michael smith

Coronavirus Desperation Discount

First customer today told us to take their phone number and when we get desperate give them a call and take their money for a car that they want to buy.So So Sad.

Edited by michael smith
Added 1 Word

I would have replied i would rather give it to charity than ring you. vultures 

I had something similar today. The punter had the cheek to offer me 1k off the asking price stating "Corona Discount".

His assumption was that we need the money - Showed him where the exit was. :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I would play them like an old guitar

Hahaha, I’d be sorely tempted to waste their time, that’s assuming I’d not told him something along the lines of ‘I’d rather set fire to it than sell to a horrible greedy bastard like you’ which I’ve done in the past & believe me, they don’t know what to say.

I had a gentleman from Bradford messing about on FB asking his usual questions which then inevitably let to a ridiculous offer - £1700 for a £2695 vehicle. My rather unprofessional response was simply “Fuck Off”. Why drag out the agony any further than necessary? 

Interested. Any discounts due to the current crisis ? I may need a finance. Who is the lender you can recommend?

I got the above yesterday, I told her it was a fixed price then she told me she had a poor credit rating, I gave her a finance quote and never heard back from her.

Edited by Row

Interesting how we have two threads, one showing what we are doing for our community and the other showing how our community are doing us!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, metcars said:

Interesting how we have two threads, one showing what we are doing for our community and the other showing how our community are doing us!

Very true however it is only a very very small minority of scumbags. Tbh they probably wouldn’t buy anyway - I learnt years ago the likes of these shitheads don’t follow up after their talk.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BHM said:

Hahaha, I’d be sorely tempted to waste their time, that’s assuming I’d not told him something along the lines of ‘I’d rather set fire to it than sell to a horrible greedy bastard like you’ which I’ve done in the past & believe me, they don’t know what to say.

I had a gentleman from Bradford messing about on FB asking his usual questions which then inevitably let to a ridiculous offer - £1700 for a £2695 vehicle. My rather unprofessional response was simply “Fuck Off”. Why drag out the agony any further than necessary? 

I would have thought that when receiving an insulting offer like that,you would do it properly by saying,’ thank you,I will just put you through to our customer services department.You then pause for a moment and say ‘ you are through to customer care.....’Fuck Off ‘

Tell them you will scrap it first. The cheek of some of some customers 

did that with a guy years ago with an old px that i had been smoking he used to buy and sell cheap cars on gumtree offered £300 told him id scrap it first he look amazed and shocked got £850 in the auction 

Edited by Casper

No surprise. Let's not get 'holier than thou' about this. Businesses try to take advantage of consumers and consumers try to take advantages of businesses.  I wanted to buy a digital thermometer last week - my friendly neighbourhood pharmacy had a couple left at £15.99 - I think they were about £2.50 a couple of weeks ago. A local appliance seller has massively hiked the price of freezers - ditto on Amazon.  In the motor business you have to learn to deal with all sorts. Stay cool, don't get stressed. If I get an offer I don't like I just give them a polite 'no thanks'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michael smith said:

First customer today told us to take their phone number and when we get desperate give them a call and take their money for a car that they want to buy.So So Sad.

Haven't got the guts to say it to your face though have they, scum.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

You then pause for a moment and say ‘ you are through to customer care.....’Fuck Off ‘

Haha, I might try that sometime.

55 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Haven't got the guts to say it to your face though have they, scum.

100% correct