Merlot

Makeup on seats

Looking a little advise please.

have taken a fiesta in as a trade and both front seats are covered in ground in makeup which is proving hard to remove. Have used a George with fabric cleaner but it is difficult for it to break the makeup down.

Was going to try maybe TFR or would this be to much for the fabric? Any recommendations please? 

Also it’s a zetec S so the fabric is softer than the normal fiestas 

thanks  

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

Looking a little advise please.

have taken a fiesta in as a trade and both front seats are covered in ground in makeup which is proving hard to remove. Have used a George with fabric cleaner but it is difficult for it to break the makeup down.

Was going to try maybe TFR or would this be to much for the fabric? Any recommendations please? 

Also it’s a zetec S so the fabric is softer than the normal fiestas 

thanks  

how old is this fiesta?

Wet vacs are ok but to clean upholstery and carpets properly you need a drill brush. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112582197715

I’d do some google research as to what removes make up (I’m presuming thinner type products will do it) and spray on, drill brush, extract with wet vac. Rinse and repeat as necessary. 

Shampoo with strong g101 and a scrubbing brush then wipe with a clean microfibre before using the wet vac to suck the last bits out.

Thanks for all the advice and an update.

Got some flash spray with bicarbonate of soda out of Tesco. Sprayed on thick left for 5 mins and a gentle scrub with a microfibre cloth and the make up melted away. I then shampooed seats with a wet vac.

hopefully it dries out well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

Thanks for all the advice and an update.

Got some flash spray with bicarbonate of soda out of Tesco. Sprayed on thick left for 5 mins and a gentle scrub with a microfibre cloth and the make up melted away. I then shampooed seats with a wet vac.

hopefully it dries out well.  

Thanks for the update

Edited by Casper

Might be just round these parts, but you do see a lot of women doing there makeup in rush hour traffic queues?