SEsteve

Peugeot 207 cuts out when idling

Hi

Ive got a 207 which the mechanics are struggling with.... its 57 plate, 1.4 petrol. It’s showing anti pollution faulty and a plip battery fault.

When plugged in it shows camshaft sensor and a few other fault codes... but from what I’ve read it could be a long list of things.

has anyone experienced this before with the 207 and found a resolution? 

Had it on a diesel one the drive belt broke cut out lost all power fitted new drive belt and it wouldn't idle properly  and throw a camshaft position sensor fault code unplugged it cleaned connections and all was fine .

the anti pollution fault can be anything on a peugeot its pretty standard had it on a 2 307 diesels both for a fuel filter 

i wouldn't think the key battery thing is related to your fault  

Edited by Casper

Can you give the fault code?  Almost anything throws up 'anti pollution fault'.

Camshaft sensor going faulty due to water ingress is very common on these - I assume the mechanic has checked that.

If you are getting P11A8 then that is a loose chain - not uncommon and quite a big job to fix.

Edited by Halfpenny

Fault codes I’m getting

p2237 Upstream oxygen sensor

p0011 intake camshaft dephasure 

p0599 Controlled thermostat...

p0172 mixture regulation....

17 minutes ago, Casper said:

Had it on a diesel one the drive belt broke cut out lost all powered fitted new drive belt and it wouldn't idle properly  and throw a camshaft position sensor fault code unplugged it cleaned connections and all was fine .

the anti pollution fault can be anything on a peugeot its pretty standard had it on a 2 307 diesels both for a fuel filter 

i wouldn't think the key battery thing is related to your fault  

Ok - I’ll pass this on. From a few things I’ve read I keep seeing cam shaft sensor coming up 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

Can you give the fault code?  Almost anything throws up 'anti pollution fault'.

Camshaft sensor going faulty due to water ingress is very common on these - I assume the mechanic has checked that.

If you are getting P11A8 then that is a loose chain - not uncommon and quite a big job to fix.

Half penny is 100 percent correct almost anything will bring up anti pollution on a peugeot even the technicians of two peugeot dealers confirmed this to me when i called and asked there advice the other was when i was in for warranty work on a radio and i asked in conversation 

keep us all updated

And the award to the worst built engine ever in my view goes to this pile of complete and utter junk, killed minis for me. 

22 minutes ago, justina3 said:

And the award to the worst built engine ever in my view goes to this pile of complete and utter junk, killed minis for me. 

This. 
If it’s a VTI put it straight in the bin.

Peugeot has gone right down hill since the 306 and the 406. Used to be brilliant bit of stock, now the petrol 1.4 are the next biggest head gasket blowers since the Rovers, Vauxhall's aren't much better.

15 hours ago, A & S said:

Peugeot has gone right down hill since the 306 and the 406

Agree, I don't touch them anymore. Only Peugeot (or Citroen) I have are the 107's or 108's or C1's, because in 1.0 form the important bits are all Toyota.

1 hour ago, CRW said:

Agree, I don't touch them anymore. Only Peugeot (or Citroen) I have are the 107's or 108's or C1's, because in 1.0 form the important bits are all Toyota.

I agree too.  Applies to anything French really (and I now include most Nissans in that). Added to Italian crap and quite a few German models, I am rapidly running out of marques I can confidently buy. I have a soft spot for Far Eastern brands (except Nissan). 

On 3/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, SEsteve said:

Fault codes I’m getting

p2237 Upstream oxygen sensor

p0011 intake camshaft dephasure 

p0599 Controlled thermostat...

p0172 mixture regulation....

Ok - I’ll pass this on. From a few things I’ve read I keep seeing cam shaft sensor coming up 

Going from these fault codes I would guess it will need a new intake camshaft pulley and chain kit.I was also suggest changing the thermostat. Before you do this remove the solenoid from the intake pulley and make sure it's not blocked and clean out. You can also swap the inlet solenoid with the exhaust solenoid as they are the same part number and see it that makes any difference,but be warned you may need to change the intake solenoid as well.The 2 fault codes P2237 and P0172 should be sorted when you do the chain etc.