Sign in to follow this  
mac lidhar

coustomers

customer bought a car back in September 2019 she done her own finance on the car and she picked it up after it was authorised 6 weeks later she burnt the clutch out as as she was riding the clutch she called out AA recovery who took her to one of there own AA recommend garages who charged her nearly £1200 pounds as they saw her coming she had 3 months national warranty with warranty wise who only paid out £450.00 as they said that should be the rough cost of the clutch and now she's emailed me saying that the flywheel may have been wrong on the car and that has been causing the problem on the car in the first hand she went back to the first  garage and the admitted they done a shady job on it and they were going to put the job they had done right but the flywheel problem is not there's and recommend she should go back to the dealer as he will pay for it and now she's threatening trading standards on me ,

1 hour ago, mac lidhar said:

customer bought a car back in September 2019 she done her own finance on the car and she picked it up after it was authorised 6 weeks later she burnt the clutch out as as she was riding the clutch she called out AA recovery who took her to one of there own AA recommend garages who charged her nearly £1200 pounds as they saw her coming she had 3 months national warranty with warranty wise who only paid out £450.00 as they said that should be the rough cost of the clutch and now she's emailed me saying that the flywheel may have been wrong on the car and that has been causing the problem on the car in the first hand she went back to the first  garage and the admitted they done a shady job on it and they were going to put the job they had done right but the flywheel problem is not there's and recommend she should go back to the dealer as he will pay for it and now she's threatening trading standards on me ,

Tell her to get real and do her worst. She bought it in September.

• Haha 1

£1,200 without fitting a Flywheel too , wow she had her legs slapped there didn't she . Whats the Car a 400bhp monster :rolleyes: Clutch and flwheel kit is circa £350/£400 to buy , £600 to fit it = £1,000 + vat =£1,200 with a flywheel . Clutch on its own £70 est so she got well shafted didn't she :lol:, They should have fitted a Flywheel with a New Clutch in the first place , who the blue blazes fits a clutch and not the flywheel when your 9 " and a few bolts away from doing the job right 1st time round . 

3rd party fitted the new clutch without a flywheel  , someone admitted its a shady job and they were correct there so not your problem is it , she accepted the job and it was fine 

Also its third party interference , she needs to go back to the fitters of the clutch as they were the last people to deal with this issue . Its not your baby .

Telling her to come back to the dealer is their way of passing the buck to you , hoping your soft enough to get your wallet out . 

Advice ITS 5 Months ago lady , admit you have got this wrong , could be your fault or the garage who fitted the dodgy clutch  but its not a dealer issue 

Dealer Advice ; DON'T get the wallet out 

Edited by David Horgan

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

£1,200 without fitting a Flywheel too , wow she had her legs slapped there didn't she . Whats the Car a 400bhp monster :rolleyes: Clutch and flwheel kit is circa £350/£400 to buy , £600 to fit it = £1,000 + vat =£1,200 with a flywheel . Clutch on its own £70 est so she got well shafted didn't she :lol:, They should have fitted a Flywheel with a New Clutch in the first place , who the blue blazes fits a clutch and not the flywheel when your 9 " and a few bolts away from doing the job right 1st time round . 

3rd party fitted the new clutch without a flywheel  , someone admitted its a shady job and they were correct there so not your problem is it , she accepted the job and it was fine 

Also its third party interference , she needs to go back to the fitters of the clutch as they were the last people to deal with this issue . Its not your baby .

Telling her to come back to the dealer is their way of passing the buck to you , hoping your soft enough to get your wallet out . 

Advice ITS 5 Months ago lady , admit you have got this wrong , could be your fault or the garage who fitted the dodgy clutch  but its not a dealer issue 

Dealer Advice ; DON'T get the wallet out 

Spot on. 

Don't ignore the communication but put what David is pretty much telling you here into writing to her and start your own complaints procedure file.  Don't forget to send it recorded delivery.

gave me a bit of a shock when she said they charged her £1200 for the clutch and not fitting a flywheel and have a guess what car it was A Vauxhall Corsa 2012 CDTI I have emailed her back after getting advice , she's not responded back but then again she did threaten me with trading standards so just a waiting game now , and definataly not getting my wallet out for that she can do one ........lol

use this opportunity to watertight any paperwork in relation to sales you make from now on

ie be clear what you offer in relation to warranties,who is responsible and who they should contact in the first instance irrespective of what a throw away book might say

this is very important documentation if you ever find yourself in court

12 hours ago, Earunder said:

Spot on. 

Don't ignore the communication but put what David is pretty much telling you here into writing to her and start your own complaints procedure file.  Don't forget to send it recorded delivery.

I have emailed her back after getting advice from lawgistics motor trade lawyers not sure what hole these people wriggle out of and think the dealers are always responsible for other peoples shady work the warranty at first refused to pay her out as she didn't follow there procedure but after nurmurous phone calls they did pay what they thought was right for that job which I don't blame them 

1 minute ago, New year revolutions...... said:

use this opportunity to watertight any paperwork in relation to sales you make from now on

ie be clear what you offer in relation to warranties,who is responsible and who they should contact in the first instance irrespective of what a throw away book might say

this is very important documentation if you ever find yourself in court

I always tell them that any problems with the car contact your warranty company first and follow there instructions but it looks like it just goes straight over there heads 

• Like 1