Biggest issue is passing it onto elderly folks. 

36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We heard this a couple of weeks ago. No budget tyres coming out of China at all. Pirellis all round I reckon.

On a separate point, I'm assuming that all the people on here that are saying that they are worried about this don't smoke, they drink in moderation, eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise regularly and aren't overweight? 

Thought not.....

You forgot the most important one

Thank you for your thoughts on this I will now go file it under b

I pleasantly surprised to know there are so many Doctors among us. Living in London I'm not predicting the end of the world but neither am I just brushing it off as I did with swine flu.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

We heard this a couple of weeks ago. No budget tyres coming out of China at all. Pirellis all round I reckon.

On a separate point, I'm assuming that all the people on here that are saying that they are worried about this don't smoke, they drink in moderation, eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise regularly and aren't overweight? 

Thought not.....

Don't smoke don't drink .but I'm a fat b*****d with a shit diet takeaways are my downfall .

I also have asthma which probably wouldn't help . And I do think  and believe its more serious than flu 

although I do have genuine concern for my elderly parents and neighbours raging in age from 70s- 90s

I guess its a waiting game there not a lot we can do other than take precautions

Edited by Casper

1 hour ago, Casper said:

neighbours raging in age from 70s- 90s

They can become aggressive as they get older :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Hi

I see you live in the London area

Come back to me in 3 weeks with this post will you please

Thanks

Sorry, this went right over my head? The virus is transferred from contact, or picked up from hard surfaces. This is the reason you’ve been hearing so much about handwashing. The virus can live on a hard surfacesfor over 9hrs.

55 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

They can become aggressive as they get older :lol:

:lol:or go back to acting like kids lol one old guy the other day was arguing with another over a bin that didn't have his number on it 

2 hours ago, metcars said:

Sorry, this went right over my head? The virus is transferred from contact, or picked up from hard surfaces. This is the reason you’ve been hearing so much about handwashing. The virus can live on a hard surfacesfor over 9hrs.

Passes between people via respiratory droplets (breathing within 6 feet and also coughs and sneezes).  Also by surface contact.  Can stay on surfaces like plastic for up to 3 days!

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html

Edited by Halfpenny

Even more reason to have good pics, videos and sell with delivery options to avoid corona virus right?  

Take the travel out of it for customers and keep them out your office. Win win.

37 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Even more reason to have good pics, videos and sell with delivery options to avoid corona virus right?  

Take the travel out of it for customers and keep them out your office. Win win.

Maybe Cazoo is going to clean up and we are all going out of business? Do you think that they started the virus????

14 minutes ago, C B said:

My god!!!

Go and worry about it then but scare mongering on here isn't helping anyone!! 

Boo hoo, one guy can't get some budget tyres, get different ones then. There aren't that many people running about with 1.6mm of tread all sat searching for a pair of ditch finders. It's just scare mongering, I must've bought 12-15 tyres in the last week, none of them were premium brand, all were readily available and not one person told me I had to go on a awaiting list. 

Supply chains will suffer, we'll all survive and come summer time, we'll all be back to normal. 

No one gives a fuck about the amount of people that die in car crashes every day (more than these sniffles people have) but we all still jump in and don't think twice about it. 

Give something a name and something that feeds the tabloids and you have morons panic buying toilet roll. 

Fuck me, toilet roll???? It's not a fucking stomach bug!!! 

A few months back, Brexit was going to wipe us all out. 

Now it's this. 

Everyone is so doom and gloom!! 

Pick ya heads up, turn the frown upside down and be a bit more positive. 

Oh, and wash ya hands every now and again!! 

There's 3 threads based on this yet I don't remember anyone ever being so concerned about the flu, that goes around every winter killing all the oldies off, enough to create a thread about it. 

I dont get this, I've even checked the online version of the sun and they are worried

Pray tell what paper you read?

The watchtower?

12 minutes ago, C B said:

My god!!!

Go and worry about it then but scare mongering on here isn't helping anyone!! 

Boo hoo, one guy can't get some budget tyres, get different ones then. There aren't that many people running about with 1.6mm of tread all sat searching for a pair of ditch finders. It's just scare mongering, I must've bought 12-15 tyres in the last week, none of them were premium brand, all were readily available and not one person told me I had to go on a awaiting list. 

Supply chains will suffer, we'll all survive and come summer time, we'll all be back to normal. 

No one gives a fuck about the amount of people that die in car crashes every day (more than these sniffles people have) but we all still jump in and don't think twice about it. 

Give something a name and something that feeds the tabloids and you have morons panic buying toilet roll. 

Fuck me, toilet roll???? It's not a fucking stomach bug!!! 

Now it's this. 

There's 3 threads based on this yet I don't remember anyone ever being so concerned about the flu, that goes around every winter killing all the oldies off, enough to create a thread about it. 

