umesh

We need your help.. please :)

9 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Nice to meet you Ling.

Maybe let’s all take a breath and be nice to each other. 

Good to have you on board.

Hi, ... I'm being nice. ... I wasn't attacking anyone in particular, I was criticising the stupid (IMHO) IMDA petition, which is trying to get yet more Government/taxpayer subsidy on a special-case basis for car dealer staff, when the entire problem of crappy low salaries has been caused by car dealers treating staff badly for years.

When people are dying, and everyone is doing their best and in it together, the car dealers should not be begging for extra Government support paying wages which they have been deliberately suppressing for years, for their own benefit.If there is an issue then CAR DEALERS should fix it, not the taxpayer. It is not in the spirit of everyone fighting the virus together, equally. I didn't make it personal in any way... and then that TRADE VET Ian??? launched in with some very personal (and very incorrect) attack on me. What have I done wrong? I dunno? - Ling

Edited by LINGsCARS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Hi, ... I'm being nice. ... I wasn't attacking anyone in particular, I was criticising the stupid (IMHO) IMDA petition, which is trying to get yet more Government subsidy on a special-case basis for car dealer staff, when the entire problem of crappy low salaries has been caused by car dealers treating staff badly for years.

When people are dying, and everyone is doing their best and in it together, the car dealers should not be begging for extra Government support paying wages which they have been deliberately suppressing for years, for their own benefit. It is not in the spirit of everyone fighting the virus together, equally. I didn't make it personal in any way... and then that TRADE VET Ian??? launched in with some very personal (and very incorrect) attack on me. What have I done wrong? I dunno? - Ling

Easy tiger. I only said Hi. :0p

Let it go.  It’s a nice bunch on here. 

Must be as worrying a time for you as the rest of us. Have you had to furlough staff? 

Edited by NOACROSS

Just now, NOACROSS said:

Easy tiger. I only said Hi. :0p

Let it go.  It’s a nice bunch on here. 

Must be as worrying a time for you as the test of us. Have you had to furlough staff? 

yeah... I will furlough after the 1st of April (appropriate day?). I have paid my staff full salary up to then, because I felt they deserved it. I have assured my staff that even though they will be getting 80% of good full salaries, I will also top up with additional payments. Yeah, it's worrying for everyone, but we are motor dealers, not NHS responders or any of those people with the difficult jobs. So i find the petition sickening and ashamed to be part of an industry that begs the taxpayer for more money when many industries are in a similar boat and it's entirely a problem caused by the employers - Motor Dealers. Perhaps in future this crappy low-salary policy operated by some (most?) dealers will stop? I hope so. - Ling :)

All credit to you that. 

For what it’s worth, as a Ltd Company Director, I will get no help (maybe the rates grant but we’ll see). 

Whilst all these petitions are (mostly) noble, I doubt anything will come of them, so I wouldn’t let it get to you too much, but that’s just me. Maybe I’m wrong.  I’ve become all Casper all of a sudden (credit to him)

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Haha 1

Just now, NOACROSS said:

All credit to you that. 

For what it’s worth, as a Ltd Company Director, I will get no help (maybe the rates grant but we’ll see). 

Whilst all these petitions are (mostly) noble, I doubt anything will come of them, so I wouldn’t let it get to you too much m, but that’s just me. I’ve become all Casper all of a sudden (credit to him)

Surely you are an employee, so you will get the 80% up to £2500? Personally, I own my business 100% with my hubby, but we always took the view that PAYE was more equitable from a tax point of view than paying myself dividends... I like to piss in the pot. I'm naiive, but at least my paying full whack PAYE tax means I get the 80%, so I can smile a bit about that. :)

2 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Surely you are an employee, so you will get the 80% up to £2500? Personally, I own my business 100% with my hubby, but we always took the view that PAYE was more equitable from a tax point of view than paying myself dividends... I like to piss in the pot. I'm naiive, but at least my paying full whack PAYE tax means I get the 80%, so I can smile a bit about that. :)

Nope. Not PAYE. Don’t qualify as most in my position don’t. 

So. ‘Were’ you on Dragons Den? Loved that episode if it was you. They looked scared :D

Edited by NOACROSS

4 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Nope. Not PAYE. Don’t qualify as most in my position don’t. 

So. ‘Were’ you on Dragons Den? Loved that episode if it was you. They looked scared :D

yes, enjoyed that. 2008, a lifetime ago.

2 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

yes, enjoyed that. 2008, a lifetime ago.

Awesome. Thought so. I bet TV enjoyed it too. 

Hi ling I've often said something on a forum I've regretted afterwards

I'm sure TV was just being tv as he is

I'm sure as suggested we can all get on especially as we now have plenty of time

Let's see what he says eh

Peace:)

A gentle reminder that it is not just car sales that this applies to, it is all workers on commission, maybe the workers who will only get 80% and nothing extra off the company will bear this in mind when we reach the other side ? long memories some people ;)

as of 23.21 pm 6774 have signed, need 100,000 for government to reconsider.......

Edited by have a word with the wife

Think we are all entitled to our opinions, as the above post says it's not just car sales, estate agents spring to mind who will also be effected, i guess it could be aruged all day basic salary v commissions etc, but i think everyone is just trying to protect themselves as we enter an unknown period of life sure is scary.

I am guessing there will be other industries too effected and as said you can't protect them all - i am yet to work out if i can get any personal income in my position as my efforts have been spent trying to communicate with staff and customers and ensure there are jobs for all to return too. 

