consumers).

Ling V Brewer if you have an hour... 28 pages Pistonheads https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1482333

Edited by LINGsCARS

1 hour ago, LINGsCARS said:

My model is 

4) do finance paper

===

Why would I want to buy stock? That's a mug's game. No stock, no overheads, no advertising, no pitch, just a website.

I never see

a) the customer

b) the dealer

c) the cars

But, I move 800-1000 new cars a year, so unless i am a magician, I think I'm a car dealer.

======

And Brewer? Hmm, don't mention him, we have history. He was 100% horrible to me, threatened to shut me down (on Pistonheads). So I was horrible back. I have all the screen grabs some where... he was trying to undercut my deals by forgetting to add VAT on his website (to consumers).

Ling V Brewer if you have an hour... 28 pages Pistonheads https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1482333

So at £200 per vehicle you're making £200k?

But why they come to you and not go to Dealer directly? Are you a company or one man band? 

Sounds interesting. I understand the mugs game... Lol I feel like a mug sometime. The phone doesn't ring for months then it doesn't stop ringing for years :lol:

TangoVictor

"I'm" a company. LINGsCARS.com Ltd. But I'm still me, Ling, Chinese female lunatic.

"They" (customers) come to me (I think) because 

a) I market effectively

b) I offer a fantastic service

c) My prices are cheaper (usually, not always) especially due to very low overheads

d) My communication is really effective/efficient. And I deal with people personally.

e) I'm competing with an industry that doesn't market well, has a fairly rigid old-fashioned way of communicating and selling (drive to the dealer, pay salesmen on commission), and customers often don't like the experience. People see the ridiculous-ness of £££multi-million dealerships trying to market "great deals". It's a nonsense. We all have the same new cars.

f) I have fun.

...and I make lots more than £200 a car, usually.

13 hours ago, LINGsCARS said:

My model is 

4) do finance paper

===

I never see

a) the customer

b) the dealer

c) the cars

======

I think your mistake was bothering with PH at all. I’ve found that these sorts of ‘enthusiast forums’ mostly consist of people that have absolutely no idea how a real business works? And think that ‘wheeler dealers’ is a workable business?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LINGsCARS said:

My model is 

4) do finance paper

===

I never see

a) the customer

b) the dealer

c) the cars

No you are not a car dealer because you are not buying or selling anything. You are an agent/broker acting for leasing companies and paid a comission. A 'middleman' and part of the financial services sector.  You correctly identify who the dealer is in your post above ('5' and 'b') in your two lists. 

You are not selling cars and you are not marketing cars, you are marketing financial deals. Your customer has most likely already decided which car to buy, the spec. and the colour (probably as a result of visiting a dealer and having a test drive).  They then trawl the internet looking for the best leasing price. When they pay money for the car they pay the financer, you take a commission.

You are not a dealer in the same way that my insurance broker is not an insurance company and a mortgage broker is not a bank or a builder.

I am not knocking or criticising what you do. Good luck to you. But what you do is far removed from what used car dealers are doing. The kind of marketing that you do is not relevant to most of us.

The key skills in being a successful used car dealer is (a) knowing how to buy used cars you can make a profit on, and (b) interpersonal skills - handling your customers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

No you are not a car dealer because you are not buying or selling anything. You are an agent/broker acting for leasing companies and paid a comission. A 'middleman' and part of the financial services sector.  You correctly identify who the dealer is in your post above ('5' and 'b') in your two lists. 

You are not selling cars and you are not marketing cars, you are marketing financial deals. Your customer has most likely already decided which car to buy, the spec. and the colour (probably as a result of visiting a dealer and having a test drive).  They then trawl the internet looking for the best leasing price. When they pay money for the car they pay the financer, you take a commission.

You are not a dealer in the same way that my insurance broker is not an insurance company and a mortgage broker is not a bank or a builder.

I am not knocking or criticising what you do. Good luck to you. But what you do is far removed from what used car dealers are doing. The kind of marketing that you do is not relevant to most of us.

The key skills in being a successful used car dealer is (a) knowing how to buy used cars you can make a profit on, and (b) interpersonal skills - handling your customers. 

Ling first of all i will start off by saying i like you and your business and even the wacky marketing catches my eye though with no offence intended i  would call you a lease agent not a car salesperson or car dealer  as halfpenny has said above.

@LINGsCARS

Is that your website? You get 800+ deals? 

I got a headache after looking at that. 

Looks like a kiddies website and fake / scam... 

Are you being serious??? 

56 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

And of course meeting people face to face

The thing is second hand cars is a people to people business and I think a lot of people are forgetting this

I sell a lot of my cars because although the customer came to see me via an advert or a recommendation they buy off me because they trust me and like the ways I do business

You can put anything in an advert like being established c45 years but I'm sorry to say in the whole its ignored

Unless you are selling a car that is a particular spec or selling it on price you need a USPS in this business

I cant see that changing anytime soon

Ling could be dealing in any product from central heating systems to cars,Its a commodity to her only

17 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

@LINGsCARS

Is that your website? You get 800+ deals? 

I got a headache after looking at that. 

Looks like a kiddies website and fake / scam... 

Are you being serious??? 

website is like a acid trip.... im getting flashbacks already

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

website is like a acid trip.... im getting flashbacks already

I think he/she is winding us up. 

800 sales a year at more than £200 commission per vehicle? 

Looks like an early 2000s site. 

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I think he/she is winding us up. 

800 sales a year at more than £200 commission per vehicle? 

Looks like an early 2000s site. 

I’m sure TradeVet will give a full analysis, as that is his thing, but to me it looks a very healthy company.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I’m sure TradeVet will give a full analysis, as that is his thing, but to me it looks a very healthy company.

I agree To be fair does have a good business which has been trading for a number of years I've looked at cars from her before and vans as leasing looked liked an option at one point for a non motor trade business i was involved in at the the time but Was cheaper in the long run buying cars at a year old which in the long run worked out cheaper cause after the 4 year period the cars still had as value and could be sold on as 5 years  with above average miles without paying the premium per month due to the annual on the lease .though I've a friend who leases his cars every 2 years and insists he can find better deals online than ling could match he's  had a couple of good deals so far  

in-fact we actually bought one of his return cars from bca .