James Baggott

Welcome to the Car Dealer Magazine Forum

Welcome to a new way to chat to the motor industry. For us anyway.

We know forums have been around a while. And we know there are some other forums out there that let you converse with other members of the motor industry. But we hope you'll embrace our new Forum and love it like your own.

The Car Dealer team have been working very hard on integrating this forum into our website. Not only can you start posts in here just like any other forum by clicking 'Start New Topic', but by visiting one of the stories on our website and commenting on it a brand new thread will be created here too. It's a great way to share your views on the news.

We know we've been lacking a commenting facility on the site for a while - you can thank spammers for that - but now this new solution takes things to the next level.

You probably know the Car Dealer team is always online from our Twitter feeds and we'll be in here just as much, watching what you're talking about, taking note and diving in where we can.

We want to know the topics that are affecting you. Is there something we should be investigating? A story we should be covering? 

All we ask is that you play nicely. Don't personally attack anyone. Don't be too aggressive or use inappropriate language. And no shameless self promotion from suppliers. 

And do let us know what you think. We're here. We're listening. 

Enjoy...

• Like 5

Hi guys, liking your new Forum which is nice and easy to use on mobile;-)

As you know I run a similar Forum for car dealers called Twiiter Car Dealers which we built from scratch and I am happy that this forum can compliment ours! And I'm more than happy for you guys to join ours, mutual respect ;-)

A little constructive feedback.....it would be great if you have started a discussion or even just put some input into it, it would be great to get some kind of prompt through email if someone has replied to your debate or commented, just a suggestion! Jim

• Like 1

Hi Jim. Thanks for the feedback. You can get a prompt via email on any thread or 'topic'. In the top right hand corner of each thread there is a 'follow this topic' button which will mean you get an email every time a reply is posted in that thread.

It works well. I use it on topics I've started to keep an eye on them - like this one!

Thanks for the feedback though. Much appreciated and glad this is complimenting yours. We think the more areas there are for free discussion between the trade the better.

This might be a silly question......is there a physical Car Dealer Magazine in circulation or is it digital only now?

few Google searches turned up some subscription links but all seem to be broken/missing?

Appreciate a lot of publications have gone digital these days so thought I would check.

Simon

Yep I still get the magazine posted out to me...It's all part of you membership if you're paid up.

I would 'like' your thanks if they ever fix the god damn thing! :P

I've just received this months issue and there's some great articles in it!

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

I would 'like' your thanks if they ever fix the god damn thing! :P

I've just received this months issue and there's some great articles in it!

I would also like this post

@Mikey you don't think CDM are against us cheshire folk 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, betginge said:

I would also like this post

@Mikey you don't think CDM are against us cheshire folk 

Surely not lol :P

I mean what's not to 'like' about us!? :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Cathedral Automotive said:

Lol! I get the impression forum isn't maintained then?!? So now I have paid to join what happens?

Simon

Yeah it is... We're just not sure how long things take to fix as the like button and edit functions have been missing for a few of us for a while now. It's not that important, just more annoying than anything else.

In regards your membership from memory you'll get a welcome pack, copy of the magazine, plus free membership to Lawgistic's and a load of other benefits should you wish to take them.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, Cathedral Automotive said:

Lol! I get the impression forum isn't maintained then?!? So now I have paid to join what happens?

Simon

Paid to join ? :D

Me and  @Mikey only post on here to get out attendance money, Really helps out with the bills at the end of the month when the cheque lands. :lol:

12 hours ago, betginge said:

Paid to join ? :D

Me and  @Mikey only post on here to get out attendance money, Really helps out with the bills at the end of the month when the cheque lands. :lol:

I never get any as I skive too much! :D

Glad you're enjoying the magazine. We've looked at the like functions and edit bits but they work on our phones (iPhone) and desktop computers. If you can replicate the problem message us via the forum team email address and we'll take a look. We do monitor this forum...

Thanks for providing the forum. I'm looking forward to taking part and I hope it will prove useful and informative. 

I've worked in the motor trade since 1986. First as a valeter, then a mechanic and buyer. In the 2000's I went to the Middle East and fixed tanks and Humvees for the US Army. 

I am too old and lazy for that now, so It's time to get back to selling cars, and hanging about in auctions. My brother and I have gone back to our roots and have restarted the family business selling cars. It's small now but hopefully, it will lead to better things.

Hello, I've just found this forum. My name is Mike and although I've lived and breathed cars for most of my life, I am new to the trade. I am looking forwards to learning from your posts and experiences! 

• Like 2

Hey Everyone

Glad to have found this forum, I like to connect with people in my industry and there isnt too many places to do it.

I work with Classic Cars, we cover resto as well as sales and parts.

I'm also passionate about helping other classic cars dealers

Have a great weekend!

9 hours ago, Toby Brooks said:

Hey Everyone

Glad to have found this forum, I like to connect with people in my industry and there isnt too many places to do it.

Have a great weekend!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have someone different around 

On 24/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, Toby Brooks said:

Hey Everyone

Have a great weekend!

Hi Tony, why don’t you start your own post introducing yourself to the forum. 

Hi, I'm also a new member here and automotive dealer image enhancement service provider. I want to learn more and connect more people

On 27/03/2019 at 7:41 AM, richardlparez said:

Hi, I'm also a new member here and automotive dealer image enhancement service provider. I want to learn more and connect more people

Fed up with this “Bashar al-Assad” lookalike staring at me at top of the forum page. Spam from Bangladesh.