Just to put this into perspective, in 2018, 616,000 people died in the UK. That is nearly 1700, every day.

I think 6 people have died from the virus in about 2 months and they were all at least in their 70s and unwell.

But there will be a shortage of budget tyres....

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just to put this into perspective, in 2018, 616,000 people died in the UK. That is nearly 1700, every day.

I think 6 people have died from the virus in about 2 months and they were all at least in their 70s and unwell.

But there will be a shortage of budget tyres....

Stop press......,,.

The world is flat:D

Breaking news the uk health minister gets coronavirus

But hey it's only flu

Dont panic......................

Edited by New year revolutions......
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, C B said:

Now it's this. 

Brexit hasn't really happened yet and this virus hasn't properly arrived in the UK yet. Its arrived in Italy though and already over 460 people have died in the last few days. Its NOT flu, its about ten times more deadly than flu. Hence the travel restrictions in Italy.

Anyone who runs a real business (i.e. not a kerbside/backyard trader) should take the threat seriously and plan for a lean few months. Hopefully it won't hit as hard as some expect, but in business its best to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Stop press......,,.

The world is flat:D

Breaking news the uk health minister gets coronavirus

But hey it's only flu

Dont panic......................

Breaking news, is she dead?

No. She's sat at home giving interviews to the press.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Breaking news, is she dead?

No. She's sat at home giving interviews to the press.

she was in a meeting with Mr johnson the other day who's wife to be is currently 3+ months pregnant,if that was my wife to be i would be afraid

my wife goes into hospital tomorrow im also afraid

but of course its only the flu innit

Just got woken up from my day dream, by a (wrong number) call. 

"Er, Hello.....we were due to bring our car to you on Friday to have the wing repaired (there's a bodyshop behind us)...er.....because of the Corona virus, we're going to cancel I'm afraid as we're very concerned..er...we're not going to go out at all...."

I chuckled and told them we weren't them and gave them the number.  However, first I couldn't help myself and I heard these words come out of my mouth...'Don't be so silly. Really?

55 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

"Er, Hello.....we were due to bring our car to you on Friday to have the wing repaired (there's a bodyshop behind us)...er.....because of the Corona virus, we're going to cancel I'm afraid as we're very concerned..er...we're not going to go out at all...."

I chuckled and told them we weren't them and gave them the number.  However, first I couldn't help myself and I heard these words come out of my mouth...'Don't be so silly. Really?

Ha Ha ‘ So you are over 80,don’t worry it’s only a pandemic ‘

• Like 2

19 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

The watchtower?

Don't mention that read to me omg i have a customer who is one of those guys , he quotes chapters of the bible from all different versions , drives me insane , he hasn't been in while this virus is about but I'm hiding when he does :ph34r:

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

that's so funny , imagine them hiding under their beds with face masks and rubber gloves on :o or home made Hazmat suits even 

11 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Don't mention that read to me omg i have a customer who is one of those guys , he quotes chapters of the bible from all different versions , drives me insane , he hasn't been in while this virus is about but I'm hiding when he does :ph34r:

that's so funny , imagine them hiding under their beds with face masks and rubber gloves on :o or home made Hazmat suits even 

Ha. Yeah. Loons. Bet they disinfect the post. 

To date I have been firmly in the carry on as normal camp and I intend to remain there as much as possible.

But today had my first wake up call. Order for 3 new vans cancelled by a corporate catering company who have been decimated by cancellations for the rest of the year.  They are not bullshitters they are genuine successful business people to date. They don't want to answer the phone or look at emails ..just cancellations NO bookings.

Knock on effect is lost sale on 3 new vans and 2 good p/ex's.  ie 5 deals.

I can buy  one  as there is no work for the forseable.

Massive turnaround in just three weeks. 

Someone better tell the NHS 'angels' it's nothing to worry about. sick leave has rocketed in the past few days ‘ I’ve kids to think about’  

survival of the fittest....

48 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

To date I have been firmly in the carry on as normal camp and I intend to remain there as much as possible.

But today had my first wake up call. Order for 3 new vans cancelled by a corporate catering company who have been decimated by cancellations for the rest of the year.  They are not bullshitters they are genuine successful business people to date. They don't want to answer the phone or look at emails ..just cancellations NO bookings.

Knock on effect is lost sale on 3 new vans and 2 good p/ex's.  ie 5 deals.

I can buy  one  as there is no work for the forseable.

Massive turnaround in just three weeks. 

Wow. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the condolences!! Worse for the customer, I dont like to see a fellow business suffering through seemingly no fault of their own......You never know when it could be your turn!

Had worse things happen in my life but dont want too many more like that.

Hopefully when its over,  there will be pent up demand  for vehicles and we will all be complaining we 're sold out and its too hard to buy stock.

Rest assured some business sectors are having it away now.