williamblackshaw

Ideas when reopened -

Just thinking about when we finally reopen, i will be adding hand sanitiser stations in waiting areas, wipes for the touch screen coffee machine buttons, can we offer test drives without a salesmen, (currently insurance only covers accompanied test drives) , re spacing our waiting areas out by removing a car from the showroom

What other ideas are people considering for the reopening of showrooms?

33 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

Just thinking about when we finally reopen, i will be adding hand sanitiser stations in waiting areas, wipes for the touch screen coffee machine buttons, can we offer test drives without a salesmen, (currently insurance only covers accompanied test drives) , re spacing our waiting areas out by removing a car from the showroom

What other ideas are people considering for the reopening of showrooms?

Digitalise and really push delivery and contactless handover that a lot of nervy customers will benefit from

Push facetime / skype viewings etc

Push Video and remote sales and finance

Continue to push positive social media, handovers, happy people not much doom and gloom.

We were thinking before the handover do a delivery handover video with all the features so they can watch it on their phone so that the sales person doens't have to do it (not as personal  granted) but to start with people as you say will be cautious 

I am considering a radical reincarnation of the business if and when we reopen.

This "may" include

Revert to home trading (including moving to a larger property with enough land)

And some sort of hybrid between the famed AD from this forum of yesteryear and even a bit of Cazoo esque style click and deliver but still retain the option for people to come and view by Appointment Only.

28 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

We were thinking before the handover do a delivery handover video with all the features so they can watch it on their phone so that the sales person doens't have to do it (not as personal  granted) but to start with people as you say will be cautious 

That plus facetime handovers?

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

This "may" include

And some sort of hybrid between the famed AD from this forum of yesteryear and even a bit of Cazoo esque style click and deliver but still retain the option for people to come and view by Appointment Only.

I am just wondering though, if everyone is a little shy of going out to busy shopping centres etc, maybe cancel holidays abroad, then people might fancy going to view cars in open air forecourts etc like the olden days? Just a thought ?

14 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

This "may" include

Be ideal if locked down again i'm stir crazy in my house. 

Just now, Rory RSC said:

If i had enough land at home it wouldn't be full of cars, it will be quad bikes and karts to play on ;-) 

8 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

It would mate, I am bored out of brains too. All I do is eat and drink, walk around the garden or watch the TV. I am fine after 5pm as I am let loose on the booze cupboard and some half decent series showing on Sky/Netflix/Prime at the moment. Then again, this is only my 2nd week (I closed the doors two full weeks ago).

Re the house:

We went to look at one just 3 weeks ago and it would be perfect but now this has happened, I am not sure what funds (if any) I will have left to pounce. 

I wish I hadn't seen the house now but let's see what happens; I was starting to make plans in my head. (and I am not a nearly man, when I decide to do something 9/10 I do it).

Chin up Rory, or can I call you Forrest :P:lol:

17 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

I am just wondering though, if everyone is a little shy of going out to busy shopping centres etc, maybe cancel holidays abroad, then people might fancy going to view cars in open air forecourts etc like the olden days? Just a thought ?

Possibly but 90% of those will be wasting my time. Wow, I do sound like AD :lol:

17 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

If i had enough land at home it wouldn't be full of cars, it will be quad bikes and karts to play on ;-) 

That novelty would soon pass. When I bought this house, the first thing I bought was a ride on mower and I was forever cutting the grass, attaching the trailer, broadcast spreader, roller, or spike seeder. I also used to drive my Series 3 around it, along with dumpers, diggers, rollers etc when we did our garden makeover. Now I can rarely be bothered to mow the grass.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It would mate, I am bored out of brains too. All I do is eat and drink, walk around the garden or watch the TV. I am fine after 5pm as I am let loose on the booze cupboard and some half decent series showing on Sky/Netflix/Prime at the moment. Then again, this is only my 2nd week (I closed the doors two full weeks ago).

Re the house:

We went to look at one just 3 weeks ago and it would be perfect but now this has happened, I am not sure what funds (if any) I will have left to pounce. 

I wish I hadn't seen the house now but let's see what happens; I was starting to make plans in my head. (and I am not a nearly man, when I decide to do something 9/10 I do it).

Chin up Rory, or can I call you Forrest :P:lol:

Possibly but 90% of those will be wasting my time. Wow, I do sound like AD :lol:

That novelty would soon pass. When I bought this house, the first thing I bought was a ride on mower and I was forever cutting the grass, attaching the trailer, broadcast spreader, roller, or spike seeder. I also used to drive my Series 3 around it, along with dumpers, diggers, rollers etc when we did our garden makeover. Now I can rarely be bothered to mow the grass.

