have a word with the wife

what goes around..........

Few year ago i was dragged through the courts, yes a car, claiming car was = misdescribed, faulty since collection, onto car hire, lost wages, stress, storage, and then costs, up to £3k for the additions alone, maybe more, judge to decide.

This customer had been looked after 100% up to the point they broke it, clearly not my problem, even though tried to help them in that department, so it turned sour, demanded full refund, nothing less, it would have been easier to just cave in, [ and cheaper if guilty] but, explained to them in detail, calmly, not my problem, so they decided to put me through 9 month of paper work going back and forth through the court system, hours and hours researching how the "claims" system works etc etc,

As you know its 50/50 with these cases, so always a concern, so, with proper methodical defence i got a case dismissed, they appealed, and got a case dismissed again.

Well, as you do, you tend to keep your eye out on these kind of people, and i learned yesterday, there "business" has gone bust :lol: AND they have missed out on the grant:D

nasty people................what goes around..........

• Haha 2

The drinks are on you then in the virtual pub

I'll have a double

A Word in your shell like from from arthur daley is -‐---‐-‐‐‐-‐never get the first round in first‐--‐------:lol:

Wise words my son,  wise words

Well done you stalker:)

Phone them & offer your condolences.

15 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Just checked.That video must have been cheap,it was shot on the Thames in 83.Fast forward 10 years and record companies were spending 500 grand on videos and still making money.Now the job is shot with downloaded  music .......a bit like when AT went online !

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Just checked.That video must have been cheap,it was shot on the Thames in 83.Fast forward 10 years and record companies were spending 500 grand on videos and still making money.Now the job is shot with downloaded  music .......a bit like when AT went online !

At least with it online they cant put the wrong photos up so you lost over 10 days business 

I might dig out all my library photos I used to do in the auction:lol:in the car park during the afternoon,other people thought I was a train spotter lost me way

As forvideosmthese days it's no clothing on the females,very suggestive body language and I dont hear the music of course I too busy ogling:D

21 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

At least with it online they cant put the wrong photos up so you lost over 10 days business 

I might dig out all my library photos I used to do in the auction:lol:in the car park during the afternoon,other people thought I was a train spotter lost me way

As forvideosmthese days it's no clothing on the females,very suggestive body language and I dont hear the music of course I too busy ogling:D

Old photos from auctions,would like to see some of those.

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Old photos from auctions,would like to see some of those.

1995 so not that old really

Dont know about you but for years I used to use the library photos in the autotrader building then I weNt on to have a part of a page advert with no photos and some weeks they Gave you a tremendous billing then the next week if they got everything  right in relation to prices descriptions how to find je etc they put you in some bum section like prestige where a 1.6l onion didn't quite cut the mustard

12 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Dont know about you but for years I used to use the library photos in the autotrader building then I weNt on to have a part of a page advert with no photos and some weeks they Gave you a tremendous billing then the next week if they got everything  right in relation to prices descriptions how to find je etc they put you in some bum section like prestige where a 1.6l onion didn't quite cut the mustard

95 ...I am now thinking about all the things that made the job easier back then !

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

True the isn't it what goes around comes around we should always treat people how we want to get treated in return

theres is business owner in the paper claiming covid 19 ruined both businesses that they own around here 

yet there has been slow decline in both business for years due to there customer care and attitude . One of there businesses has been on the market for sale 3 years long before covid was even heard off . 

So i do believe in karma as you say what goes around comes around 

Edited by Casper

19 minutes ago, Screenman said:

Did they employ any staff?

Its the staff with all the above companys you feel sorry for though isnt it its like the business for sale i mentioned has one part time member i think still there 

think there other business is all there own family the last member of staff left to go abroad to work 

shame for the staff really 

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Remember the prestige section in the auto trader as well as the bargain buys section there used to be free ads for the public paper here too came out on Saturday and one on the Wednesday

Years ago i remember a friend in the trade when i was starting up gave me the guys number to advertise it saying he was sound was something like £10 for the 2 cars and he would give you one for free and to keep the business he would advertise them in both papers and wave the fee for the Saturday one 

i had 3 cars in both for two weeks no takers 

advertised all 3 in autotrader phone rang off the hook 

but when the buyers came to buy them id say out of interest where did you see the ads all three said the free ads paper after i paid for autotrader 

Funnily enough was the only time i had much success with that paper 

Edited by Casper