David Horgan

24/7 car finance still doing deals

How does this work then , 24/7 calls me and asks if i can deal on a car for their customer , she passed finance , deals sorted and wants to collect . 

They wont pay out till customer gets to site with the car as they have been doing deals were they pay out and customer goes to collect but the dealer isn't there because they are closed for the virus .

Makes me wonder if we are shut or not . 

13 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

How does this work then , 24/7 calls me and asks if i can deal on a car for their customer , she passed finance , deals sorted and wants to collect . 

They wont pay out till customer gets to site with the car as they have been doing deals were they pay out and customer goes to collect but the dealer isn't there because they are closed for the virus .

Makes me wonder if we are shut or not . 

Non essential travel i would say but then i don't understand a lot of people anyway I've been to the shop once since Monday and been out one walk 

now i know people can do this once a day but there still groups of 10 on the local walkway etc 

best just to say your currently closed due to covid 19 david would be my advice 

Edited by Casper

Just now, have a word with the wife said:

only you can answer that :lol: can you remember going to work this morning ? :D;)

:lol:

5 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

only you can answer that :lol: can you remember going to work this morning ? :D;)

Think i went in or did I ? :lol:, Its an essential trip I check to see if we are open or not :rolleyes:

Did i put closed on the door or not ?. Cant remember locking the door after i put a PX in front of the door now , Then did I lock the PX or not? lol 

Need another essential trip now in the morning to repeat the process . Might take the dog with me this time too , needs a walk he does .

No body there so I cant be breaking any rules  can I ? 

No one comes near you anyway if you walk a German Shepard , Even in normal times they cross the road when they see him :D

Speak to the prospective customer, tell her you’ll be practicing social distancing, when she arrives chuck the keys at her & tell her to go & look at it. Then it’s a case of yes or no, once the money’s through let her go (or come back to collect on another day after you’ve received payment). 

All I’m getting is one or two stupid bored cnuts everyday emailing shit offers. Tbh it’d be nice to book a fortnight away but where can we go? 

28 minutes ago, Casper said:

Non essential travel i would say but then i don't understand a lot of people anyway I've been to the shop once since Monday and been out one walk 

now i know people can do this once a day but there still groups of 10 on the local walkway etc 

best just to say your currently closed due to covid 19 david would be my advice 

I wouldn't sell 24/7 a car anyway Casper if we were shut or not , :)

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Think i went in or did I ? :lol:, Its an essential trip I check to see if we are open or not :rolleyes:

Did i put closed on the door or not ?. Cant remember locking the door after i put a PX in front of the door now , Then did I lock the PX or not? lol 

Need another essential trip now in the morning to repeat the process . Might take the dog with me this time too , needs a walk he does .

No body there so I cant be breaking any rules  can I ? 

No one comes near you anyway if you walk a German Shepard , Even in normal times they cross the road when they see him :D

Nice boy

Can I have  my arm back now please

Òoooòoooooooh he doesn't normally bite people:lol:

1 minute ago, BHM said:

bh it’d be nice to book a fortnight away but where can we go? 

No where to go , Nothing to see , No one to talk to , Cant even have a barbie on the garden with friends . 

2 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Òoooòoooooooh he doesn't normally bite people:lol:

We call it smiling at them , he raises his lip if anyone comes near my wife , they instantly retreat :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I wouldn't sell 24/7 a car anyway Casper if we were shut or not , :)

Haha 

You can imagine the quality of customer from cf247, coming up with a fault after a few days then going off on one as workshops are shut so hard to get parts. I hate cf247 and the majority of their council scheme scumbag punters,

On a more positive note we managed a sale today. The way we are doing it is by appointment only. In order to get an appointment you have to pay £100 (inspired by the late great ad) which is refundable if you don’t like the car aslong as you show up when your meant to. 

Only the person buying the car is allowed on our premises. We simply hand them the keys and leave them to it. If they want a test drive as it can’t be accompanied they forfeit the return of their £100 whether the buy it or not and they can take it round the block aslong as they leave the keys for their car and ID on the desk. 

So one sold and a decent cheap swapper for £300, will keep the wolves away from the door aslong as we can still manage one every fortnight or so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

You can imagine the quality of customer from cf247, coming up with a fault after a few days then going off on one as workshops are shut so hard to get parts. I hate cf247 and the majority of their council scheme scumbag punters,

On a more positive note we managed a sale today. The way we are doing it is by appointment only. In order to get an appointment you have to pay £100 (inspired by the late great ad) which is refundable if you don’t like the car aslong as you show up when your meant to. 

Only the person buying the car is allowed on our premises. We simply hand them the keys and leave them to it. If they want a test drive as it can’t be accompanied they forfeit the return of their £100 whether the buy it or not and they can take it round the block aslong as they leave the keys for their car and ID on the desk. 

So one sold and a decent cheap swapper for £300, will keep the wolves away from the door aslong as we can still manage one every fortnight or so.

If they decide not to buy it they cannot have their £100 back?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that. 

10 minutes ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

If they decide not to buy it they cannot have their £100 back?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that. 

Only if they want an test drive unaccompanied .   

36 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Sounds good but just a query. Why are you withholding their £100? Is it an appointment fee as opposed to a deposit?

Its more just to make sure that the viewers aren’t time wasters and to force their hand of commitment. I hate test drives on a normal day as the way out stock layout is numerous cars need moved to get the car out for the test drive and then as a bit of a perfectionist I insist my guys rewash, dry and hoover the car afterwards. I don’t mind if we’re getting a sale but I feel like punching people when before driving they’ve been asked if there in a position to buy today, they say yes then at the end of the test drive have more to see:angry:

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

No where to go , Nothing to see , No one to talk to , Cant even have a barbie on the garden with friends . 

We call it smiling at them , he raises his lip if anyone comes near my wife , they instantly retreat :D

You can only have Barbie on the garden if she’s a member of the household

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Good luck getting away with that.

3 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

If they want a test drive as it can’t be accompanied they forfeit the return of their £100 whether the buy it or not 

:o

I really don’t see the issue, we make them fully aware of this before they test drive. I am a technician to trade and all our stock is prepared to far higher standards than the majority of other dealers. We don’t usually operate this policy but it’s just to deter time wasters and dreamers. The genuine buyers have no issue with it.

26 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I really don’t see the issue, we make them fully aware of this before they test drive. I am a technician to trade and all our stock is prepared to far higher standards than the majority of other dealers. We don’t usually operate this policy but it’s just to deter time wasters and dreamers. The genuine buyers have no issue with it.

So they see it on your website and come down to your premises. They have a test drive and decide the car is not for them, they are then £100 down. Sounds fair.

4 minutes ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

So they see it on your website and come down to your premises. They have a test drive and decide the car is not for them, they are then £100 down. Sounds fair.

Not ideal but in this situation of me and my staff are risking our health it’s a fair deal. We know all our cars drive perfectly. If they want to try out a car first of all then they can rent one from hertz

Edited by MarkTVS

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

Not ideal but in this situation of me and my staff are risking our health it’s a fair deal. We know all our cars drive perfectly. If they want to try out a car first of all then they can rent one from hertz

You should not be risking your staff's health anyway. So the risk to your staff's health is worth £100. Anyway it's your decision, I will leave it there.

1 hour ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Good luck getting away with that.

Trading Standards employee or just the usual self appointed do-gooder with too much time on your hands?

I would make it a service charge to bring the car back to retail position having had a deep clean in these pressing days black black bla

The way you put it it's so open to you getting a letter I really wouldn't do it.