Sign in to follow this  
umesh

Autotrader

Autotrader announce full year results, in line with market expectations, but also announce hashtag#covid19 support for dealers. Advertising package fees for April to be waived and payment of March fees to be deferred for 30 days. Expected to produce a loss for the business in April of £6m-£7m.

This will be very welcomed by all! 

On the surface, I think this looks a pretty impressive gesture. However, I imagine AT are worried that many will cancel their package and may not return after the crisis is over. Is this a tactic to keep people on the hook for another couple of months before cancelling. If businesses reopen in a couple of months, they will have retained a good percentage of those lured to stay contracted for one free month, after which, surely they will have to pay two months together for the defered month of March - ouch?

Not good enough.I think you need at least a 3 months package waiver to remain.AT has been doing £360m T/O with net profits of £270m so if they offered a 6 months waiver, it would not impact their business.

• Like 1

Just now, trade vet said:

Not good enough.I think you need at least a 3 months package waiver to remain.AT has been doing £360m T/O with net profits of £270m so if they offered a 6 months waiver, it would not impact their business.

To be fair we don’t know how long this ‘episode’ will last. AT could extend the free period next month? 

1 hour ago, umesh said:

Autotrader announce full year results, in line with market expectations, but also announce hashtag#covid19 support for dealers. Advertising package fees for April to be waived and payment of March fees to be deferred for 30 days. Expected to produce a loss for the business in April of £6m-£7m.

This will be very welcomed by all! 

Hi Umesh 

Good news really that one  , and probably welcome within the industry , helps to keep things together in these testing times . 

David 

Everyone is doing us a favour these days? Up until a few weeks ago we were invisible. First the auction houses were gracious enough to allow us to buy online? Now AT are going to defer payments? Whatever next?

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

To be fair we don’t know how long this ‘episode’ will last. AT could extend the free period next month? 

Exactly its all uncertain.   

Some are never happy lol. I think it’s a good gesture. It helps us out when we need it and very welcome. As said before no one has a gun to your head forcing you to advertise with them. 

What you need to really do is step back from the information and read it again

They say you will not be charged for your April advertising and you can refer your March bill for 30 days

Tomorrow it looks pretty certain that London and its wider area will go into lockdown so no cars sold,in my local supermarkets everything that can be bought has been it's like locusts have been through just like a plague

Autotrader know that unless they keep their pages full they will possibly lose their place as apparently still the place to go first,this is going to cost them 5 to 7 mill,a mere drop in the ocean to appease their shareholders and the city to show what a caring company they are

You lot can buy it all you like with your spittle spoons I call it bull t

I might have to cancel my cancellation but its still a kick in the teeth the double stock offer!

Well I dont mind, saves me around £3000, and with the extra stock its a welcome and much needed boost for us, its the only place that has ever worked for us in terms of actual sales and return on spend and I think its a very positve move personally. no one else has offered me any help right now

2 hours ago, James01 said:

Some are never happy lol. I think it’s a good gesture. It helps us out when we need it and very welcome. As said before no one has a gun to your head forcing you to advertise with them. 

I agree its a decent gesture, but lets not forget that their hand has been forced due to the high amount of cancellations that were coming through. Even they cant be that pig headed that they let their customers all leave. However its not really Free. Carefully thought out by AT, its the same as giving a 50%discount as you will still be tied to the 30 day cancellation notice once the offer ends. Lets hope for everyone that the free offer is extended

2 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

What you need to really do is step back from the information and read it again

They say you will not be charged for your April advertising and you can refer your March bill for 30 days

Tomorrow it looks pretty certain that London and its wider area will go into lockdown so no cars sold,in my local supermarkets everything that can be bought has been it's like locusts have been through just like a plague

Autotrader know that unless they keep their pages full they will possibly lose their place as apparently still the place to go first,this is going to cost them 5 to 7 mill,a mere drop in the ocean to appease their shareholders and the city to show what a caring company they are

You lot can buy it all you like with your spittle spoons I call it bull t

3 hours ago, metcars said:

Everyone is doing us a favour these days? Up until a few weeks ago we were invisible. First the auction houses were gracious enough to allow us to buy online? Now AT are going to defer payments? Whatever next?

I think you two have both summed things up nicely. Anyone thinking AT is doing this out the goodness of their heart must be smoking a crack pipe.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

I agree its a decent gesture, but lets not forget that their hand has been forced due to the high amount of cancellations that were coming through. Even they cant be that pig headed that they let their customers all leave. However its not really Free. Carefully thought out by AT, its the same as giving a 50%discount as you will still be tied to the 30 day cancellation notice once the offer ends. Lets hope for everyone that the free offer is extended

I cancelled yesterday and just spoke to rep ,re 'free' April expecting some tie in , but there is none so I extended my notice period to end of April with option to review anytime . So in a nutshell to cover yourselves I guess it's best to inform them now that you wish to cancel 30 April . 

The devils in the detail, but nothing is ‘free’,  just ‘deferred’.

14 minutes ago, metcars said:

but nothing is ‘free’

April is. 

March is deferred. 

7 hours ago, James01 said:

And for every car you sell a/t are giving away mats and flaps :rolleyes:

irony

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Anyone heard any similar moves from gumtree / Ebay ?

Yes- they are announcing their offer by Monday at the latest apparently. 

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Yes- they are announcing their offer by Monday at the latest apparently. 

cheers, great timing my dd went out today

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

cheers, great timing my dd went out today

Doh! 
I did manage to get a load of extra featured listings for the (crap) gumtree side of the platform. Every little helps. 

2 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Doh! 
I did manage to get a load of extra featured listings for the (crap) gumtree side of the platform. Every little helps. 

we had them as well, i did try and bend there arm on the motors package but they wouldnt budge.

15 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Doh! 

I don't even bother with using the featured settings. Just attracts even more nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I don't even bother with using the featured settings. Just attracts even more nonsense.

Got to love advertising works well for us.

I get leads from it, but rarely come to anything.  Thing is, some then go through to your website, so maybe I'm being hard on them.