Frankieola

Best Wet Vac?

Probably been asked a million times before but what do people think is the best Wet Vac and what do you use with it cleaning wise? 

Would appreciate everyone's opinion even if the answer is Krystof at the hand car wash on the main road!! 

Most use either a George or Charles , if you wanna spend more there’s the double motor numatic hoovers 

Auto smart sell g101 or brisk, g101 is an all round cleaner brisk is meant for upholstery smells better . Spray all over seats , scrub with wash mit / scrubbing brush dry with microfibre cloth then wet vac . Repeat until clean 

Very happy with my Charles , got eight years out of the first one , UK made also , does the job , no fuss

9 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Titan from screwfix. Wipes the floor with all others for only £70. 

They get my vote also

Titan are great for a dry vac but they aren’t comparable to a George for a wet vac. It’s only when you use a George do you realise how good they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Titan are great for a dry vac but they aren’t comparable to a George for a wet vac. It’s only when you use a George do you realise how good they are. 

Guess its like everything else you get what you pay for though looking online the George does seem good value nowadays . 

Edited by Casper

Never had a titan but I think the main difference I’ve found with cheaper hoovers is they break or loose suction quick. Every cheaper 1 I’ve tried has been replaced within a few months , I’ve had numatics last years . They all seem great at first though . Also you can find all parts for them pretty easy .

On 3/2/2020 at 11:00 PM, EPV said:

Totally disagree. I’m a gas engineer and the George’s don’t compare. I’ve used my titan for stuff you done even want to know about. All of my colleagues switched from George’s to titans

My titan is 4 years old and still going strong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Totally disagree. I’m a gas engineer and the George’s don’t compare. I’ve used my titan for stuff you done even want to know about. All of my colleagues switched from George’s to titans

My titan is 4 years old and still going strong.

It may well unblock sinks or hoover up large quantities of water quickly but it doesn't have the power the numatic does when you are wet vaccing carpets and seats, I've tried one after the other (titan then george) and a numatic will always, always extract more water from seats and carpets.

Screwfix must of realised they’re selling a good vacuum with the Titan - about 4 years ago I’m fairly sure mine only cost £35. AT must be running the show.

Don't know, maybe this won't necessarily be the most popular opinion, but I'm a big fan of Craftsman, I actually got one last year and I couldn't be an happier with it. https://popular.reviews/wet-dry-vacuum/#1_CRAFTSMAN_17595 

I generally get my stuff from manufacturers that I've previously had contact with, and I had some other tools in the garage from this brand and was pleased with them. It's a 16-gallon model so I empty it only from time to time, and it pulls up anything without flinching.