Nick

Logo/Business name?

Hi Guys, Getting there slowly. Trade plates and insurance sorted. First auction next Tue : ) So i've been looking at autotrader and see that all the trade sellers on there have there business logo and or business name. Is it possible to do this without having a website as i'm selling part time and from home? Do I need to contact autotrader? Or possible to add in the dealer portal?

Thanks again

Nick.

I'm not on Autotrader anymore (you do not have to be on AT to sell cars) . Motors, Ebay, AA cars, RAC cars are all available for a fraction of the price. 

As far as i know you cant have a logo on autotrader unless you sign up to a package which i doubt you will need if on a part time basis. My advice would be not to overthink things and try and do everything at once...you havent even been to an auction yet so get ready for some serious learning !

Get a few motors sold and let nature take its course.

• Like 3

I'm not on Autotrader anymore (you do not have to be on AT to sell cars) . Motors, Ebay, AA cars, RAC cars are all available for a fraction of the price. 

How you getting on without AT, in particular, how's Motors working for you? 

How you getting on without AT, in particular, how's Motors working for you? 

Well its still early days to tell properly. Motors does deliver lots of leads and I am still selling which is the main thing. It will quiet down for Christmas so I shall see what happens in the new year. The main thing for a small chap like me is losing that £1200 bill every month, regardless of the number of leads it still has to get paid.

It would be great if they did a pay per lead system for smaller dealers, but they don't. 

AT is crap... I'm part time and advertised few times on AT and no single call or email from there at all... ebay and facebook and it's much cheaper.

AT want's £60 for an ad for 21 days with 20 pics and ebay £14... 

Rj, do u just advertise on ebay as a classified ad? Do they take their usual skanky final valuation fee? And where on FB? I found a few groups that have quite a lot of members but do you know some which our better than others? What about motors, aa, rac, etc like sparky said above, any joy?

Cheers.

Yes classified on eBay - I don't know about the final fee as I usually paid £13.34 for an ad and when the car goes I just cancel it really. 

On FB i'm in few groups and I'm not the best at it... 

I know of a dealer who sells cars part time from home one at a time and only puts an advert in the local paper on a thursday. He has been doing that for years and sells them fairly quickly so this could be an option. There are a lot of people that still look in the local rag for cars especially the old school that probably dont even know what ebay is or maybe just dont trust it..

I used to have an advert in the paper but it didnt really stack up for me but maybe for a part timer?

• Like 1

AT is crap... I'm part time and advertised few times on AT and no single call or email from there at all... ebay and facebook and it's much cheaper.

AT want's £60 for an ad for 21 days with 20 pics and ebay £14... 

Plus Ebay is 28 days