Grantlfc81

Free rent from my landlord

My landlord has given us free rent for the foreseeable future at £3500 p/m

I hope you guys are getting some kind of relief from understanding landlords.... this virus is going to be here for a minimum of 6 months from a good source.

i will sleep better tonight that’s for sure 

27 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

My landlord has given us free rent for the foreseeable future at £3500 p/m

I hope you guys are getting some kind of relief from understanding landlords.... this virus is going to be here for a minimum of 6 months from a good source.

i will sleep better tonight that’s for sure 

Really good to see  and decent of your landlord nice to see there still some decent people out there during these tough times ,

Result Grant. You must be relieved. That’ll take a bit of the worry off!

The highs and lows of self isolating!

Keep it together man!

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Result Grant. You must be relieved. That’ll take a bit of the worry off!

Hi mate thanks. We always pay our rent on time and normally the quickest payers on the site.  Very very understanding landlords. I hope everyone is healthy and staying away from this virus. Health is wealth

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Hi mate thanks. We always pay our rent on time and normally the quickest payers on the site.  Very very understanding landlords. I hope everyone is healthy and staying away from this virus. Health is wealth

Health is most deffo wealth mate all good here hope you  and your family are too 

16 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I always believed the health is wealth motto.

You can have health but no wealth. 

True though isn't it not good have millions or billions in the bank if your to ill to spend it 

Edited by Casper

1 minute ago, Casper said:

True though isn't it not good have millions or billions in the bank if your to ill to spend it 

Worse case if you get wiped off the planet... With this virus! 

Being ill or having a long term illness is a thing of the past mate. 

Cancer was lethal, or so we all thought, in the 1990s. But this covid can wipe you out within 48hrs or less for some people. 

In another 30 years there will be something else that will kill people in hours... Yet everyone was scared of a nuclear war with Iran or North Korea. Again, nuclear war is a thing of the past.

I always said this. Pointless making millions if you're working all hours to rack up your bank balance and then drop... Next of kin will be laughing to the bank without a day's work! 

1 minute ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Worse case if you get wiped off the planet... With this virus! 

Being ill or having a long term illness is a thing of the past mate. 

Cancer was lethal, or so we all thought, in the 1990s. But this covid can wipe you out within 48hrs or less for some people. 

In another 30 years there will be something else that will kill people in hours... Yet everyone was scared of a nuclear war with Iran or North Korea. Again, nuclear war is a thing of the past.

I always said this. Pointless making millions if you're working all hours to rack up your bank balance and then drop... Next of kin will be laughing to the bank without a day's work! 

Yes as you say next of kin be sorted sad thing is some time the legal next of kin is actually different from who the person wanted to be next of kin  but died suddenly never got a chance to change it Seen it happen before with people separated but not divorced etc . 

• Sad 1

Just to clarify free as in nothing to pay ever or a holiday either way its a very decent thing to do.

7 hours ago, justina3 said:

Just to clarify free as in nothing to pay ever or a holiday either way its a very decent thing to do.

Nothing to pay ever until we are allowed to re open

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Will you also get the Governement grant Grant 

It will be ironic if he is not eligible with a name like this :-)

16 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

What a bleak outlook, no point trying someone else might get something if you dropped dead.  

Thoroughly decent landlord Grant.   Our landlord owns all the site outright, on every comittee locally type person and used to be the Mayor, round table all that kind of shit ( probably on a register or 2 somewhere aswell).

Nothing from him. Expected as much.   We don't have any right to, he still has costs but its nice to hear others are getting looked after at a difficult time.

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Nothing to pay ever until we are allowed to re open

That’s very kind I am in a similar dilemma with three tenants. 

yet to decide how to roll with it. 

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

What a bleak outlook, no point trying someone else might get something if you dropped dead.  

I don't think it's bleak looking out for ones own health.

It's actually bleak to not look out for your health and chasing pennies and pounds without actually enjoying any of the money. 

Recently, guidance  from the hospitals says ventilators and focus should be more focused on those that have a higher chance of survival compared to those that dont. 

So good luck to those working hard to enjoy life at 'retirement'. Once you get to that age and you're no longer the focus because a 20 year old has more chance of survival. 

So you lost out both ways. 

13 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Nice one.

Will you also get the Governement grant Grant :lol:

No grants unfortunately in rates as we are not the rate payer

11 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

no that is because the landlord is the rate payer, ker fukin ching :lol:

Yes but no but yes why was he personally paying rates

He wont get them free 

So why would he do it other than rogue tenants

42 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

no that is because the landlord is the rate payer, ker fukin ching :lol:

The criteria I have seen states you have to operate a retail business from the address just because he pays the rates doesn’t mean he will be ker-chinging 

2 minutes ago, justina3 said:

The criteria I have seen states you have to operate a retail business from the address just because he pays the rates doesn’t mean he will be ker-chinging 

Let's say you work from a 2000 square foot unit

Theres 10 0f them

The landlord to stop tenants defaulting on rates as they often do sets up 10 ltd companies filed accounts and thus is exempt from business rates?