We all start with positives don't we  every time i buy a new car for myself i promise myself ill wash polish it and hoover it weekly then it goes to fortnightly then it goes to the local £10 mini valet place 

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

brilliant :Dwe are all going to be overweight !

my hands have never been so clean neither !

arthur daleys on now on channel 24 if its any help ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

brilliant :Dwe are all going to be overweight !

my hands have never been so clean neither !

arthur daleys on now on channel 24 if its any help ;)

Cant beat a bit. Of minder when self isolating .. 

Heres one to make you laugh guys - so due to working from home i had on my shelf next to me, loo roll, for my cough and sneeze, and also due to washing my hands so much, some cream for my hands as they were drying out - i had a face time with a friend who all he could see was loo roll and moisturisour next to me - so he pointed out i clearly haven't been working LOL

53 minutes ago, Casper said:

Cant beat a bit. Of minder when self isolating .. 

Same here and the Sweeney God those cars I used to work on seem old now :-)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Row said:Same here and the Sweeney God those cars I used to work on seem old now :-)

Its crazy isn't it i remember my dad having them and passing them on the road all the time out on family trips scary thing is it does not seem that long ago 

professionals is another classic and bread and of course you cant beat a bit of bully 

Edited by Casper

2 hours ago, williamblackshaw said:

Heres one to make you laugh guys - so due to working from home i had on my shelf next to me, loo roll, for my cough and sneeze, and also due to washing my hands so much, some cream for my hands as they were drying out - i had a face time with a friend who all he could see was loo roll and moisturisour next to me - so he pointed out i clearly haven't been working LOL

:lol::lol: and only this afternoon you asked for a phone number to FaceTime another member of this forum. Filthy pervert!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Row said:

Same here and the Sweeney God those cars I used to work on seem old now :-)

The sweeney is a good one too .

17 minutes ago, Casper said:

The sweeney is a good one too .

Watched an episode of the Sweeney just this morning and there was a bit of a chase with a Cortina Mk1 and a Mk2, two of my first cars.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Row said:

Watched an episode of the Sweeney just this morning and there was a bit of a chase with a Cortina Mk1 and a Mk2, two of my first cars.

My first car was a cavalier but had a maestro and then a Peugeot 309 before that that never seen the road we scrapped the 309 to keep my auld mans one on the road .  

I do remember the mk2 Granadas and that friend of my dads had a gold one then a couple of newer ones the same family had an  xr4x4 was actually talking about that to tradevet the other day .

Edited by Casper

57 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol: and only this afternoon you asked for a phone number to FaceTime another member of this forum. Filthy pervert!

Haha awkward - I’m digitally isolating 

24 minutes ago, Casper said:

My first car was a cavalier but had a maestro and then a Peugeot 309 before that that never seen the road we scrapped the 309 to keep my auld mans one on the road .  

I do remember the mk2 Granadas and that friend of my dads had a gold one then a couple of newer ones the same family had an  xr4x4 was actually talking about that to tradevet the other day .

Hi Casper

P 309 diesels ,one of my all time favourites.Good margins,great punters,next to no comebacks.Early 90’s ,they were the ‘future ‘.Sounds rediculous now but we used to knock them out week in week out......past glories again !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi Casper

P 309 diesels ,one of my all time favourites.Good margins,great punters,next to no comebacks.Early 90’s ,they were the ‘future ‘.Sounds rediculous now but we used to knock them out week in week out......past glories again !

they were diesels just remembered we broke a petrol one to keep my dads diesel on the road.

he ran it 13 years or something was actual quite an unusual car came with part of a gti kit on since he bought at at a year old front bumper with the spots etc . before that he had a 205 diesel for a couple year had a couple of 306s as well my mum had one and I had d turbo one with a twin light conversion 

can remember a lot ex police 309s and 306 s being sold off

there was a dealer near here sold loads had 4 and 5 in stock at a time same place my dad got his from 

Edited by Casper

4 minutes ago, Casper said:

they were diesels just remembered we broke a petrol one to keep my dads diesel on the road.

he ran it 13 years or something was actual quite an unusual car came with part of a gti kit on since he bought at at a year old front bumper with the spots etc . before that he had a 205 diesel for a couple year had a couple of 306s as well my mum had one and I had d turbo one with a twin light conversion 

can remember a lot ex police 309s and 306 s being sold old 

there was a dealer near here sold loads had 4 and 5 in stock at a time same place my dad got his from 

Ha Ha Casper,Ex Police 309 diesels,I have to tell you,no body sold more than us.

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha Casper,Ex Police 309 diesels,I have to tell you,no body sold more than us.

Talking off ex police I had mate bought a pile of astra ex police too he still does mechanic jobs for me for time to time but has been ill didn't like to ask with what but been in and out of hospital 

seen a 309 in an old Taggart  Mark McManus the other week brought back memories actually got me thinking i wish i did more training 20 years back

its not the same know the police stuff the mod corsa and astra range were good too 

And the heritage ones only ever bought one wrong in a 1.7 dti estate blood transfusion stuff was good too  .