LINGsCARS

*** TACKLING THE DEATH VIRUS HEAD ON ***

It's been reported in The Guardian that "Chinese in UK report 'shocking' levels of racism after coronavirus outbreak"

Well, not reported by me. I was born in China (guess that makes me seem Chinese, but I'm bloody Blitish now). Apart from a couple of daft comments by thick car salesmen types which I'd struggle to call racist (more mis-placed xenophobia), I've had no issues. 

I decided a while ago to tackle the virus thing head on.

I started with this front-page promo, by grasping the obvious Chinese Elephant in the Room thing head on...

world-death-virus-promo-old.gif

No customer complaints...

...but when attacked by a rabid Scottish used banger dealer who even re-tweeted it to Nicola Sturgeon in a pique of false "oootrage" (maybe the Buckfast and valium talking) - but clearly Nicola Sturgeon can f**k right off ... I decided to tone it down to a more politically acceptable version (below):

world-death-virus-promo.gif

Frankly, I think adult customers appreciate the Death Virus being confronted rather than tip-toed around with wish-washy nonsense PR statements. 

Finance props (at a rate of 3 a day lately) & after acceptance, car orders (at a rate of 1 a day - today's was for a pre-reg LR Evokki, yesterday's was a stock Mini, Monday's was a Golf R estate...that's still sat in Emden, DRAT) have still been trickling in, so it doesn't seem to have offended my customers. (Albeit this is 20% of the rate of pre-virus when on average I was doing 5 car orders a day - about 100/mth).

It's a bleeding contest out there, and I think differentiation really helps. I'm really happy to be supporting struggling dealers by sending new car orders to them. I wish I could do more.

- Ling

Edited by LINGsCARS

Yes it is better to confront it head on, we are all in this together.

Your a roaster, you can’t say Chinese people are being subject to racist abuse then making what could be deemed as derogatory racist remarks about Scottish people. Away and have some bat soup:blink:

49 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Your a roaster, you can’t say Chinese people are being subject to racist abuse then making what could be deemed as derogatory racist remarks about Scottish people. Away and have some bat soup:blink:

Oh, was that racist? Are the Scottish a race? Or just a northern breakaway faction of British?  :)

Just to be clear, (pretty uniquely here I guess) I am bloody Blitish according to my passsport, but am not English, Scotch, N Irish or Welsh. So I don't have much skin in that internal UK identity game some Scots love to bang on about.

My best pal Ya Jun did make me a lovely video celebrating the Scots for the failed referendum in 2014. See how many Scottish things you can spot in the video. I will award prizes if anyone notices Jim Reid.

Edited by LINGsCARS

15 minutes ago, metcars said:

0:29 what’s my prize?:P

You mean the one with the ginger sideburns and the bagpipes?

53 minutes ago, metcars said:

0:29 what’s my prize?:P

VERIFIED!

Jim Reid image has been verified by Umesh. You win a LINGsCARS WAH! mug. Holly will box it up as soon as she's back from furlough.

mugs.jpg

• Thanks 1

Cool mugs ling 

41 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

You mean the one with the ginger sideburns and the bagpipes?

39 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

VERIFIED!

Jim Reid image has been verified by Umesh. You win a LINGsCARS WAH! mug. Holly will box it up as soon as she's back from furlough.

mugs.jpg

It will go on my small but not insignificant trophy cabinet! :)

Many thanks by the way!

Edited by metcars

Does Holly personally sign the underside of every mug?

Right, you lot. I know there's a beef online between Ling and others - and I'm sort of fed up playing the referee in the middle of it all.

@LINGsCARS - pick up the phone to me - as per my DM - and we can have a chat... I love your passion and your business. Please just try not to wind people up.

Let's all try and be nice to each other. The world is a crap place right now and dirt slinging simply isn't needed.

I get that the above maybe intended to be lighthearted, but come on, let's think about things before posting.

I've spoken to all others concerned and agree there has been fuel added to the fire on all sides. 

Let's shake hands, nod in that way you do in the playground when the teacher has told you to kiss and make up - and concentrate on building all our respective businesses so we can crack on when we all get back to normal.

Here's an idea - let's all go outside for Easter and enjoy some sunshine. Maybe the Vitamin D will chill everyone out.

Much love, peace, etc

James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James Baggott said:

Right, you lot. I know there's a beef online between Ling and others - and I'm sort of fed up playing the referee in the middle of it all.

@LINGsCARS - pick up the phone to me - as per my DM - and we can have a chat... I love your passion and your business. Please just try not to wind people up.

Let's all try and be nice to each other. The world is a crap place right now and dirt slinging simply isn't needed.

I get that the above maybe intended to be lighthearted, but come on, let's think about things before posting.

I've spoken to all others concerned and agree there has been fuel added to the fire on all sides. 

Let's shake hands, nod in that way you do in the playground when the teacher has told you to kiss and make up - and concentrate on building all our respective businesses so we can crack on when we all get back to normal.

Here's an idea - let's all go outside for Easter and enjoy some sunshine. Maybe the Vitamin D will chill everyone out.

Much love, peace, etc

James

I disagree James, she posts inflammatory topics with regards to car salesman, whether it's to provoke a response or she has a mind boggling level of self awareness I'm not sure

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

I disagree James, she posts inflammatory topics with regards to car salesman, whether it's to provoke a response or she has a mind boggling level of self awareness I'm not sure

Today was just fun. I had a dig at JR but it was funny. No one could possibly be upset and the stuff about Sturgeon was 100% true, not made up. The rest was nothing to do with him, I was just responding to comments. I kind of agree with James. But James knows I have been taking stick, away from this forum.

1 minute ago, metcars said:

Just to be clear, I still get a mug?

:)

Is it really the mug you want or what’s on the underside? :lol:

20 minutes ago, BHM said:

Is it really the mug you want or what’s on the underside? :lol:

:D

We all know Lings ‘rocket launcher’ is a phallic symbol?

Edited by metcars