Sign in to follow this  
MarkTVS

Vauxhall / Fiat 1.3 CDTI ECU repair?

Who’s good and cheap for doing the repair on the ecu for water ingress? I had normally used ecutesting.co.uk but they just quoted me over £800:lol: I did decline this and just paid their £65 test fee.

16 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Who’s good and cheap for doing the repair on the ecu for water ingress? I had normally used ecutesting.co.uk but they just quoted me over £800:lol: I did decline this and just paid their £65 test fee.

I could have assessed it for £50

Send it me next time

Ps its watercdamaged the PCB board is beyondxrepair

Kerching:D

What's wrong with looking on ebay?

Edited by New year revolutions......

I spent over a month waiting for a kit with the right ecu/pas part number to come up on eBay. Seem to have shot up in price since I last bought a kit

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

They went nuts on price after they had their new building finished and fully kitted out

I’m only 20 mins from them and had 2-3 1.3 cdti Ecus  repaired probably 4 years ago and got change from £300 every time!!!

Edited by SC Derby

Big demand for these!  It may be that all the PCB tracks are corroded away - in which case its basically scrap. There's an outfit called Cartech Electronics (in Scotland?) that we got a tested used one from at a reasonable price. About £200 I think. There is also a guy in Market Drayton who does ECU repairs at very reasonable price. I can dig out his number...

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

www.ecustogo.co.uk

+1. Give him a phone & he’ll tell you straight away if the job’s a go-er or not.

Thanks for the tips guys will get on the phone tomorrow hopefully some places are still open. It’s for one of our own workshop vans so just trying to make the most of the downtime