But i guess if i was a salesmen on a low salary and had paid thousands and thousands in taxes and then be told others are getting a higher 80% than me, despite me paying a much higher amount each month, year - i would for sure be fighting for extra income to support my family, and don't forget there are single parents out there with kids who all they will be doing is looking to pay their rent and feed their kids, come on guys no one would have seen this scenrio ever arrising 

Umesh i am sure is just trying to help promote this for those in the industry he loves - and yes when this is all over, i have no doubt many will be looking to change pay structures 

Hope everyone is safe out there - stay safe, Will

Edited by williamblackshaw
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

Think we are all entitled to our opinions, as the above post says it's not just car sales, estate agents spring to mind who will also be effected, i guess it could be aruged all day basic salary v commissions etc, but i think everyone is just trying to protect themselves as we enter an unknown period of life sure is scary.

I am guessing there will be other industries too effected and as said you can't protect them all - i am yet to work out if i can get any personal income in my position as my efforts have been spent trying to communicate with staff and customers and ensure there are jobs for all to return too. 

But i guess if i was a salesmen on a low salary and had paid thousands and thousands in taxes and then be told others are getting a higher 80% than me, despite me paying a much higher amount each month, year - i would for sure be fighting for extra income to support my family, and don't forget there are single parents out there with kids who all they will be doing is looking to pay their rent and feed their kids, come on guys no one would have seen this scenrio ever arrising 

Umesh i am sure is just trying to help promote this for those in the industry he loves - and yes when this is all over, i have no doubt many will be looking to change pay structures 

May you and your family and friends also stay safe in such difficult times William take care  

Edited by Casper

Trade vet is a good guy :) and helps many here . 

Best wishes to you also ling 

Edited by Casper

8 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

as of 23.21 pm 6774 have signed, need 100,000 for government to reconsider.......

I’m sure it’ll get plenty of signatures but as with most things on the internet it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

10 minutes ago the signatures increased before my very eyes from 6995 to 7005. Totally plausible except the exact same thing also happened about 2 minutes ago :blink:

Edited by BHM

9 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

A gentle reminder that it is not just car sales that this applies to, it is all workers on commission, maybe the workers who will only get 80% and nothing extra off the company will bear this in mind when we reach the other side ? long memories some people ;)

A gentle reminder that it is the EMPLOYERS who have caused this situation, so how about the EMPLOYERS (in this case car dealers) sorting it out, instead of begging the taxpayer for extra money to bail their payroll out and to subsidise their crap employment practices? This petition stinks. - Ling

10 hours ago, williamblackshaw said:

Well, while the Government are building 4,000 bed, 5,000 bed and many other pop-up hospitals throughout the UK to cope with the mass ITU requirements, and airline staff and retired NHS staff are being drafted in to assist (and to be exposed to the virus), and while 750,000 people have volunteered to help the NHS... and while doctors and nurses have started dying... and hundreds more patients are dying daily... and paramedics like my niece are ill with Covid symptoms...

...to be begging for extra cash for CAR SALESMEN because their employers have traditionally run crap salary schemes and archaic remuneration practices, is just not on. The Car Dealers themselves should sort their staff out, while they sit at home and watch Netflix, not the taxpayer. 

To broaden the argument to other workers (Estate Agents etc) is just as disgusting. Stop covering your shame by dragging other sectors in to obfuscate the situation here.

For years, Car Dealers have pocketed the benefits of crap salary and high-loaded commission schemes... now put your hands in your pockets and sort your staff out. If they need sorting out. For instance, i spoke to Daksh recently, he is paying 90%, not 80%. Every little helps. Why don't YOU ALL do that? I am topping the 80% up with cash payments, why don't YOU ALL do that?

It's not the Government "doing this" to car salesmen, it's their own employers, IMDA members who have *done it to them*... you all need a mirror as big as that Nightingale Hospital, and get staring into it. Are Car Dealers REALLY that blind to see they have caused this inequity? So stop begging the Government and get it sorted out, yourselves.

Quit this petition, it is a disgusting money-grabbing exercise to subsidse Car Dealers own responsibilities. Shame on all who pay staff in this way and now beg.

Stop petitioning to scrape extra taxpayer money from the frontline fight against Covid19 to divert it to Car Salesmen (FFS, car salesmen). Leave the taxpayer money for the NHS.

- Ling

Edited by LINGsCARS

Ling.

Do you have a shy, timid, non confrontational cousin call Arthur who lives down Exeter way?

Edited by David Ayers

5 minutes ago, C B said:

Can he be allowed back with a one thread limit? Please? 

+1

15 minutes ago, C B said:

No but she has one who goes by the alias, Arfur :lol:

See. He’s been gone a couple of weeks and I forgot how to spell his name.

27 minutes ago, C B said:

No but she has one who goes by the alias, Arfur :lol:

Come back AD! Unfortunately, Admin won’t allow and AD wouldn’t come back anyway I suspect. . 

He is on the Trade 2 Trade Facebook page at least. 

19 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Come back AD! Unfortunately, Admin won’t allow and AD wouldn’t come back anyway I suspect. . 

He is on the Trade 2 Trade Facebook page at least. 

“Arthur Daley’s a little dodgy maybe, but underneath............. he’s alright!”:D

3 hours ago, LINGsCARS said:

A gentle reminder that it is the EMPLOYERS who have caused this situation, so how about the EMPLOYERS (in this case car dealers) sorting it out, instead of begging the taxpayer for extra money to bail their payroll out and to subsidise their crap employment practices? This petition stinks. - Ling

Disagree 

14 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Please  extrapolate this

Sure, drop me your number and can facetime cheers - hope your safe and well