Anglo9

WBAC valuations

Blimey , is it just me or are WBAC valuations the new Cap clean +++ ? Used to use the website to show customers how fair our PX was !

Now ,not so much ..

Have had a couple of repeat finance customers chop their PX cars in there last month.  Both were Audi’s, one Q5 and one A1.  Both were basic spec, Q5 was S line manual but no options (inc headed seats) and both got more than we could get underwrites for.

• Like 1

We sometimes use the Arnold Clark one checking the value first 

Initial quote usually is high on WBAC to get you interested. Start adding a couple of chips and scratches and the value soon halves.

5 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Initial quote usually is high on WBAC to get you interested. Start adding a couple of chips and scratches and the value soon halves.

This is very true and even then when you turn up they knock more money off 

Edited by Casper

2 hours ago, Casper said:

even then when you turn up they knock more money off 

Simply due to the fact that they have to get off their ass and look at the car. "That's another £500 off the price I'm afraid sir!"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CRW said:

Simply due to the fact that they have to get off their ass and look at the car. "That's another £500 off the price I'm afraid sir!"

:lol::lol:

Had a few recently go to wbac , because of high quotes first given online , got there and they grade like BCA 1,2,3,4,5 is their grading system , they arrived with the idea of getting 5k or whatever as quoted and got offered 4k due to condition . All were 1k lower than quoted on average . 

Then when they put the grade into the computer there's no going back im afraid because we haven't the authority to change the grade , they ask you first if you agree with the grade of say 3 and of course they all nod yes , but don't realise it affects the value .

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

All were 1k lower than quoted on average . 

In fairness to WBAC looking at the cars of the general public they are in worse and worse condition and the mint ones that have really been looked after are owned by anoracs that think their chariot should be worth at least 40% more than anything else similar on the market. 

I think its as simply they have to buy them at a  lower price than they expect it to make at one of there auctions  i know someone that got 2k less of an offer from we buy any car for an Audi s3 than the Audi main dealer he sold it to in a straight sale 

Edited by Casper

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

In fairness to WBAC looking at the cars of the general public they are in worse and worse condition and the mint ones that have really been looked after are owned by anoracs that think their chariot should be worth at least 40% more than anything else similar on the market.

I agree there Nick , some proper rubbish px cars out there nowdays but the ones who do appear to look after them think its worth £500 more than retail :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

I agree there Nick , some proper rubbish px cars out there nowdays but the ones who do appear to look after them think its worth £500 more than retail

I think the funniest one I saw was a private ad on AT here local to me last week. 2007 Honda Civic diesel. 170k miles with a list of modifications that nobody would want. Asking £3995 for it, AT retail was something like £1100, showing a marker of £2900 over retail.  Do these people not do any research into what the car might be worth before paying a fortune to advertise? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CRW said:

I think the funniest one I saw was a private ad on AT here local to me last week. 2007 Honda Civic diesel. 170k miles with a list of modifications that nobody would want. Asking £3995 for it, AT retail was something like £1100, showing a marker of £2900 over retail.  Do these people not do any research into what the car might be worth before paying a fortune to advertise? 

They should be car traders , Show us all how its done , 

Had one on the phone this morning , 

Do you do part x 

I can sure look at it for you i says , what have you got 

03 Plate Mini One in red 88,000 , two weeks MOT complete with last years advisories , She wants £1,800 for it " I kid you NOT £1,800 " BUT she knows we have to earn a profit so will except £1,600 :lol:" Very generous I said . 

Take it to we buy any car i told her , they only want to give me £800 for it she goes  " Wow What are they on to give her that much I thought  " 

I said sorry my dear you are asking to much money for it and trying to get more trade in than its worth to sell . 

She rings back in about an hour 

I've been thinking she says , If i do take £800 for it at we buy any car could i give you £6,500 for your the car your selling :blink: Its £7,995 I said were do you get those numbers from . :ph34r:

I've got to pay the insurance and tax with whats left she goes . They dont have a F##############g Clue they dont 

Cheerio Tat ta , Buggar off :lol: twat 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

I've been thinking she says , If i do take £800 for it at we buy any car could i give you £6,500 for your the car your selling :blink: Its £7,995 I said were do you get those numbers from

How bloody unreasonable of you! How dare you attempt to make a living!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

They should be car traders , Show us all how its done , 

Had one on the phone this morning , 

Do you do part x 

I can sure look at it for you i says , what have you got 

03 Plate Mini One in red 88,000 , two weeks MOT complete with last years advisories , She wants £1,800 for it " I kid you NOT £1,800 " BUT she knows we have to earn a profit so will except £1,600 :lol:" Very generous I said . 

Take it to we buy any car i told her , they only want to give me £800 for it she goes  " Wow What are they on to give her that much I thought  " 

I said sorry my dear you are asking to much money for it and trying to get more trade in than its worth to sell . 

She rings back in about an hour 

I've been thinking she says , If i do take £800 for it at we buy any car could i give you £6,500 for your the car your selling :blink: Its £7,995 I said were do you get those numbers from . :ph34r:

I've got to pay the insurance and tax with whats left she goes . They dont have a F##############g Clue they dont 

Cheerio Tat ta , Buggar off :lol: twat 

Come now david be a gentleman let her have it some people crack you up don't they 

They are out this week.  

1st we had a couple Wednesday on a £28k Evoque.  They have a 118i to PX, worth £13k, owes £14k and wants to fund our £28k Evoque with £13k deposit, are you all still with me?

My colleague had to draw him a picture of how finance works as he genuinely believed that the £13k his car was worth could be used as deposit for the Evoque.

2nd, Year old Honda Civic, mature buyer had a full on door slamming tantrum after we told him he could not part pay £500 on a credit card despite being told this on the phone before he came in.  Apparently it’s against his consumer and human rights and he will be taking it further...

Apart from these the week has been OK but today was very quiet.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Contracts said:

They are out this week.  

1st we had a couple Wednesday on a £28k Evoque.  They have a 118i to PX, worth £13k, owes £14k and wants to fund our £28k Evoque with £13k deposit, are you all still with me?

My colleague had to draw him a picture of how finance works as he genuinely believed that the £13k his car was worth could be used as deposit for the Evoque.

2nd, Year old Honda Civic, mature buyer had a full on door slamming tantrum after we told him he could not part pay £500 on a credit card despite being told this on the phone before he came in.  Apparently it’s against his consumer and human rights and he will be taking it further...

Apart from these the week has been OK but today was very quiet.

How do some people get washed and dressed in the morning makes u wonder doesn't it ?

Well mine this week are a beetle that won't drive because it's in a garage with its head off in a 1000 bits but she will let me have it at £500 ,off this car she must have because she's a carer and has no transport , apparently the flower on the dash is doing well mind

And then a ford with no clutch and a value of a wet paper bag, I offered to get it shifted for the customer as a goodwill gesture,what a nightmare trying to get someone within 10 miles to shift it ,I made the first error by using facepalm, I thought they just did the innit talk in text speak but no they speak it too,then I went on to scrap my car but they wanted my left leg measurement so it's still sat there taking up the queens highway

• Haha 1