James Baggott

Are car dealerships still open for business?

1 hour ago, poor-trader said:

There is a lot of talk in the usual rumour places that closure of "non-essential retail" may well be the next step (in actual fact it is more than a rumour - it is being considered by Government today). I think we know what category car sales comes into! 

Could be some time as well - 1-2 months minimum. Starting off at 2 weeks but then keep extending.

As much as it will have an impact on business it’s the right thing to do. 

In the prime ministers speech last night he should have said UK I am dissapointed in you. Stay the fuck inside.

• Like 1

Agree with Rory, service is still ticking over, epecting to close full time when we go to full lockdown, have 5 technicicans , their saftey is the most important and have them now working flexi time to avoid contact amongst themselves, everything now by appointment only, sending walk ins away (believe it or not had 2 yesterday!!) had 3 people cock on pending sales quoting current conditions. Delivered one to home for a 48hr test drive on Saturday afternoon, sent the guy a video prior to the test dirve of us cleaning and disinfecting, first time ever and today he's rang to say he's keeping it so glimmer of hope still,

What are you guys doing if anything differnetly that seems to be working?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a friend of a friend has already been given paperwork to carry to show he's a key worker.

Maybe it's just a 'London thing' but lockdown imminent?

Not sure if it’s all sites but a Sytner employee said they are closing 5pm tomorrow until further notice.

Arnold clark close on wed for 3 weeks minimum just announced 

• Like 1

Well, it seems we now know the answer on this and it is "no". As far as I can work out it is a complete ban on car sales activities including auction houses (Manheim is closing until further notice this morning, I assume BCA are as well. This will not be for 3 weeks IMO - it is for a bare minimum of 3 weeks - but I can see this being for 2-3 months or more judging by how things have gone in other countries.

I genuinely wonder how much of the industry will survive this.

Thats me Closed now completely and my friends 2 sites infact  most car dealers i know are now 

Edited by Casper